Duskfire Glacier I'll be your number one with a bullet.
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Private 
@Tomkin forward dated to 6/28 and set after this thread and this thread.

She had a plan. She had made two allies that had agreed to guard this area until she could come back with her family. Taki's heart dropped at the realization that Tomkin may not be with them. She had failed in her mission, been unable to track him down. Not only would Sia be disappointed in her, but she still had no idea if he was okay. he was just as resilient as she was, so her hope was that he was just off on his own somewhere and would come back eventually; she just prayed it wasn't too late.

She had taken one last stroll through the place the felt so much like home, committing certain details to memory so that she could accurately describe the glacier to her family. Suddenly, she froze, her heart racing. She could recognize that scent anywhere. Hell, she had spent the first half of her journey following it. Tomkin. Only now the scent trail wasn't faint; it was fresh. She followed it to a mountain that housed a system of caves. She stopped at the enterance, looking around, trying to catch sight of him. He was around here somewhere, she could feel it. So, she raised her muzzle to the sky and let out a long howl to call for him.
Inuttuk
Common

37 Posts
Ooc — Mar
A scruffy white wolf laid asleep within the cool caves, patches of fur unevenly on his body as his winter coat shed. Little barks and growls rose from his mouth, feet seeming to spasm while he dreamt. It had been a while since he had seen his siblings, and his dream was not exactly pleasant. The scene in his mind was him alone, not being able to see his brothers and sisters, yet his father standing over him, barking orders. His lip lifted, and a growl rose from his muzzle. Surprise ran through him when his father's hackles rose then he charged. Tomkin's body tensed, yet as his father's massive form leaped, a howl jerked his body, slamming his head into the rock wall of the cave, green eyes popping open with a groan. He was known for not waking up fast, a fact his father had took delight in reminding him of daily.

Standing up, he blinked sleepily and shook, trying to wake up. That howl...his eyebrows furrowed, knowing he should be able to place it immediately, yet his brain was still fuzzy. Stretching slowly, he moved towards the opening, his head now pounding. He picked up his pace, although stumbling slightly, still not awake. Stepping into the light, his eyes went wide, the sight in front of him bittersweet. Takiyok, sister, you gave me a headache. He grumbled sleepily, yet his tail wagged happily as he moved towards her, a smile on his muzzle.
"If you're going to walk on thin ice, you might as well dance."
-Innutuk saying

speaking Innutuk
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Her heart raced with anticipation as she waited for her littermate to answer her call. She heard a stirring from within the caves and was soon met with the sight of her brother walking sleepily from the caves. She rolled her eyes. Of course he was here, asleep, while she was out searching for him. She couldn't even be angry about it, though, because she was so damn happy to see him.

She shook her head at his words; she wasn't even going to ask what he meant by that. She had too many other questions swimming through her mind currently. She sprinted to him, closing the rest of the distance and gave him an excited nuzzle in greeting. "Brother, I'm so glad you're okay. How long have you been here? We've been so worried." all the words came out in a rushed excitement as she pulled back to meet his gaze. She hadn't seen him since he left home with Tahani and Siarut. Worry settled in her stomach as she briefly wondered if Tomkin would be mad that she hadn't left with them initially. She had realized the error of her ways too late to leave with them but had set out on her own to find them once she saw their father for what he really was.
Inuttuk
Common

37 Posts
Ooc — Mar
The flash of white towards him made him spring forward, meeting her nuzzle with one of his own, his tail beating the air. A lazy smile came across his features as he spoke. Of course I'm okay. I can survive on my own, dear sister. How long? I haven't been keeping track...one, two weeks? It's beautiful here. What do you think of it? His voice was light and proud of his finding, yet his bright green eyes didn't miss anything as he went over her, making sure she wasn't hurt in any way, concern fleeting on his features. When did you leave? And how did our parents take it? And why now? He wasn't concerned that she hadn't left with them. It was her choice, and although he hadn't liked it, she was the one who had to live with it, so his words were straight to the point, but his tone gentle, a rare thing unless it was towards his siblings. Locking eyes with her, he sat on his haunches and tilted his head, a disquiet feeling within him.
-Innutuk saying

speaking Innutuk
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Taki was well aware he could take care of himself, but she still worried. He was her brother; she would always worry about him. "It is beautiful here. I never want to leave." She grinned at him with the words. "I was going to try and talk the other three into coming back with me once Shivali's pups are old enough." She said it without realizing that he didn't know Shivali had been pregnant in the first place. 

Sitting down in front of Tomkin, her expression darkened at the mention of their parents. "I left a few weeks after you guys and tracked your scents to Blackfeather woods." Her orange gaze fell from his before she continued. "I tried to reason with father and it didn't go well; it finally made me see him for the asshole he was," she lifted her eyes to meet Tomkins again and was sure they were filled with anger and disgust. "He pretty much told me to get lost, so I left to find you guys." She had been their father's perfect soldier, and it was clear it had meant nothing to him. The memory still stung no matter how hard she tried to push it down into the depths of her mind where she kept things she didn't want to deal with. "I don't know how mother took it. I didn't tell her I was leaving. But you know she would never stand up to father anyway." She shook her head at the thought. She didn't have bad feelings towards their mother, but she was beginning to see her for the weak wolf she was. 

