Blackfeather Woods and he spent a long time watching from his lonely wooden tower
1,293 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Tactician
Seer

For a long while Mou didn't partake in the conversation; he was fuming, boring holes in to the side of Relmyna's head as she made her otherwise silent comments, and then when Maegi began to speak her piece he found himself floundering. He looks to his friend and the ire that once held firm in his features has evaporated; his heart hurts, hearing her defend him — and then to witness what came next, as the silence was suddenly cut short by the interruption of Winterbane's voice; he speaks up after a plan is set in place, and what he says is jarring. More than that—Mou feels his blood run cold in his veins.

Mou attacked their Alpha,
—killed her cubs—
drown him——into the ocean,

While the tundrian spoke Mou staggered back, collapsing to his haunches, to his belly, hearing everything but not believing it. Not remembering it. His eyes were watering at the mention of cubs—and then when he mentions the sea, he feels the familiar-but-distant memory of the tide sucking at his body, wanting to drive it in to the void. He shakes his head, teeth grit in a determined frown as he refuses all these claims—but he knows he cannot, he knows, somehow, that there must be truth there.

Sh, sh, shhh... She, she call m-me Screeh, he managed, unable to stop the waterworks as he's overcome by images of a black wolf with her children—but its Seelie and her small ones, and the thought of anything happening to anyone's kids has him wanting to vomit. I, I noh... I am nodd Screeh, I deeden do et.

But at this point, did it matter? The captive was here; the Redhawks would be looking for her. She knew him from somewhere, had reasons to hate him, and thus they'd want him dead too. He was the biggest threat to the forest, not her.

In realizing this, accepting it, a calm began to descend across Mou—he levels his leaking eyes at Relmyna and states, Mou go. Trade Mou, an.. An stay save. I... I can'd let you go if I can hell. I fiss, I fiss it.

He's trembling; but he looks away from Relmyna for only a second and stares at the captive, pitiful and filled with regret, and he remarks to her: Pees, if Mou go, you... You not tell any 'boud Bleckfedda? He can see Maegi in the corner of his eye but he can't look at her, can't dare, because maybe it'll be the last time he gets to see her.

Messages In This Thread
RE: and he spent a long time watching from his lonely wooden tower - by Titmouse (Ghost) - October 18, 2018, 04:51 PM