Dragoncrest Cliffs I'll be dancing until 1972
fire queen
271 Posts
Ooc — Kara
All Welcome 
set during the same time as this thread

The disappearance of Drageda's resident Fisa came as a rude awakening for the aspiring medic, for she was unprepared to try and take up the mantle as the new go-to-healer. In truth she was gifted and confident enough to handle the responsibilities that came with the title but it just had to be now when Portia decided to abandon them. She had left them while on the brink of war and unless one of the new recruits had medical knowledge, that left the russet kru alone to tend to any wounds there might be after the battle.

The first call that went up never quite reached Rose, at least not completely. She could tell it was urgent but where and who it had come from were lost to her. It was probably for the better, for had she heard the details all logic would have likely been tossed out the window.

Heda's call was more fortunate in finding itself through the howling wind and reaching the kru's ears. And despite what many would have done, Rose did not bolt off in that direction and rush headstrong into the fray. Instead, she pulled herself together as much as she could given the insecurities running through her mind and her terror of storms, and darted off to the nearest stash of herbs she had tucked away. If she was going to be of any use to Drageda she needed to prepare for the worst, because from the sound of it, it was going to be a blood battle.
i'm the architect of my own destruction
wearing my dream like a diadem in some better land.
1,195 Posts
Ooc —
Master Ranger
Tactician
The brana was relieved, in some worn, wearied way, that she was not the only one to evade heda’s call. From where she had perched on the cliff some time ago, acting as a snowy sentinel, the minute she-wolf had seen one of the Sounds’ own riddled to shreds. She was trying to not think about it. The bravery of it. The foolishness, the male who’d done it.

In her first week here, war had disrupted the quiet of her being; had charged like a tempest into her mind. Her musings over whether or not to commit to kru had, admittedly, come with it. It was no fault of theirs, in her mind; and yet, she’d barely gotten a wink of repose at all these past few harrowing days.

If she was being truly honest, aside from her own measly skirmishes... she’d never experienced war, save for tale and time that’d been crooned to her as a babe. She was coming to know, however, that it drew her in when she did not want it; eroded at her cosmos-longing mind like Drageda’s sea at stone. And she knew, then, after that bloody battle on the shores, that she was petrified.

For the first time in months, in years, she had never felt so small. So utterly helpless, without and inkling of what to do. Would she even last into the second week?

And she was restless. So, so strained and restless.

So she made herself veer in the direction of wherver the healers’ cove, letting bits of what’d she’d heard from idle talk lead her slight paws; taking care to keep herself fleeting and coveted from possible enemy eyes.
fire queen
271 Posts
Ooc — Kara
For better or worse the medic's mind zeroed in on the urgency to reach her stores above all else, leaving the paranoia of the storm to brew in the back of her head for the time being. That wasn't to say however that the anxiety had left her system entirely, for in truth it had done quite the opposite really.

In the faltering light ever fiber of her being shouted for her to reach the cover of safety, to hide away until this nightmare was over. She was not a warrior. Hell she barely even qualified to defend herself, so how exactly was she supposed to defend her pack mates and the cliffside? And what happens if she doesn't have enough supplies to aid the wounded or someone dies.

Her thoughts continue to plague her mind until a flash of starlight in the distance caused her heart to beat louder than the worries in her head. The lack of light and logic made it nearly impossible to decipher friend from foe and despite the gut feeling telling her to bolt in the opposite direction, Rose knew she couldn't just let an intruder roam any further into the territory. So with fear gripping her heart the russet woman directed herself to intercept the pale figure and prayed to any God that may be listening to let her live to see another day.
1,195 Posts
Ooc —
Master Ranger
Tactician
Aure hadn’t considered the fact that her appearance might be an unwelcome one, especially in this case; but she forged on tirelessly, and tasted iron in the air as lightning lashed. It lit up the world, and her, as if the very heart of heaven had been cleaved like a shell, and the oyster within was the commencing herald of hellish warfare. For a moment, everything was awash in blinding yellows and whites, and her ears were numbed to the crackling, singing wail of the bolt that struck the seas.

In that moment, too, she’d found who she’d hoped was the healer; a harried concoction of smoldering reds and oranges, eyes lit blue and kindling. She saw her own apprehension boring back into her, but the brana hoped that Drageda’s scent broke off of her own pelt in waves instead of her fear.

For good measure, as lightning guttered, she flourished her feathery tail in greeting as well as announcing herself as packmate. At least, she hoped such, for she’d never seen this healer before until now. Thoughtless, and wanting to leave Hougeda’s lake behind, she came closer as the first words were pulled from her of their own accord, “I want to help. Gods know I will not be any use in ze maiming.”
fire queen
271 Posts
Ooc — Kara
Rose was far too swept up in the adrenaline rush to notice the scent of Drageda woven in the pale woman's fur. Had not it not been for the words that broke her focus and halted her steps, she almost certainly would have collided with the brana at full force. Fortunately for both of them Rose managed to skid to a stop before making any contact and, after confirming that the unfamiliar woman was indeed Drageda, quickly dropped all signs of hostility.

