Moonspear old growth fortress
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
All Welcome 
She had gone up the mountain earlier in the day, driven like usual by a silent compulsion to press for the limits. When the morning's snow flurries began to give way enough to let a low, misty fog roll in, she started to get suspicious. There was a familiar charge on the wind.. she thought. Subtle, but too faraway for her to really get a good grasp on, yet entirely all too distinct. A storm? Maybe.

She was all but certain. When none knew them better than her. Her skin could prickle at the mere thought, electric, coursing, and alive.

When the elevations granted her the clear-enough view she wanted here on the edge of a small meadow, the matron immediately pointed her accusing glare towards the coastline's horizon—right at the depths of the gray, brewing, skies. They were awfully distant still.. but unusual enough for the wintertime to keep her interested. She wondered what sort of power they could kick up here in the cold, and what the coastline would have to weather thanks to this if any of her suspicions became fully formed.

No matter to her here, especially not at the moment. For the present, she had time to kill. She picked a minor slab of outcropping she found next along her pathway and took up a roost as silent watch from there. A good enough view, she'd keep it, and once she settled in, some hint of some scent made her think of her sons, somehow.

Ame didn't raise a call for anyone, but she was thinking of them.
figured she warranted a new thread for her 2k <3 
[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
so lay your hands across
my beating heart, love
938 Posts
Ooc — Rhys
Ranger
He too took to the higher climes once again, though there was no particular reason for it. Dirge didn't mind the mountains; he had grown up with them as a steady backdrop, had climbed his fair share of them within reason. As much as he would have liked to try and touch the higher tip of Moonspear itself, it was impossible. Or near impossible—he had never found a pathway that seemed reliable or steady enough to carry him safely there, and he was far from the mountain goat sort. So he was forced to go where he could, once more immersing himself with old haunts and perhaps this time trying to suss out a new locale or two that he had bypassed the time before.

These sort of outings brought their own troubles too, seeing how the weather was keen to change at the drop of a hat. Such was winter and at least the mountain had the advantage of seeing such things coming... at least most of the time. But it was not the change of the weather that had drawn him up there so much as it was to resume a long term study of the lands below, as though by now there still remained some territory he hadn't at least crossed through intimately once, or that there would be a perfect slot again to take sight of a herd making their migratory trek to safety.

Instead of one or the other there for him to find, he found Amekaze lounging just over the next rise. Though to reiterate that he was no mountain goat, he had not taken the steady path up by many means; it was a scrabbling, loose stone that would more than likely announce him as he had hopped up to the snowy ridge that currently housed her, and the darkening horizon beyond her. Trails were overrated; he had only taken one that didn't quite agree with the incline.

”I hope that storm stays out to sea,” he commented with his slow approach, ”I'm already tired of the snow.” His gaze wandered back to her then, his steps halting where he was. ”You seem well.” Perhaps this year had been better than the last when they had all thrown in together, but from the snippets that Hydra had shared here and there, it was questionable at best.

feel free to shoo me if you don't want to have another thread with this loser
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
She listened, and she watched, measuring her breaths as she skimmed her sights across what she could reach. While contemplation might have darkened her features, she couldn't complain, and found herself very within her element.

Dirge's arrival, though she didn't pin it as him immediately, grounded her focus and pulled her back from those distant, faraway horizons. First it had just been worth a switch of an ear.. but soon, the rest of him materialized from the peace and the solitude as he worked his way upward, towards her. Ame fixed him with a curious, but interested enough, sort of look. He had returned, and while her suspiscions were free to do as they pleased, he was a fascinating return—although it brought questions with it, too.

Hope so too.. still awfully early to say one way or another, though. she remarked, nose flicking off that way and breathing deep yet again. As for more snow? I can agree. It started coming on early, so I can be done with it early, too.. she smirked, never a fan of the snows accumulating freely everywhere anyway. It was one thing to keep it to the peaks where she could visit it, another to bury the flatlands even. But a wet winter following a wet summer? Likely enough, Amekaze sighed, although she didn't like it. They were due for a snowy winter. She had seen them get rather impressive here, with snow drifts so deep they'd lose a deer, and the last two winters had been.. relatively without major depth (or incident) here on the mountain, weather-wise.

As for her? Well was a start. She didn't remark on that right away, opting for a head tilt and a squint: oh? I am, she answered, vague, with a small nod. She couldn't decide what to make of his reappearance, exactly, but keeping on her good graces was a good start as any, she supposed.
[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
so lay your hands across
my beating heart, love
938 Posts
Ooc — Rhys
Ranger
A wet winter would prove to be more annoying than he let on. While he too was no stranger to snows that provided tiresome depths, he had his fair share of easy seasons here and there. Summer by far was not as warm here as where his origins began, but here the seasons were pronounced and heralded. Even now the skies drew attention to such change, at least for those aware enough to pay attention in the first place.

Dirge reclined to his haunches as he surveyed past her to where stone and wood alike melded with sky, though his gaze did not wander far. "We have that in common—of wanting the snows to be over and done with. The first dusting has a certain charm I suppose, but any more than that and the heaps are a hindrance. Not too much a fan of the damp either, but who likes a chill in their bones?" No wolf that he knew of, though there was no question some were better suited for it.