Stone Circle and put it all back together again in the quiet of my private collection
patron saint
are we all lost like you?
253 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Arlette praised him, which was of no surprise, and while her words warmed him, they did little to still his nerves. She was easy to please, and quick to show her support, just like she showed it now. But Ezra -

Ezra was an enigma, and Merrit wanted to melt into the ground at the stretch of his brother's silence and maybe burrow there forever, until the smallest turn of a smile stopped the growing hunch of his shoulders, and a short step forward hammered his heart against his chest.

Merrit splayed his ears beneath the gentlest tap of Ezra's nose against his head, and heat flooded him at the point of his brother's touch. The sensation remained even as Ezra retreated and grew like a pillar again, and that was everything he needed.

A smile broke over Merrit's face, and he felt himself grow a little taller as he turned his attention to Arlette, eager now, unafraid, and spilling with a quiet rush of words.

I learned from Miss Brynn, he said, his smile so broad he nearly glowed, I can teach you, too, if you'd like. Do you wanna try?