Blacktail Deer Plateau Not wanna be, gonna be
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Pack Activity 
@Kavik @Illidan @Grezig @Elixir @Kenkou @Donoma @Thorleif @Corvus @Minori @Barracuda @Quail unsure if the unofficial group would have left the area yet. For consistency, if they haven't left, we'll forward date this to after they have. To make this easy, we'll do this in rounds (with the next one beginning five days from now on August 18th) with no posting order

Perhaps, she had not handled the meeting with Sunspire as best as she could have. She had snapped back at Treason, if only to preserve her dignity before her wolves. She hoped believed that it had gone well in the end; she'd made clear their hostility was reserved for the Gamma and not the whole of the pack. Still, the healer could not help but feel guilty - as if she had lost the territory for them. 

From the Vale they had travelled north - on account of the fishbowl-like structure to the Vale - and then west through the mountains. Steep footpaths left an aching reminder of years past when she had crossed the mountains on four legs. 

The plateau was inconspicuous at first glance, a green circle within the mountainside with a ribbon of silver winding through it. The western edge disappeared in a sheer drop of open air - though this was blocked from her vision by the greenish black expanse of evergreen forest and low mountains that encircled the outer reaches of the plateau. 

The forest that circled the plateau was quiet - distantly a bird's harsh cry could be heard echoing back to their group - cool and shaded in the morning. The scent of other loners could be faintly picked up but the scents were stale, there was no claim to this land. 

Other scents and sights promised a bountiful territory - that of the blacktail deer herd that lived in the Flatlands below and frequented the stream, the small prey, the medicinal herbs she spotted cropping up, etc. The mountains too promised shelter in the colder months to come.

She investigated silently, without offering that they explore it - despite the fact that she was examining it as their own. 

Finally she padded to Kavik and raised her brows at him in question. "What do you think?" She murmured, too low for anyone else to hear.
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Things had not gone as planned in the vale, which meant they ultimately found themselves traveling again. Kavik was tired and not happy to be on the move once more, and he was sure the rest of the pack felt the same way. But, that was life sometimes, and they needed a place to call home, so they onward they moved north through the vale.

Kavik felt bad leading the group through yet another set of mountains, but it was the only way out of the valley. The plateau that awaited them once on the other side of the peaks was lush with trees and animal life. As they moved farther in, he first made sure there was nothing that marked the territry as claimed. Satisfied that the area was free from any previous claims, he began to inspect it further, and started to think it could possibly be a good place for them to finally call home.

The look on his mate's face when she walked over to him said she was thinking the same thing. When she quietly asked what he thought, he smiled and nodded once. I think it's perfect, he answered, looking out towards the forest again. True, it wasn't the vale, but it was just as plentiful and could support their pack well.
I'm no good without you
We all eat lies when our hearts are hungry...
365 Posts
Ooc — AMA102
It had been a small loss for the pack, the Vale but Elixir knew that her leaders would find somewhere that could do just as good if not better for them. As they traveled she was well in the back making sure everyone was making okay and didn’t need a break. Being in the back was satisfying to her as she could help anyone if they needed. The wolfdog was quiet moving over the mountain and to the plateau. 

As they stopped at the beautiful plateau Elixir looked around wondering if this would be their home now. From smell, it seemed that there were plentiful prey around and no one really nearby to bother them which is good because the pack didn’t need another run in like at Sunspire. The wolfdog took a seat on her rump as her eyes found Liri and Kavik, wondering what they will say about this place. Is it home or are they just stopping to rest? She’d soon find out.
[Image: galaxy-th.png]See the good [Image: galaxy-th.png]
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Grezig didn’t care anymore. They’d been traveling for so long that the days had begun to blur together. Traveling this much had begun to feel more normal than being settled in one place. They stopped to rest here (she did not assume that they were staying because they never stayed anywhere) and she plopped to the ground with a huff. She checked the others for a moment, scanning faces. Everyone seemed okay, albeit tired. Liri and Kavik were speaking quietly to each other, too quietly for her to hear their conversation—not that she would eavesdrop anyways. With a last glance around, she lay her head on her paws and dozed off.
bit my wings and ate them whole
47 Posts
Ooc — thalia

she is always in the vicinity of @Barracuda, traveling without outward complaint. despite appearing to be little more than a vestige of mist, she is well versed in the art of travel without rest. thus she does not fall to rest as does Grezig. rather, she sits, drawing herself into neat and tucked stance. she does not speak, does little to mark herself as worthy of attention, and merely waits in the shadow of the man at her side. 

she wonders why the other wolfdog does not grovel, or seek to affirm her place at the bottom of the hierarchy. stupid. gaze travels from her to rest on the leading duo, settling somewhere near their paws.
29 Posts
Ooc — Romulus
It had been a long time since Thorleif felt this well traveled.  He sat down and used a leg to scratch his neck in contemplation.  He liked this new area.  The smells and sights were a wonder to him.  And he could smell... deer?  He remembered a word, a term.  A game trail.  Like certain spots in rivers where fish tended to propogate.  Only this time for other animals.  There must be a game trail nearby, he thought.  Despite his tiredness, he grinned.  This place was going to be full of new experiences.  New things to see and do.
☽ Nosferatu ☾
226 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
The nosferatu was still adjusting to a more diurnal existence. It was in the early morning, when he would typically just be settling in to sleep. He drifted near the back, traveling mindlessly and at a drowsily slow pace. At some point, however, the group had stopped. It took him a moment to register this, but Corvus gladly came to a halt once he did, sliding into a sitting position.

Tired, smoldered eyes gave the place a halfhearted glance-over. It looked fine; it smelled fine. He wasn't picky, especially not in his current state of mind. He saw Grezig out of his peripherals, who'd already begun to drift off. Finding this to be good enough a sign as any that he'd be permitted to sleep, Corvus slunk off to find a secluded place to rest without a word. A bush with a bare underside called to him, and he curled up beneath it, mind quickly sinking into unconsciousness like a stone in water.
I cannot be killed by dogs. It takes a man to kill a monster.

Romanian | English
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
left this open til today so others could reply but the next round is overdue so here it is

Liri's eyes flitted to the others as they followed behind, some breaking off to settle on the ground and sleep. The healer couldn't blame them - it had been a long trek, and a tiring one. Her attention was redrawn to Kavik; even if she was exhausted, she had responsibilities to take care of. 

"I'm gonna go explore some before we make any decisions," she smiled, happy to see that Kavik liked the plateau at least. She wanted to make sure there really weren't any bears or other large predators, not to mention other packs of wolves, nearby.

She waited until Kavik had responded and then padded into the nearby woods to examine the territory.
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Short-ass post.

Grezig was still asleep and so was not aware of anything around her. She did not notice Corvus laying down to sleep, nor Liri wandering off deeper into the territory. She had strange half-dreams of running in place and never getting anywhere—perhaps caused by the group having taken so long to find a place to call home. In her sleep, her legs twitched a bit, but that was the only indication that she was dreaming at all.
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Kavik nodded at Liri's words and watched her walk away. When she was out of sight, he turned back the group; he decided he would stay here and keep an eye on everyone while his mate went to explore the area. Many in the group found places to rest, including Grezig, who appeared to be asleep. All the traveling had been hard on everyone, and he didn't blame the pack for wanting to take this opportunity to rest. As the others settled around him, Kavik scanned the area, his emerald gaze tracking the slightest movement. He was tired, as well, but too on edge to really rest, so he would just keep watch while everyone else took advantage of the downtime.
I'm no good without you