Jade Fern Grove i am a poet and I’m a little nervous but I can’t show it
8 Posts
Ooc — Zoa
All Welcome 
@Alarian but AW come meet Kechik!

Kechik found himself in a lush green forest becoming brown, an ugly thing in his opinion. Trees should not be brown, and have no leaves. The ground should no be crunchy when he stepped on it. And most importantly, all his favorite foods should definitely not go into hibernation. What was he supposed to eat if everything he ate was asleep? Keshie had a disappointed look on his face as he wandered through the area, saddened by the coming of autumn.

It was about midday when the sun maned coywolf decided to stop and find somewhere to rest. His lanky body was tired and aching, he wondered if his counterpart Chara was doing any better. He missed his brother sorely, and still wondered why Chara had chosen to separate. He wished sorely for company now, as he found a sunny patch at the roots of a tree, and sat down on his butt.
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
He spends about half his time outside the borders, typically hunting; Easthollow is lovely, but his bones are restless after so long confined to his role at the Sanctuary. He needs this, in a way. And the grove has always been one of his favorite haunts — even as the weather chills, it remains quite beautiful. And more importantly, full of prey.
It's not a prey scent that catches his attention today, though. It's the scent of another wolf — a stranger. He figures the last few times he's approached a stranger, it hasn't gone too terribly — and he's feeling a little more social than usual today, so why not? Practice makes perfect (he hopes). He follows the scent until he catches sight of the other wolf, a slim golden boy, and he's reminded of —
No. Nope. Not going there. He stops abruptly and chuffs, tail swishing behind him. Even if the sight of the boy reminds him of too many things from the past that he'd rather forget, he's cute, and definitely not anyone Alarian knows. That's good enough for him.
8 Posts
Ooc — Zoa
Kechik turned his head quickly when he heard a chuff, snowy colored eyes wide with surprise. He was so easily frightened, and upon seeing the other male he scrambled to his feet and ducked his head. He examined the posture of the other for a moment, realized he was boasting a friendly stature, and slowly let himself relax and his long tail swing behind him. He offered the other a friendly smile, his head still tucked just a little. Bashfully he said, Sorry, you surprised me. I’m Kechik, with flick of his ears.
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
The incredibly pale blue of the stranger's gaze catches his attention, almost familiar in an aching way. At first he doesn't even register that he's managed to startle the poor boy — but it hits him after a moment, when the shock wears off, and immediately he feels a little bad.
It's alright, He assures the other, relieved that he seems to recover quickly. I should probably be the one apologizing. I'm Alarian — are you um, from around here? He feels lame, but he doesn't know what else to say; normally he'd know exactly what he wants with a cute boy. But for once, his thoughts couldn't be further away from that.
8 Posts
Ooc — Zoa
Keshie gives Alarian an awkward little tilt of his head, then shakes it no. It definitely wasn’t Alarian’s fault, he’d done what most would do as a greeting. Kechik was just nervous all the time, the world was much more dangerous out on his own, and he’d learned from his mom that the best way to stay safe was to be cautious. Kechik was a mixture of caution and curiosity that often made for sticky situations, so he’d learned to just be ready to run and or submit pretty quickly.

The sandy tan coywolf replied, No I’m from the south. A valley with lots of wheat and stuff. Where’re you from? he said with a friendly smile, and a glint of interest in his pale eyes.
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
Now that he has most of his wits about him again, he takes a better look at Kechik; it'd been easy to miss at first glance, but he realizes there's something different about him. Not entirely wolf. The south, he says, and Alarian wonders if that's significant somehow to his mixed blood; is it more common there? He almost wants to ask, but it seems rude.
I'm from a valley too, He tells him, offering a slight smile. No wheat, though. Pretty far east. But — I live in a pack over that way, now, not too far from here. Easthollow. He gestures toward Stone Circle, the barest hint of pride to his tone — it's an odd feeling, one he hasn't quite processed yet, but it's sort of nice.
8 Posts
Ooc — Zoa
Kechik listened with polite attentiveness as Alarian spoke of where he came from. He glanced towards the area where the grey topped male had gestured, wondering what it was like there. Kechik had never been part of a pack. It seemed scary. Would they accept him? Only being half wolf, sort of small and not very good at fighting? He was a great tracker and hunter of small animals, but that was about his only useful skill. He often thought about attempting to find a pack, but when it came down to it he just didn’t know enough to feel comfortable in trying.

