Blackfeather Woods i have seen the fall of babylon
1,335 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Master Warrior
it was obvious from the look that enters mou's eye, the lift of his chin and the edge to the pale man's tone suggests that he didn't like what wintersbane had to say. which, to the tundrian, only served to prove him right. he'd touched a nerve. good, wintersbane can't help but think. the fact was: the words mou gave him were just that until he and maegi both went through the actions of backing them up. to wintersbane, for now, it felt like a weighty promise. whether mou liked it or not wintersbane wasn't apologetic for his doubt and skepticism. as far as the tundrian is concerned it wasn't as if those things were felt without warrant. the pale pair had already proven they had a penchant for running away when things got too hot. they had yet to prove that they had what it took to lead this pack, that they wouldn't run when the heat comes pressing down on them again because it inevitably would. if not from the redhawks then from someone else. well, no offense, but it's going to take more than words to assuage my concerns this time. as it should be. why should he and maegi ...or anyone else for that matter get a free pass just because they labeled themselves as leaders? mou could lift his chin and glint his eye at wintersbane all he wanted. a physical warning of displeasure at words that maybe hit too close to home doesn't mean that wintersbane will forget. wintersbane is not so easily intimidated.

life, however, was full of opportunities to grown and change. it was full of second chances. his own journey in life so far was proof of that. the pale pair deserved the chance to put wintersbane's doubt and skepticism about their abilities to lead wrong. the following question throws wintersbane for a loop ...and for a moment the maned tundrian just stares at mou, waiting, perhaps, for him to change his mind. after all, a skeptical follower is a lot harder to push in line than one who didn't know the truth of the past and whose trust is more easily earned. are you really sure you want me to? wintersbane asks mou honestly. was his presence there worth the extra number? was his loyalty worth the price of earning it?
Messages In This Thread
i have seen the fall of babylon - by RIP Wintersbane - March 30, 2019, 06:15 PM
RE: i have seen the fall of babylon - by RIP Wintersbane - April 10, 2019, 04:46 AM