Brecheliant
Family
a hundred mini dreams and a healing scar ♥
2,114 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Medic
Master Midwife
Master Sitter
When he returned, Eljay looked a little startled when he looked at Wiffle's face. Did he recognise the traces of panic there that he himself so frequently fought? He frowned, but didn't mention it, unsure if he had seen it correctly and not wanting to further spook her anyway. He just wanted to be with Wiffle in this moment and not think too much about what might come or not. She'd be better again, and until then he would keep her company. They would get through this - together.

Wiffle didn't remember, which wasn't really a big surprise. They had both been young then, and Eljay only remembered because he was the one who had the stone, and he'd asked mommy about it and she had explained. Wiffle might not remember, but she had a different story to tell him. Eljay didn't remember this one, in turn. He vaguely recognised the panicked feelings of her departure when she told him about this happening, but he must've been young at the time. Eljay grinned and said, Really? I guess I must've already known then. It was a joke, of course, because Eljay hadn't really realised that he loved Wiffle in that way until very recently, and Wiffle herself had loved the Heda in between. I do remember when you found me near Drageda and brought me to the Heda to get me shelter and food, when I was out on my own. It was the silliest decision that he had made in his life, to leave Redhawk Caldera to strike out elsewhere, but maybe, looking back, it had all just been another chapter in him shuffling Wiffle back into his life so that they could end up together, here, and raise their children together.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Make it a point to tell me when you get to the end - by Eljay - June 14, 2019, 07:15 AM