Maybe now was the time to find information! Alarian seemed nice and hot and willing to give information. The boy shifted closer to the other male with a shuffle of his big floppy paws. What’s Easthollow like? he asked, his tail wagging eagerly behind him.
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
His ears flush a little when Kechik moves closer to him, but he pushes the feeling away quickly, instead focusing on his question. It seems promising that he's interested in Easthollow — surely Valette would appreciate another able body within the pack? Though, he's certainly aware most packs aren't like the Sanctuary, and he's not even sure of the source of the other's interest yet. For all he knows, the dude is a thief or a kidnapper or something. He doesn't really get that vibe, though.
I haven't been part of the pack very long, but I think it's really nice, He admits, deciding that's a safe amount of information to give. They've been welcoming — especially the leader, Valette. He's still not really sure how to do this whole recruitment thing (or if it's a good idea at all), but he thinks maybe it's worth a shot, so he asks: So, um... are you headed anywhere specific?
8 Posts
Ooc — Zoa
Nice, welcoming- these were the things Kechik wanted. He realized in this moment how much he missed his family, his mom and dad and his brother. Maybe it was time he stopped this whole adventure thing and went somewhere safe and surrounded by others. He knew for a fact that it’d be intimidating at first, but he could make it work! Plus, packs probably had more food. Mmm food.

Kechik shook his head to Alarian’s question, then said with a smile, Nope, I’m just goin! But umm, maybe I could come with you? To Easthollow? He realized that may have sounded a bit dumb, then tried again with a blush under his fur, cause I’ve never been in a pack before, so I thought it might be a good idea to join one and yours sounds pretty nice, he explained. Hopefully that sounded better. Come on Keshie just speak words and don’t sound dumb, he thought to himself.
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
Apparently, recruiting is a lot easier than he'd imagined it — or maybe he's just charming like that? Ha. It's a nice thought, but Keshik's phrasing makes him think he'd already been searching for somewhere to settle down. Not that Alarian can blame him; he'd been doing the same thing in a much more infuriating sort of way, shopping around for a pack more casually than he and Korei could really have afforded. And somehow, he'd gotten lucky — same as this kid, maybe. If Valette likes him.
I can take you to Easthollow, He says, offering a smile; it's rare that the expression doesn't feel artificial or tired or sarcastic on him lately, and it feels a little strange now. Whether you can stay is up to Valette, though. I think she's looking for loyal members more than anything. But, um — I'm sure she'll like you. He likes him well enough, anyway, and he's starting to think there is a downside to having left the Sanctuary — he doesn't quite have the authority to decide to keep cute guys around anymore.
8 Posts
Ooc — Zoa
Kechik maybe had been rushed with his decision. He met Alarian mere minutes ago and already he was hoping to join his pack. But honestly, any pack he chose he would be amongst strangers. At least this way he’d have an acquaintance. His crystal gaze widened and his tail began to wag when Alarian offered to take him. Really?! Thanks so much! I appreciate it, he said with his usual abundance of sincerity. He started to walk closer to Alarian, with more confidence in his bouncy step. 

He paused when a thought popped into his head, what if this Valette didn’t like coywolves? Some he met had been pretty rude to guys like him, he wanted to avoid a conflict like that as best he could. They won’t mind that I’m half- coyote right, that’s not a thing? he asked, sort of reluctant to share this fact. He especially didn’t want Alarian to turn on him, not when he’d already decided that Alarian was hot and kind.
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
The golden boy moves even closer, bursting with gratitude, and he tenses for a moment. He's quick to control the reaction, though, and the only sign that anything is wrong is a quick glance toward the forest floor. His gaze returns to Kechik with his next words — half coyote, huh? That's... kinda hot. But — he's asking him a question. Right.
Um, I'm not sure... He frowns slightly, a touch concerned now. But he's half wolf too, so that has to mean something, right? Ugh. He's not sure he can stand the idea of taking a cute guy to the borders only to see him turned away. They're pretty nice, and you seem like a good guy — so I don't think it will be a problem. He hopes.
8 Posts
Ooc — Zoa
Kechik pursed his lips when he was offered uncertainty. He hated uncertainty, it was frustrating and scary and always lead to trouble. And yet subconsciously he loved it, for it lead to the adventures that he so craved. He’d stick to the, “they’re nice, it won’t be a problem” thing for now, and if things changed later he was a great runner.

That’s good enough I guess, he said with a hopeful half smile, shuffling his feet anxiously.
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
He reaches out to nudge the other's shoulder gently if the touch is allowed, expression slightly apologetic. I'm sure it'll be fine, He assures him, then gestures toward Easthollow, tail swishing. Ready, then? As soon as he receives confirmation, he'll lead Kechik to Stone Circle — and hopefully, Valette will like him. Otherwise this is going to be really awkward.