Wheeling Gull Isle Hello There
Big Man, Walking In The Park
198 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
Ranger
Pack Activity 

The titan male was going to make sure he was going to be able to talk to his packmates, well, at least once before Aristos can form. The cinnamon guardian has been more than excited to help in any way he can, he wanted this pack to form right away but he must remember patience. His coal tipped paws ran along the surface of the sand, the waves lapping each other and the water trying to climb up the shore, but with every chance it got, it would cower back into the bigger body of water. Connor's emerald gaze scanned along the edge of the island, his black-tipped ears were like sonars, trying to detect motion but with sound roaring into his ears. He was ultimately trying to get along with everyone, so far he has gotten good relations with Rhaella and his close friend Lokie, a companion he would never abandon.

The giant male sat on his haunches with his tail neatly wrapped around his paws, his back was straight in a professional matter, a habit if you will. But it was mostly because his back was hurting from always hunching when sitting, his large head was looking for something interesting to do, it seemed that everyone was settling before they could really start the formation of the pack. It seemed that Rhaella was making herself busy and Connor wanted to help her to keep the process going faster and soon they will have a place to call home, then Connor could do his own thing.
Babe, there's something wretched about this
477 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Away
@Rhælla to see if this could also count toward a pack formation! Counseling thread as well as working on caches! This thread is set before he goes to shore for a while and meets Guildenstern!

After speaking with Rhælla, Rose felt more secure in his decision to remain in this makeshift pack she had put together. With a promise to help fulfill her dream, the snowy beast began to work on making this place more like a pack's land rather than just a bunch of island dwellers without structure. He wandered the island, seeking out the best hunting spots, a few small prey resided on the island, birds, some rabbits, crabs, plenty of fish, especially when the tide is at its highest.

As he patrolled the island, making note of hunting spots and marking certain areas, he was on his way to where the landbridge would come and go with the tide, of all the places, that should be marked the heaviest to deter any curious individuals from wandering in and getting stuck without a way back to the mainland. As he wandered, the sight of the other big male caught his attention. Turning his one golden eye, it was not the other warm coloured man Daegon.. but someone else. 

Turning back onto his path, he didn't think twice that maybe this one would want to join him. Still, even with his pledge to Rhæella and her goal, he didn't find it easy to approach others and get to know them.
New Threads: closed
198 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
Ranger
all the pack activity <3

The giant male's ears turned to the sound of an approaching wolf, his large head soon followed the sound of someone approaching and his eyes laid upon a wolf who was just a bit bigger than him but Connor honestly didn't see a difference. The male's coat was white, but that really did catch his attention was that this particular male had a long scar on his right eye which did put Connor off for a brief moment but he knew it was not his place to judge. The cinnamon wolf met his honey gaze, with his emerald orbs eager and welcoming, he had a warm smile on his face and his body rose up so he could be on all fours. The muscular wolf wagged his coal tipped tail in a greeting of the male since he did see him before, "hello, I don't believe we have met personally but my name is Connor."

Connor wasn't wary of the male but he stayed in his place as to not raise alarm in the white male, instead, he turned to face him. The titan made sure that he looked relaxed and welcoming, he wanted to make acquaintances as much as he could and make sure that his packmates were safe around him. He did see this wolf with Rhaella sometimes so he knew that he wasn't a complete stranger and maybe they could become friends.
477 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Away
Thinking nothing of the other male, already on the quest to continue on his journey to preparing the island for its inhabitants, Rose didn't expect Connor to approach as he did. There were a few big wolves at the beginning of what was to be a pack, Connor was another. Thankfully he seemed friendly enough as he came trotting toward the snow-capped warrior, naturally so that almost made him jealous of how naturally it came. 

Rosencrantz. This was as much as he knew when it came to packmates. Introduce yourself, especially when one was open already on their own. Is there... something I can help you with? Perhaps Connor just needed a hand with something. He was a big boy, but some things needed more than just one individual to do. But an extension of friendship, to get to know one another, was not something that came to mind at first.
198 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
Ranger
LOVE MEEEEEE

Connor's tail wagged eagerly as he dipped his head to the slightly larger male when he introduced his name to him saying that he was Rosencrantz. "Nice to meet you, Rosencrantz," he chirped eagerly at the white male with honey eyes, though when he asked him what he needed help with Connor blinked, perhaps this wolf wasn't keen on making friends with others. The giant male honestly wanted to just talk and meet with him but he figured he had to improvise and make up something for them to do productively. His emerald gaze met his, "oh, nothing really," he began by looking around him, he was looking at the island they were standing on to see if Rosencrantz was just trying to make the production of Aristos go faster like Connor wanted to do.

