Deepwood Weald all in the family
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Private 
Grezig led @Dirge back to the Weald for now, not wanting to run into the angry mob she’d found in Neverwinter a few days before. He hadn’t said much on their way back, which was fine with her. She was just glad he was here with her. It boosted their numbers, if only a little. She called for @Siege and @Laroche to come and meet her brother. Besides, it was time to talk about what they were going to do about the group in Neverwinter. Would they try to take it, still—or settle here?
Tha gràin agam air an t-saoghal
Health (100/100)
725 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Therapist
Warrior

He followed his sister, happy to be of assistance to her creations. Lost in his thoughts, he wondered why his other sister had too come. Did she have the same idea as him, to follow Grezig? No, she left apparently.
Despite being lost in his thoughts, he took in his surroundings and noted the landmarks. The forest, the half beaten field, and the short patch of mountains. A strange place to be positioned, but what was he to argue against nature?

He wondered who Grezig was calling for, but he supposed they must be of the pack. He waited patiently by her shoulder, ready for what was to come. He was always ready; perhaps he should pursue a guardian trade instead of trying to advise. No matter, he'd see what would become.

133 words
|  •  •  |
109 Posts
Ooc —
He had to confess he was relieved to finally have found Grezig again. After the run in with the brutish man from Neverwinter Forest he decided it best to hunt her down which unfortunately had ended up taking longer than expected. Fortunately it didn't take forever and here he was at her beckon call...like now. At the howl he stood from where he had been resting and limped his way on over. The wound from where that man had bit his leg wasn't quite healing properly though it wasn't infected....yet. Each time he placed his paw down and set weight upon his leg it ached which was concerning. 

When he arrived he first eyed the man by her side holding his gaze there for a moment before he gave a quick but polite nod and moved his gaze to Grezig "What's going on?" he asked curously, shifting his weight off his bad leg.
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Going to forward date this to now-ish and have this be the thread where Grezig tells them that she’s giving up on the pack. It’s been fun, guys!

Grezig took a deep breath when Laroche showed up. Now to tell him—and her brother—that she was basically giving up on the pack. This would not be fun, but she could not keep dragging them around in the hopes of gaining new members. It clearly wasn’t working out, and now it was winter proper, and freezing. They needed to find a pack to join—a pack that was already formed—so that they could survive winter. Much as she hated to do it, she knew there was nothing else for it but to call it quits for now.

She dipped her head in greeting to Laroche and then began. “Look, I think we should give up on the pack for now.” She explained all that she had been thinking—about survival through the winter and how there weren’t enough members—and then looked between Laroche and her brother. “You may do whatever you like. Personally, I will be traveling the coast. I need to find a… a few particular wolves I know.” Grezig did not really want to divulge that she had an adopted son. It was a personal topic for her. 

“I am sorry for leading you along and then failing. But I think giving up is for the best.” She bowed her head again, this time in shame and sorrow, and waited for their responses.
109 Posts
Ooc —
He kept silent as she made the announcement and then explained her reasons, all that made sense to him though he did feel slightly annoyed that he had wasted so much time finding her instead of finding a place to settle. Keeping a hold of his temper he gave a small nod "I appreciate being told before having to wait too long.  I'll be off then" he said and stood, turning and starting to leave before something occurred to him "It'd be best to avoid those wolves who took the forest. One of their thugs attacked me and I left him unconscious on the coast. Anyway...it was nice meeting you" he gave the warning casually like it was no skin off his back, not his problem which now that the pack wasn't a thing it definitely wasn't his problem any longer. He walked off, beginning to formulate plans in his mind.
Tha gràin agam air an t-saoghal
Health (100/100)
725 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Therapist
Warrior

He watched a man limp towards them. He must be one on the ones Grezig called. He softly waved his tail in greeting, know he had to start with a good impression. He tilted an ear to his sister whilst keeping his eyes trained on his pack mate, studying the wound on his leg.

we should give up

He turned his head to look at Grezig, question in his eyes. What? Give up? His lips parted, wondering if he should question her thoughts. He held his tongue for a bit longer, listening to her explanation. She was right, though, summer would be better. He sighed softly and gently touched his muzzle to her shoulder, showing his support. He knew this would be hard for her.

He watched the grey man leave with a disgruntled air. If he really supported the pack why would he leave so readily?
The thought didn't sit well with Derg. He realised his sister may not have everyone's support. He needed to look out for her. He gave his sister a kind smile before inclining his head, "To the coast."
He wasn't about to chase after the other, nor would Grezig. Probably. He was curious about the coastal wolves she knew of, so he went with her.

​​214 words

|  •  •  |