Blackfeather Woods i fear no evil; the shadow is mine and so is the valley
1,335 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Master Warrior
she does. wintersbane responds. and i do. he assures her a bit more curtly than he intends. he is not overly keen on receiving advice that he doesn't need and didn't ask for. it settles wrong amidst the tundrian's breast. he categorizes advice he doesn't ask for with superiority and as he is the higher ranking wolf here that also doesn't sit well with him. for a while, he'd been able to curb the worst of his dominance. he'd climbed the ranks of Blackfeather quickly but hadn't paid it much heed until ...well, he had. perhaps, he thinks, he is making something there that isn't. he hopes that is the case. he studies her again, more mindful of her body language in the hopes that he is just being tired and it's making him more prone to being annoyed.

her next question does nothing to quell his annoyance and he feels his hackles bristle ever so slightly. he is the higher ranking wolf and he owes her no explanation. a foot soldier doesn't question a commander. wintersbane pushes himself to his paws and moves towards her with the regality and lethality of a lion. are you asking me or accusing me? he demands, lips curling back to reveal his teeth. do you patrol? if you did, you would surely smell me on the borders. i am there more often than not these days. were you present while we had the prisoner? if you were, you'd have noticed me guarding her prison as the listener told me to. have you met the newest of our ranks yet? i recruited her. i've been fulfilling quests, earning my title as initiate into the dark brotherhood.

wintersbane's tongue swipes across his jowls as he stares her down. you don't have to worry about what i do. he tells her bluntly, transparently unappreciative of the feeling that he's being scrutinized by one of their lower ranking wolves. if he wasn't pulling his fair share and then some he would not have made it to where he is in the ranks.

345 words
Messages In This Thread