Swiftcurrent Creek a year from now we'll all be gone
856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
Private 
@Xynien For Alessia

It was not difficult to track down Myrren, as her constant retching left a trail detailing her every position. 

Myrren was still vomiting a lot, clearly. It was a bad time for Rue to leave. Rue didn't know if there were any other wolves in the Creek who knew anything about medicine, and if there were-- would they even offer any help to Myrren? Although Constantine and Soltero had been kind enough, the Creek subordinates (read: the Creek females) had been something less than entirely gracious and welcoming. It was an environment that was quickly turning toxic, if it wasn't already, and every self-preservation instinct Rue possessed was pressing her to get out now, while she had a good offer on the table. 

Rue had relatively few ties here in the Creek, but those she had were important to her... especially Myrren, who didn't really seem to have anyone else. Rue sorely wished that she could bring Myrren with her to Diaspora, but of course her pregnant state would bar her entry. Myrren had made her bed here and would now have to lie in it. Logically, Rue knew that it was not her responsbility to remain in a place where she felt unwanted and suffer for the mistakes of others, but even so her heart screamed that she was abandoning Myrren in the time that soon-to-be mother needed her most. 

"Myrren?" Rue called out quitely, eyes capturing a dark silhouette in the trees ahead.
dreamer trapped by your desire
272 Posts
Ooc —
❤ thank you for starting! just for reference, this thread would be the day of her return from her failed journey
Her return to the Creek had been reluctant, but ultimately had brought much relief; it seems her constant sickness only intensifies by the day, supplemented now by an ever-present sense of dizziness. She's already fallen in her own vomit more than she cares to admit — and has become very well-acquainted with the territory's namesake as a result. She's at least a little cleaner than usual when Ruenna finds her, a fact that she finds herself grateful for as the woman approaches. Ruenna, She calls back softly, taking several steps toward her as she peers through the trees. She closes the distance shortly, tail swaying slowly behind her. What's up?
"Common" | "French"
856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
Rue wagged her tail as Myrren stepped into sight, relieved to have found her. The soon-to-be mother was often in Rue's thoughts, and it had worried Rue that she had not been able to locate Myrren for the last [insert amount of time Alessia has been gone? xD]. Rue didn't know if she would have been able to leave the Creek without saying goodbye to Myrren. 

"I wanted to let you know that I.. I'm leaving the Creek," Rue imparted, eyes shimmering with her unspoken apology, her unspoken pain. "This place, it isn't right for me. And after all this with Kavik..." Rue shook her head and let her sentence trail off. "It's just too painful to remain here."

Rue moved forward, finding a (clean!) place behind Myrren's shoulder to press her muzzle. "I won't go far," she continued, "Just over to Arrow Lake. I meant what I said about wanting to get to know you." They might be in different packs, but that didn't mean that Rue couldn't continue to be Myrren's cheerleader. Their friendship would look different than what Rue-- and perhaps Myrren-- had wanted for it, but it certainly didn't have to end.
dreamer trapped by your desire
272 Posts
Ooc —
Ruenna's words are not what she expects, and she can't keep the surprise from her expression at first. Leaving? It doesn't make sense — until it does. Her heart lurches and drops into her stomach abruptly as the other woman explains, twisting painfully. Unaware of the drama Ruenna has faced with the members of the Creek, she doesn't realize the first reason given isn't simply an excuse to mask the latter. All she hears is after all this with Kavik...
— and she knows that she's driven away her only friend here. I understand, She says quietly, gaze dropping. Her eyes heat with tears predictably, infuriatingly, and her throat tightens with emotion. A million thoughts crush her at once, but she can't bring herself to voice any of them; part of her fears that if she speaks again, she will break entirely, and she does not want to taint Ruenna's new beginning with her tears and sorrow. Her burdens are her own, and she would not pretend the other woman has any obligation to her. She just can't help how alone she suddenly feels.
"Common" | "French"
856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
Rue's muzzle was still pressed against Myrren's shoulder, so she didn't see the woman's gathering tears. Her friend's quiet words elicited a long sigh from Rue, and she pulled Myrren closer, nuzzling her cheek through Myrren's ruff. "You're going to be okay," Rue assured her, not for the first time. "Kavik will care for you, and the pack will help you care for his children. And if you need me... I will not be far." A note of resolution edged into the Rue's tone. She was not a just fairweather friend, Myrren would see that.