"But maybe we can tighten up here and uh... See what needs to be done," he hesitated, he figured Rosencrantz was doing something so he had hoped the male would invite him to do something productive. "And maybe we can get to know each other a little better, I wouldn't want to go into Aristos without meeting everyone," he added with a warm and welcoming smile.
477 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Away

Connor was extremely friendly - though it wasn't off-putting, and if Rose was more expressive than he was, he would seem to be more uncomfortable than necessary. It was unusual for him, but not quite something he couldn't, or wouldn't get used to in time. With a dip of his head in response, he meant to say "likewise" but couldn't get the words to come out.

Quirking a brow, Rose waited for Connor to answer, what came out was strange, at least to him. Nothing? Then why did he come over? Then finally something else came out, it seemed like Connor was willing to help out in getting the island ready for Aristos. Very well. Closing his eye, he nodded once in agreement to this 'getting to know one another'. What would you like to know? Clearly, he was well versed in all this.

I was getting to know the island and its resources, eventually, prepare some caches for future use. If you want, we can do so together.
198 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
Ranger
The giant male was pleased that the honey eyed wolf was kind enough to offer a conversation by asking him what he wanted to know, but Connor knew well that he shouldn't go for something too touchy. He started off with something simple, "well, we could start by asking why you decided to come to Aristos," the russet male chirped cheerfully. Connor was delighted to join Rosencrantz when he said that he was checking the island resources and prepare for some caches in the future to which he padded up to Rosencrantz with an eager tail wag and his emerald orbs were beaming. "I will be happy to join you, the more we prepare the faster this pack will form," he assumed Rosencrantz had the same goal of starting Aristos as soon as possible and he was glad he could find someone that had the same ideals as him.

The titan and the white wolf were on a good start, Connor valued this since he didn't want to leave a bad impression on Rosencrantz, he was willing to be open with the male and he hoped Rose would do the same. As the two made their way, Connor would stop and scout out possible resources for the pack to use and would occasionally glance at Rosencrantz to see if it would meet his approval.
477 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Away
Why did he join Aristos. It took a while for him to think about an answer. It felt as though he really didn't have anything to give to Connor as a response to his question. Silence lingered as he pondered the thing, taking his time as he mulled over the words. I suppose... Rhælla's guts impressed me in the hunt we had. Was as true as he could say. Wanted to see what would come from this. Despite their headbutting at first, it seemed that the two had slowly warmed up to each other. Especially after their last chat on the beach the other day.

With a nod he allowed Connor to help out in scouting the land's resources. Every now and then Connor would point something out - and Rose would approach to investigate. The most recent one, a small shore like spot with flat enough sand. Bubbles in the sand piqued his curiosity... Swiftly he dug in the sand, taking a few swipes and eventually revealed the grumpy crab that was hidden underneath. Seems like crabs are very popular here. The alabaster prince was not disappointed with his find, but non too excited either. 

You've been with Rhælla longer than I have. What do you see in her? He took this moment to give Connor a question in return.
198 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
Ranger
The man listened with interest on what Rose wanted to join Aristos, his reason was justifiable and he was right when he said Rhaella had guts and courage, she did show both Connor and Lokie that she was capable of handling herself. Connor nodded, "that's what makes anyone a good leader if they have the courage and the strongest of wills to make tough decisions," he commented, he was doing his best to make conversation, and maybe get a better understanding of the mysterious male and who he was. Though the titan had to think of himself for a second, would he make tough decisions, he did tell Rhaella that he would protect Aristos, but how far would he go? He didn't want to think too much of what could be or what might happen, he would rather focus on what was going on at the present moment.

The pair were making good time as Connor would show Rosencrantz his findings, the white titan would inspect the area and dig a cache for future prey. One of the said caches had a particular grumpy crab, the cinnamon male scrunched his muzzle up at the little pink demon with claws as it scuttled away from the two giant wolves. The white male commented on the crabs, Connor could only reply with sarcasm, "oh goody, neighbors," the man sniffed, it seemed the crabs just wouldn't leave him alone, he wanted to get a petition to exile all the crabs but he knew that would never work. But Rosencrantz distracted him with the question of, what he thought of Rhaella personally, his coal tipped ears perked with interest, his jade gaze was thoughtful as he craned his head up to look at the sky as if he was in deep thought.

Connor saw this as an opportunity, he could use this to try and not only get to know Rosencrantz better, but to establish a possible friendship. At last Connor looked back at the one-eyed wolf, "well, when I first met her with my best friend Lokie, she was independent, she was kind, and she was welcoming, I mean I had previously had trouble with stumbling into other wolves with uh, not so great encounters." The man began, "I wanted to find a place and maybe start something here, I am not sure what but I think going into Aristos would greatly help find my path," he said with a tail wag, his expression was beaming with determination. "And to be honest, I was talking with her and she seems like a little sister to me," he laughed, he didn't see anything romantic between him and Rhae, that would be weird, "What about you?" Connor chirped.
477 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Away
Strongest of wills to make the right decision, no matter how hard it might be, to make the right one. Rosencrantz was caught thinking if he could do the same. Let logic take the place of instinct and go with what's right, rather than what he wanted to be right. That was the major difference between the two it seemed, or so he thought. What he did know for certain was that he would take great lengths to follow with his promise to the young leader to help her create the haven she so desired. It gave him a purpose now after all, and that much he was thankful for.

