Bitterroot Valley they did not stop to think they died instead
2 Posts
Ooc — Revokhul
All Welcome 
At some point some miles past Revokhul has slipped past the last known boundary of the Jade Kingdom, and unknowing took his first steps in the Teekon Wilds. By noon he is tired, but he's not stopping soon. It is cold so he is better off moving.

He's somewhere in a valley when he decides to stop, a shroud of vapor rising around his muzzle. He can see little for the moon is slender tonight, and the stars twinkle feebly in their distant holds. It has been a long day of walking, Revokhul reflects, as he makes little ceremony in bedding down for the night. Tired and feeling the cold make itself at home in his pelt, Revokhul closes his eyes and waits for sleep to come.
you are loved, you are loved more than you know
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
@Revokhul Hope you don't mind dealing with this one, I promise she doesn't bite too hard! Haha Welcome to the game :)

She is met with a vision of white upon white, of heaps of snow devouring the land she had once called home. Everything familiar is gone; Siarut, Takiyok, IkKanattuk - they are gone, every last one of them, and though she digs and digs, there is too much to clear. Too much, and soon the untouched cover of ice and snow is stained with the blood of her broken paws and the anxious drool of her panting mouth. She is too late, too late, and there is too much, and her heart twists, burns, aches, until she staggers back, overwhelmed and blinded by the rage of panic, and she does the only thing she knows how to do.

Nanook runs.

She runs, and does not look back, does not look forward. She runs, until she finds herself far from the glacier, and only stops for the mounting pain in her chest. Her legs quiver and she slumps to the ground. Her recent wounds sting, and one breaks open to ooze new blood down her leg's matted fur, but she hardly cares. They are gone, all of them, and the inexplicable grief is too much. The ache builds and climbs until the pain breaks through her walls of shattered of ice like a rushing tide, and the wraith flings back her head and cries, pained and anguished, into the night.
with every heartbeat I have left
I will defend your every breath, I promise
I'll do better
2 Posts
Ooc — Revokhul
Thank you for joining and I'm excited for this thread :)

Revokhul's sleep lasts hardly a minute before he hears through the woods the sound of crashing paws on snow, an anguished cry following. He bolts upright immediately, his ears straining and heart rate racing. His first instinct is there is someone about to attack him, but the noises continue past him well into the forest.

He inhales sharply and debates following. Once his heart beat stops skipping he is on his way after the visitor. Her paw prints are easy to follow and Revokhul grows more anxious the closer he gets. It could be a trap, he thinks and then his rational mind counters she could be hurt - the string of thought that follows urging him to speed up his pace so he catches up to her.