Whitefish River i can never go home again, but ten silvers an hour gets me pretty close
Banned
92 Posts
Ooc — Ellie
Away
Joining 
anyone from pledged is welcome eheh

It’s taken him the better part of the week to get here. Here was where he could smell the founding of what, perhaps, was this Kaistleoki — here was where he could sniff out hints of @Evergreen that had lingered on his sister’s harried hide. My sister. Aurëwen... how had this length of time treated her?

His stomach soured at the remembrance of how he’d plainly abandoned her, regardless of sweet words; every part of him felt so breathless and laden. Winter and rime. I am here for a reason. So, he merely sent up a hoarse, lingering howl to beckon to the riverwolves of this realm. Time to repay this debt.
139 Posts
Ooc — Mai
It felt as if a great weight had been lifted off her shoulders. Once tight muscles, bound with unrelenting tension, had finally slackened. A sense of ease had replaced what had once been doubt...wariness. How could she have been so blind? To turn away from Evergreens side that very first day they met? She should've read the signs, but instead she moved on. Allowed a new stranger to whisk her away to a home of promises. A stranger who remained as such, vanished with the wind. A home not what it was cut out to be.

And so, here Chai was, back again by the side of the first wolf she had ever met in the Teekon. It was fate that their paths crossed again, brought her to become part of his blossoming group. She smiled faintly, easily, her icy eyes no longer unsure. There was a little spring in her step as she skirted the river, out for a brisk run. Then there was a voice, requesting an audience. Curiously her ears tilted forward and she adjusted her course to meet the outsider. Waiting for her...or anyone else most likely, was a white male. Her soft brows rose an inch, her expression open. "Welcome. Can I...help you with something?"

Banned
92 Posts
Ooc — Ellie
Away
A lovely concoction of simmering sables, in the form of a breathless she-wolf, was the first to arrive to the Crow’s caw. He heard the enquiry, but— his eyes were so sore, and the sight of her was very kind. Vespertino,” was what he lilted, returning to himself with an appreciative blink. “I would like to see @Evergreen, if it is not too terrible to ask?”

A rueful little laugh, “I intend to join the pack of the dashing savior of my sister.” It was a fine way to put such a gorey, frightful tale — but if the lady wished to hear he, Vonn could certainly entertain her. ...Or, he could wait to give detail when Evergreen arrived. “I come from Diaspora, in the valley past the mountains.”
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
what's Liri doing here? I have no idea either lol

Chai was not alone as she fled to the borders to answer a summoning beckons, the ghost of Liri trailed after protectively (some buried instinct urging her to go after the sweet-natured girl as she flitted by on wings of umber). 

She found them silently, lingering amidst the trees as her pale auds rose to catch his unfamiliar tongue curiously. It was the title - Diaspora - that brought her forward to stand by the cappuccino-pelted femme. 

Her head tilted back, a good deal smaller than many wolves she had to crane to scan the features of the cellar spider-legged man - memories of the Vale and the war she'd almost caused flickering just beyond reach. 

"You look like Aurë," her tongue whispered of its own accord, leaving the amnesiac blinking in astonishment as she grappled with her memory. 
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

139 Posts
Ooc — Mai
If she had to say so herself, this pristine white brute before her was quite striking. Certainly, any female would appreciate the looks of a man like him. He first spoke in a language she didn't understand, but the tone...that she certainly did. Oh, and he was here to meet with Evergreen too. The mention of her friends name made her smile. "No, no trouble at all."

Before she could lift up her muzzle and release her airy voice, her guest elaborated. Icy eyes blinked with surprise, rust colored ears flickering. He intended to join their group? Wonderful! But the reason as to why, was even more fascinating. Touching. "He...saved your sister?" She shook her head, trying to clear the fuzziness away. "I can't say I know her, but I didn't know Evergreen did that!" She said admirably.

The soft steps of a pack mate - Liri, coming up beside her,announced the other woman's arrival. Chai had been drawn to her instantly, feeling a connection with her gentle, motherly persona. They had to get to know each other so much more, but already Chai trusted her unconditionally. She went by her gut feeling, and her gut told her not to hold back. Gently, she nosed the soft white hairs of the woman's ruff. "Aurë"...is she the sister you speak of?" She repeated the name, now fully interested in the tale he might have to share.

I'M JUST A BELIEVER THAT THINGS WILL GET BETTER
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Despite how sore the bear is from his vast ventures east, he is undoubtedly joyful. Excitment pulses through him, a feeling that once became foreign with the uncertainty his past-future held. Now, he is sure.

Pride consumes the river lord, for the beckon is answered not solely by the Count but two of his people. With his steady approach, the bear wears a broad smile, unable to resist showing how pleased he is with both women. He halts alongside Chai, mismatched green eyes shifting to roam across the summoner on their doorstep.

