Wapun Meadow when i was a younger man, looking for a pot of gold
i will pry his bony fingers free
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
so, she choked again. jesus christ, indra, stop causing havoc with the natives it would have been a spectacular display of a choke for anyone unaffected watching: there was spittle, dribble, and sputters - the three things that truly made for a majestic choke .. only indra wasn't unaffected, and immediately winged to aurewen's position to perform a -- god, what do wolves even do, heimlich remover in the manner of a swift kick to the head?

as soon as she lit aside aurewen, the bone dislodged. it arced in the air, a slender and inoffensive thing to have caused so much turmoil, and indra's eyes followed its journey with wide worry as it clattered to the ground and sunk into fronds of grass. more perplexing yet, was the delirious laughter that followed. rounding on aurewen with the suspicion maybe two chokes in two minutes had cracked the argent, indra drew aside aurewen and met her teary gaze with concern.

and then something incredible happened. much the way the tiniest blade of grass manages to grow in a crack of lifeless stone, much the way a single drop of water foretells the presence of a gale, a trickle of laughter left indra's lips. soft at first, it was scarcely more than a giggle -- but then it collected momentum, made infectious by aurewen's own hysterical laughter (and the subsequent coy gesture to stifle it with the press of a slim paw) -- until at last she was rendered helpless by giggles alongside the silvery queen, laughing at the irony and the ridiculousness of it all.
now the wren has gone to roost and the sky is turning gold,
and like the sky, my soul is also turning.
Messages In This Thread
RE: when i was a younger man, looking for a pot of gold - by Indra - April 20, 2019, 09:38 AM