Blacktail Deer Plateau I'll shred 'em all and go with you
856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
Minori, Issun, and Takara had gone, and in their place a wild band of coyotes had appeared. This was certainly no coincidence; the coyotes could smell the weakening border. They knew that there were fewer Plateau wolves here to guard the stores, which had been placed and packed with a far larger pack in mind. The coyotes had been testing their limits lately, but Rue had never imagined this. She had been certain that the territory would be fine for a few hours while they hunted-- they had left @Covus behind after all, and Liri's scent still lingered by her den. 

Rue's eyes met Kavik's knowlingly as they came upon the first cache, and her heart dropped further and further into her stomach with each ransacked cache they found. Alessia peeled away, presumably to check on.. whatever it was she cared about. Kavik turned to Rue with a angry question, one that felt rhetorical but Rue answered anyway. "Numbers," she murmured, voice cracking with emotion. Sheer numbers, it had to have been. There must be a lot more coyotes here than they had originally thought, for the raiders to make such short work of all of their caches. All that was left behind were bones, furs and the obviously rotten pieces, tossed and strewn haphazardly about the territory--  the coyotes had not only decimated their livilhood, but had enjoyed themselves immensely while doing so. 

As it became clear that the coyotes had ventured deeply into their territory, Kavik became understandaly worried about Liri. He disappeared, and with him the last of Rue's bravery. Siqsa voiced his intention to stay with her, and gratitude filled her expression in the small moment before she buried her face in his scruff. She took a few steadying breaths, then lifted her head once more. "We should check the Door," Rue suggested, voice trembling as she fought off tears. The Door was at the heart of their territory-- if the coyote raiders had cleaned out the Door, then they were truly destitute.
Messages In This Thread
I'll shred 'em all and go with you - by RIP Kavik - December 26, 2018, 05:06 PM
RE: I'll shred 'em all and go with you - by Alessia - December 26, 2018, 06:06 PM
RE: I'll shred 'em all and go with you - by Siqsa - December 26, 2018, 06:18 PM
RE: I'll shred 'em all and go with you - by Ruenna - December 27, 2018, 08:33 AM
RE: I'll shred 'em all and go with you - by Siqsa - December 27, 2018, 09:50 AM
RE: I'll shred 'em all and go with you - by RIP Kavik - December 27, 2018, 11:20 AM
RE: I'll shred 'em all and go with you - by Ruenna - December 27, 2018, 10:25 PM
RE: I'll shred 'em all and go with you - by Siqsa - December 29, 2018, 08:04 AM
RE: I'll shred 'em all and go with you - by RIP Kavik - January 03, 2019, 06:48 PM
RE: I'll shred 'em all and go with you - by Ruenna - January 04, 2019, 12:52 PM
RE: I'll shred 'em all and go with you - by Siqsa - January 05, 2019, 11:12 AM
RE: I'll shred 'em all and go with you - by RIP Kavik - January 15, 2019, 04:08 PM