Stone Circle Twinkle Twinkle
Daisies, daisies perched upon her forehead
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
All Welcome 
The stars. It seemed as if they were blinking. Up in the dark sky, twinkling, as if...saying something. She just could not hear them, but she could see them. She always saw them. In her sleep, in her daydreaming, in the night. The stars were her life. It was all Korei knew, the stars. All that kept her company in the dark of midnight. 

Korei was sitting in a clearing where she could get a good view of the sky. The stars she held most dear, hanging up above.
lift me higher, let me look at the sun
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Hope you don't mind!
Usually by the end of a day filled with hard work, the female would find herself worn out and retire for the night, but something was different this time. Ira's mind was clouded with thoughts to the point where her paws ached for movement. Golden eyes slowly opened and adjusted to the lack of sunlight before she pushed herself to her feet for a short walk. Perhaps a quick trip out would clear her mind.

Ira paid no mind to her paws as they led her on an undetermined course until a shadowy figure came into view. The last thing she expected was to run into one of her fellow packmates, but maybe this is what the female needed. As the stone wolf approached she noticed it was one of the newcomers who had recently joined Easthollow. The white wolf seemed to have her gaze fixed above, her own eyes following the path of the other girl's. Have you found something? She quickly realized that her comment might startle the other wolf with her sudden appearance, but hoped that was not the case.
#DAA520 , pawprintIra's Playlist  3/20*, * = incomplete threads
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Her ear flicked as she heard someone say something and immediately turned to look at them, only for her expression of sudden shock to calm and shift into a smile. Korei then looked back up, sighing. "Just the stars...I like to look up at them all time. They keep me company at night" she said, smiling at the stars. How they twinkled. As if they were blinking down at her, looking back at her. It made her feel like she was not alone.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Ira seemed to grunt in response, her stare now on the other wolf. And you would rather find company in something so far away than the people who surround you? Her voice showed no malice, more so confusion. How could small lights provide company? It's not like they could say anything or support the wolf.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
That was something she had never been asked. In all her time, speaking of the stars always being her company. It most likely had to do with her past, having been pushed aside for so much, for so long. "I...um..." She couldn't find an answer to this. And shied her face away for a moment. "I don't know..."
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The golden stare lingered even after the other turned away, but eventually, she would lift her head back to the flickering lights above. You do not need to answer that, it was more so for my own curiosity. I think it is normal for us to find comfort in nature somewhere. I use to find mine in the mountains... Ira let her paw drag across the ground before deciding to take a seat by her packmate, although there was a small distance between them.

What brought you to Easthollow? She could sense the shyness coming from the white wolf and allowed the blanket of darkness to mask them and perhaps provide some cover as her own eyes remained on the sky. Perhaps it was a cover for herself as well. 
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei sighed, half out of relief and half out of shame that she had already gotten too nervous. "Mountains..." It was more a murmur, rather than anything. She recalled the mountain she was born on, and for a moment her gaze grew distant. Until the other spoke again.

"Oh...I, um, I travelled here with...with a friend" Korei answered, a bit hesitant. "What's your name, might I ask?" she asked to the other.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The stone wolf breathed out, her breath showing as a slow vapor stream from the cold before. One ear flicked towards the white wolf as she was addressed, I go by Ira. And you? She didn't mind the short answer she received, in fact, it was probably welcomed opposed to some long life story.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei looked to see the steam of the other's breath, and watching it disappear into the air. "Korei" she murmured quietly, eyes glied to where the vapor breath had been last. Then finally, she decided to look upon Ira instead of the stars, at least giving them the attention she gave her. "So, what are you doing...at this time, doing up?"
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Ira seemed to murmur to herself, but if the other listened closely she might make out her complimenting Korei on a pretty name. A cold breeze seemed to ruffle her fur wind whipping at her as the longer locks of fur around her neck and cheeks drifted out from the wind. I felt restless so I decided to take a small walk. When the breeze past she let golden orbs flick open again to the sky. It's a nice night. I don't usually look to the sky, but it can be pretty when the sky is clear.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei hadn't paid enough close attention to fully hear what Ira murmured, but she smiled nonetheless. "Restless...can't get to sleep?" she asked to the other wolf. And then when Ira spoke of the clear sky, that she nodded to in agreement. It was a beautiful sky above. "It is...it's just beautiful up there."
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Yes, my paws itched for movement so I thought I'd try tiring myself out. Truth be told she was tired and likely fighting off a yawn, but what she said was true. Her body was ready to rest but not her mind. She listened as Korei gave a follow-up compliment to the stars above. Part of her wondered if she should ask about her connection to the stars. She didn't really understand it, but perhaps they were like the stones to Valette. On the other hand, she did seem to shy away from her previous questions. Deciding to play it safe Ira just remained silent unless the white wolf prompted her.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei giggled lightly now, at this. Even if the other was tired, and wanted to tire themselves out it just sounded funny how Ira put it. "So...so you came out here and now you're talking to me?" She felt comfortable now, wagging her tail a bit where she was sitting. It would almost seem like a mood shift, but that tended to happen when Korei got comfortable. "My talking isn't that tiring, is it?"
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The female snorted either out of embarrassment or amusement, although due to her stone features it was hard to tell. However, she was silently thankful for her fur hiding the heat rising to her cheeks. No no, your conversations are more than welcome right now. Talking to someone was not really in my plans for tonight, but I suppose I'll have the chance to catch up on some sleep later.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei kept the smile on, she was in a much more cheerful attitude now. Then, she sighed. Sleeping had been hard for her lately. "Wish I could get some more sleep...new place, new faces. It's...this is the second time, now" she said. The second time she had just run away from it all.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The stone wolf's eyes flickered over to her packmate, a blank expression worn but with something soft about it. She could ask about where she was originally from, but based on previous answers, she assumed that was a sore topic. Mmm...I get it. Or at least a little. I left my home ages ago in pursuit of something else. It can be tough to leave everything you know. Or at least thought you knew. She could only give a small huff at the thought. I'm sure you and your friends will settle in eventually. At least you have each other.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei looked back to Ira for another moment, observing her face. "I left mine in...well, it wasn't good times" she made a nervous laugh. No, it had not been good terms at all. What those terms were, she rathered to keep those to herself. "Alarian has my back. And I have his. Outlander...well he seems okay, we met him on the way."
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
I see... Her ear flicked back as she took a moment to think, Why did Outlander join you two? Ira wouldn't press for details, she didn't need to hear them anyways. Sometimes people just don't want to talk about their past and she holds no judgment to those that feel that way. She had no interest in talking about hers anyways and her probing would lead to questions aimed at her.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei Julia paused, her tail stilling for a moment. And that made her think for a while. "I...I uh...I can't say I remember" she murmured. Why had Outlander joined them? All she knew was that Alarian had found him, was caring for him and Korei had been helping. But Korei barely knew him.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The mountain wolf tilted her head slightly as she lowered her gaze. I suppose it is like that sometimes. Sometimes there is no reason as well. A shiver ran through her body reminding her of the cold caused by the late hours. Ira moved back to her paws and stretched. I suppose I should try resting again, I shall leave you to your star gazing. Thank you for the late night chat, I hope you settle in to Easthollow soon. If you need assistance moving about the territory feel free to call. She would give a dip of her head and start her departure unless the white wolf had anything else to say before she left.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
"Thank you" she managed quietly. Ira had been kind to her, and already Korei felt comfortable with her. "I hope I do settle in, too" she murmured.

Korei Julia watched as the other wolf went, calling it a night. She gave a chuff back to them in goodbye, then sat there where she was while they went.