Uhm, hello, Eve greets, taken aback just as the others by this handsome stranger. His features distinctively different than that of Aurë, yet enough that he questions their relation. I'm Evergreen. He assumes that the girls already addressed that he stands before Kaistleoki.
Working on wrapping up current threads!
Banned
92 Posts
Ooc — Ellie
Away
He’d been just about to concede to the first nymph that Yes, she is, in fact, my sister, when yet another came along— a three-legged lady, with the same question on her lips as his first host. It was to her that Vonn gave a polite cant of his head, and to the pair he merely said, “Your powers of observation continue to serve you well, mis chicas. His argent gaze had returned once more to Chai, before the arrival of Evergreen halted him.

How was it that his sister managed to constantly fall into the graces of such handsome males? “It is a great pleasure to meet you at last, señor,” Vonnaruil loftily countered, giving a more defined dip of a pale crown than before. “I was just telling these graceful goddesses of how you came to my sister’s rescue.”

Feeling quite welcome, the alabaster crow reclined back upon his haunches, and though his permentantly-jovial simper remained etched upon his marred face, his tone lowered into something akin to privacy. “But, I have come here to act as servant to Kaistleloki in any manner I may. To repay the life debt of saving Aurëwen’s life.”
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
She fell silent, brushing her temple against Chai in return as she stepped back - clearing a path for the river bear as he pulled from the trees. Warmth colored her cheeks and her eyes dipped bashfully hearing Vonnaruil's compliments and seeing the pride in Evergreen's summer gaze. 

She smothered an urge to crane her head, to peer at the many scars and missing leg - hushed the voice that said they were lying, being kind. Perhaps that was Liri - a lingering weakness, a hidden insecurity. Either way, the dove forced it, her, away. 

Her gaze sought the pallid wraith - impressed, stunned. She'd never met such an honourable wolf, not that she could remember anyways. It slid next to Evergreen, expecting that the bear would accept Aurëwen's brother with open arms.
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

139 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Evergreen had arrived quickly to greet the man. An ear turned as the bearish wolf approached, halting next to her. Now that he was here, he could decide for himself if this wolf, the sister of Aurëwen, was allowed to join their growing little group. Though in her eyes, Chai had already made up her mind. She saw no reason to turn him away, but would stick around to see what Evergreen thought. 

She had yet to place a name to his face, but he certainly seemed not to be lacking in charm. Or manners. Her ears tilted back, icy eyes lowering slightly in humble embarrassment as her skin warmed under her cheeks. She had never been addressed like that before. If Vonn was given a home, she suspected he'd be a likely favorite among the females. "...How selfless of you." She began in her soft, sweet voice, smiling. "Is Aurëwen...and Dispora aware of your choice?" She queried, merely wishing for some insight on his standing with the mountain pack. Not everyone took kindly to those who packed up and moved camp.

I'M JUST A BELIEVER THAT THINGS WILL GET BETTER
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Wow, charming is right. While the male swoons the ladies, Evergreen arches an eyebrow, a smirk curving across his lips in mild amusement. Alas, he falters when he hears what he suspected. This man is the brother to Aurë. Now both eyebrows lift in surprise, his jaw going slack. Of course, he appreciates the gesture, and would love to have more able members of Kaistleoki…

Chai is right, do they know of this?

“Ah, uhm,” he stumbles over his words, “I appreciate your gratitude. Kaistleoki would be honored to have you in our ranks, but I do not wish to split family unnecessarily. Are you certain this is the correct decision?” His ears flatten, mismatched green eyes studying the alabaster crow with wonder.
Working on wrapping up current threads!
Banned
92 Posts
Ooc — Ellie
Away
The praise towards the three of them was merely the crow croaking that which he thought to be true; the pleasure of it being recieved was not lost on him, as it was entirely theirs. However, at Evergreen’s open astonishment, the crow’s own amusement overwhelmed him — a heady laugh billowed up from the tell-tale place between throat and lungs.

With a cant of a fine head to Chai, he did them the generous offer of answering both their enquiries in one reply: “As you will find, I am not quite keen to reconvene with our... desecrator. So, I said to myself, ‘If I will not hunt the Dread Wolf, then I will serve her champion.’” Eyes returning to Chai, “I have no doubt that her midwife knew, and that the information has been relayed already. I suspect Diaspora won’t be too happy about it.”

”For now, they have my sister as well as her children. The basilisk is content within his mountain, with hatchlings on the way. They thrive with children — whatever would they want with a male such as myself, bound to blood honors?” His attention to Evergreen, at that, “I have further plans, as well, of... concord with Kaistleoki. If I am initiated, which we may address afterwards.”

The vagrant quieted, and awaited for replies with a patient, somewhat spent demeanor. Gods, speaking was exhausting. How did Aurëwen ever manage it?