She put her ears back and sighed. "Will you come back with me?" The question was uncharacteristically timid for Taki because she was afraid of what his answer would be.
Inuttuk
Common

37 Posts
Ooc — Mar
At the mention of his other siblings, his tail wagged, his eyes shining a but brighter. As much as he didn't want to admit it, he had missed them. It had been a few weeks and while he enjoyed the freedom, being alone wasn't as much fun as he had thought it would be. It was great, and knowing he had family to go back to made it less lonely, but talking to his prey just wasn't the same. He opened his mouth before she finished her sentence to speak, yet as she finished, he couldn't have spoke if his life depended on it. His green eyes widened and darkened, his body frozen, tail in mid wag. Shiv had....pups? Blinking, he stared at Taking, his brain racing while he tried to comprehend that thought.

She began talking again, and he pushed that thought to the back, concentrating on her answer to him. Her gaze fell, and he sat down heavily, his gaze locked on her. His already dark gaze darkened at the mention of their father. It sounded like him, yet he was almost surprised that he would push away Taki like that. His muscles tense, they rippled under his patchy fur, the respect he had left for his father draining from his body, lip rising in disgust. A protective feeling rose in him for Taki, his thoughts also returning to Shiv, the surprise now settling in him as the protective emotion rising higher, resolve with it. His father wouldn't hurt them again. A glint came in his eye, a decision made.

With that, he relaxed his body, his tag wagging yet again, a rare soft smile on his lips as she asked him. Yes, I will. It will be great to see them. Stepping forward, he nuzzled her gently, an uncommon show of emotion in his body and voice. We can form a family pack like we had back home but better. Much better. He murmured the last two words, protection almost radiating from him as resolve filled his eyes.
-Innutuk saying

speaking Innutuk
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Taki's face lit up at his agreement to come back with her, and she stood up and put her face in his neck, breathing deep and taking in his scent. Her family members were the only ones that ever saw her affectionate side, as she did not give affection easily otherwise. But with her family, she loved them so much, she couldn't help but show it. "I've missed you so much, brother," she said as she pulled away to meet his gaze. Now that she had her other brother back in her life, she felt more complete. She missed the rest of their littermates, of course, but they had to make their own choices. 

"I like the sound of that." Taki answered smiling. She looked around briefly, thinking this area would make a perfect territory for such a pack. She glanced at the caves Tom had come from and added, "Those look like they would make great dens." She lifted her head towards where he had come from as she spoke. "I've hunted in the forested area and mapped out the territory a little. I think the family would love it here." She had begun making a mental list of attributes, so that when she told her family about this place, she could portray its beauty and value properly. She was determined to come back here; that's why she left two other wolves to watch over the area in her absence.
Inuttuk
Common

37 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Dens. They would need dens. It still surprised him, although it shouldn't have. He wondered about the father. Who was he? Where was he? A thoughtful look came into his eyes, and a flash of anger crossed his eyes as his thoughts turned dark. He shook his head, knocking the anger out of his features. He grinned as he listened to his sister speak. She was always a good scout, and he had missed her more than he cared to admit. Winking at her, he teased her playfully, pushing against her shoulder a bit before licking her cheek. Almost as pretty and useful as you, right? 
Stepping back, he shook, still not fully awake and looked at his sister, blinking sleepily, a lopsided grin on his face. She was here. It had been too long. She had been his main regret when he had left, leaving her behind. It still bugged him sometimes that he had left her to fend for herself. He knew she could take care of herself, yet she was one of the very few he felt protective about, and leaving her had felt wrong. Shaking his head slightly, he stretched slowly, yawning widely before speaking again, his tail swishing through the air slowly, a sparkle in his eye, His voice light but serious, the last word having more emphasis and emotion than the others, his voice dropping at the end. How about we go tell our siblings that we're going to bring them home?
-Innutuk saying

speaking Innutuk
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Taki playfully rolled her eyes at his comment and shook her head, Flattery will get you nowhere, brother, she said jokingly before licking his cheek in return. She was glad to have found him here, and knew the journey home would be much more enjoyable with Tom at her side. 

She smiled at his next words. Nothing would make me happier, she said with a bow of head. Everyone will be so happy to see you, she added. Before we head home, I need to map out the territory a little more, Taki said before turning to start walking. Join me? she asked, not wanting to let him out of her sight even for a second. She couldn't wait to get Tom back to their family, but she still had a job to do, and she wanted to be familiar with territory when she told the others about it. Plus, it would be helpful to know where things were when they arrived here with their road-weary family.

Feel free to fade with your next post.
Inuttuk
Common

37 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Grinning at her comment, Tomkin nuzzled her once more. It was good to be talking to her again. He had missed it. As she spoke of mapping the area, his eyes lit up, and he forgot all about the headache he had gotten. His tail started wagging, and his ears perked high in the air. A little sleepiness hung on, yet he stretched again, his muscles warming up for the journey home. I'd love to. Let's go exploring together. And with those words, he loped a few steps and looked behind him, making sure she was coming, then started out, a lightness in his heart with his sister at his side.
-Innutuk saying

speaking Innutuk