Wapun Meadow there's an oily brine bilge water baptism waiting below
i will pry his bony fingers free
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
indra nodded -- she understood that curiosity -- there was a story in those charred oaks, the fallen timbers. a story that perhaps she or wraen would never know.

as wraen went on, revealing to indra the pragmatic nature of her mother, indra couldn't help but feel a bit cold -- it must have been nice, she thought, to have a mother so wise. indra had always loved saena, but as she grew older she grew more introspective -- and she saw saena for what she truly was. not just as a mother, but as an entity, a living thing -- a flawed living thing.

she supposed now her life was an accurate representation of those who mattered most. laurel, blondine, tadec... and that was about it. maybe someday phoenix, though for now she kept her hopes from ever getting airborne.

"i haven't lately, no. but in the past, we traveled a lot. i'm tired of it. i want one home, and i want to stay there forever. no more traveling, no more sudden departures, no more problems with others -- just me and those that matter to me the most. what about you?" it was a lot to come out of indra's mouth -- particularly since she was often so reticent around strangers.
now the wren has gone to roost and the sky is turning gold,
and like the sky, my soul is also turning.
Messages In This Thread
RE: there's an oily brine bilge water baptism waiting below - by Indra - April 25, 2018, 05:45 PM