"What did you say?" she let out sharply after a few huffs, turning to get her first real look at the pale stranger. Rose could have swore she felt her heart skip a beat at the sight of her, but that was totally because she had just finished sprinting and not because Aure was like attractive or anything. Right? Right.
1,195 Posts
Ooc —
Master Ranger
Tactician
The opkepa’s inquiry was just as sharp as her halt had been, and also asked for repition. So Aure, believing opkepa hadn’t heard her due to the living wrath of the storm, lurched forward and spoke more clearly. ”I want to help you!” Had she any clue of her effect on everyone the she-wolf before her, she might’ve not lent so close.

Of course, she hadn’t the slightest inkling of it; her entire bearing bespoke unwitting. Her undersized, ivory frame fluffed up against the fitful breeze, she came closer, lowering her head to peer earnestly into the healer’s eyes. ”I have heard your names is Rose. What do you need help with?” Thin tail swished behind her, her own gaze full of trepidation and alacrity despite it all.
fire queen
271 Posts
Ooc — Kara
An array of colorful thoughts too cheesy to mention ran through the fiery woman's head when the pale beauty leaned closer, heart beating just a little louder than it was before. It took a great deal of effort to focus on the words that were said rather than the lips they fell from which, speaking of, happened to be perfect in every way.

"Oh" she let out, mind going blank as the brana took yet another step towards her. She very well might have melted under the woman's starlit gaze had a crackle of thunder not brought her back to her senses. "A stash of herbs is not far from here and I could use some help transporting them all."
1,195 Posts
Ooc —
Master Ranger
Tactician
A bold peal of ”Leave it to me, vindecătorul meu!” left the brana before Rose’s information had even finished completion. Somewhere between ’not far’ and ’transporting’, she’d already flurried past the smokey she-wolf, thin shoulders rounded to forge ahead—and then it was her turn to skid to a stop, needle claws sinking into mud.

”Ahm..”

Slowly, she rounded back to the opkepa, pleadingly looking up into Rose’s face, apologetic expression and all, as she dragged herself over to return. Eagerness continue to shiver throughout her pallid form, but she practically mewled, Vindecător, where exactly is ze cache?— I-I am fleet, I promise!” came her hurried, insistent addition.

To prove her point, she stamped snowshoe paws into loam and shook her neck out, snipping, ”I will get your herbs in no time at all! I will get them all! Nobody will stand in my way to return them to you!”

Skayona with the heart of a rauna, indeed.
fire queen
271 Posts
Ooc — Kara
Her mouth parted to reel the eager woman back to her side but no words seemed to materialize on her lips despite knowing what she wanted to say. Thankfully the brana came to a stop not a moment later and turned back around before Rose had to go chasing after her.

The opkepa had never met anyone so intent on helping her before that she found the pale woman's enthusiasm kind of flattering. "We should go together. It will be safer that way." There was truth in her words truly there was, but the reasoning behind them had less to do so with safety and more to do so with comfort. She did not fare well alone in storms and would rather remain in friendly company than go back off by herself, especially when said company happened to be nice to look at.
1,195 Posts
Ooc —
Master Ranger
Tactician
Having brought herself down a great notch, Aure finally registered the opkepa’s words, and tilted her head at the prospect of going together. Da, that does sound much more safer,” she eventually agreed. Deciding that because Rose had kind eyes and a driven disposition, the brana ended up trusting her.

Falling into step with her, Aure allowed Rose to lead the way. In the event that they survived this war, she would most certainly get to know her fellow Drakru—outsider or no. She would’ve even inquired how long she’d been practicing her purpose; but instead remained quiet and persevering, lest any soul from the Sound come to propose ill for them.
fire queen
271 Posts
Ooc — Kara
She gave a single, firm nod at the words before moving aside to lead the way towards her stash. Her ears swiveled atop her crown as she settled her pace to a light jog, head swinging from side to side every now and then to make sure they were not being followed.

She could not imagine what Drageda's gona were going through in that moment, but she knew there would be bloodshed and the thought made her stomach do flips. The most she could do was prepare for the worst but unlike before, she now how had an extra set of paws to aid her with a more favorable outcome.

The soft fall of footsteps just behind her filled the space between them and pulled her from her thoughts as the storm rumbled overhead. "It's just up ahead" she announced as the hollowed log came into view, muzzle motioning to where the herbs were stored.
1,195 Posts
Ooc —
Master Ranger
Tactician
She’d moved into a light sprint to keep up with Rose’s longer gait, head now up and arced to listen to her information. As the storm grumble about them in thunder, her attention, too, went to those of theirs against the Sound wolves. While they neared the hollowed store of herbs, she could only pray that their Drakru would survive the long night—Tux, Verx, heda, East, Easy, and all those others she hadn’t met yet.

The only thing she could do was to follow the healer, and wait for further instruction on the herbs first. ”What needs to be taken first?” She certainly didn’t want to retrieve them the wrong way, and mistakenly annihilate them with her fangs—it’d be catastrophe.