The sour disposition of Connor toward the crab Rose had found was... rather humorous to be honest. Sneakily a grin crept onto the snowy leviathan's face. Not into crabs? he pondered out loud, watching as the thing scuttled away quickly. I find them rather delicious. the salty meat they provided was certainly a treat, the texture wasn't his favorite but he could get by just for the brine of the meat itself.

He listened as Connor spoke, taking no chance at cutting him off as Rose remained silent. Eyes ever watchful on the beach and any other hiding places that prey may be hiding. It was good to know that the sand held much more than just inedible grain and that if one was watchful, they may find hidden treasures underneath. The beach was probably overflowing with crabs, the two men were probably walking on top of some as they spoke without realizing. 

I see. he said finally, thinking back to how amicable the two were as he saw them from afar. Sometimes he wondered if they were romantically involved, but a sibling-like relationship was strong enough among pack mates. I'm not certain... To her, I am a confidante but to me... His voice trailed off as he lost track of his sentence. Unwilling to answer maybe.

A reason to change. He finally responded after a while of walking. Coming up with a reasonable response, at least in his opinion.
198 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
Ranger
Connor's ear flicked at Rosencrantz's response to his dislike to the crabs, it was almost as if he was teasing him, good, he slyly thought to himself, if the two of them can get to teasing each other terms then perhaps they can get to a point of some form of connection. The titan raised an eyebrow at the white male when he said that he found them delicious, "well, you might have just given me the solution to my crab problem," he playfully smirked. Although he wasn't sure if Rosencrantz was true to his word, Rose may like them, but Connor probably won't, maybe Lokie will like them? He thought, Lokie would seem to be the type of wolf that would eat anything and that could be both good and bad.

Rosencrantz was going to speak about how he felt about Rhaella, but his voice trailed off, at first Connor thought that he didn't know, but suspicions were rising within him telling him that wasn't the case. His emerald gaze was searching, but he ultimately laid his eyes back on Rosencrantz, he wanted to try giving him answers, "do you see yourselves as acquaintances more like?" He titled his head, he was going to try and fill in the blanks, and he was going to start off with something easy. The honey-eyed man said that he came to Aristos for change, Connor wanted to know why, he was nosy like that, "don't we all?" He asked with a sigh as his eyes trailed up to the sky, he was doing this to set up bait for Rosencrantz to get him to talk.
477 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Away
Connor really hasn't even thought of eating them himself? Perhaps eating something new was frightening to some, not knowing how well it would sit in one's stomach, some things were also poisonous... and so his uncertainty of eating the creatures was of course understandable. 

Possibly. This was all so new to him, even now his head began to split just talking about it to the cinnamon man. Feeling himself getting aggravated over the uncertainty of everything, Rose took in a deep breath and let it out through his nose at a slow and steady pace. I'm not... good at understanding others... or myself. He admitted, hoping that maybe Connor had answers for him instead.

Ashamed, he kept his eye away from his companion. Unsure if he could mentally handle a judgemental look without snapping.

Don't we all, he said. They all desired to change, it seemed like a strange answer. Curious, he followed Connor's gaze to the sky, unsure of what he was looking at. I don't know how to be a confidant. What that demands from me. I've only ever been a warrior, nothing more than a soldier.
198 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
Ranger
The muscular man's head slowly moved back down and his gaze was slow to look at Rosencrantz, but not in a judgemental way, but he was quietly listening to the tactician as he seemed to expose more of himself which Connor knew he had to be careful. The white man revealed that he wasn't good at understanding others and Connor could get behind that logic, it isn't easy and sometimes Connor himself can overstep his boundaries when talking to others. The titan's gaze was soft and accepting, "and that's okay," he began sympathetically, "understanding other wolves is not an easy task, I myself struggle with this." The scout admitted, "I, and certainly others, don't expect you to automatically know someone's story, feelings, and motivation, that kind of stuff comes with practice, and with practice comes failure, and with failure comes learning and with learning comes mastery." Connors muzzle drew a smile, he was trying his best of what he knew and implying it to this situation.

But Rosencrantz admitted that he couldn't understand himself, and that was a hard call, his comrade even looked away from him, but Connor's eyes softened, this was tricky. "Well the first step to understanding others is to first understand yourself, and that on its own is a task I'm afraid that I may not be of use to you," Connor stated honestly, his head slightly moving to try and meet Rosencrantz's gaze. "If I can make an example..." He trailed on, "you life is like a river, it constantly changes, the river that was there today will be a different river tomorrow, there is always something new coming through." His voice lightened up, he was going off by what his mother told him, "and if you place your paw in that river, the current will change onto a new course," he continued to beam at Rosencrantz. Of course, to Connor's own advice, he didn't understand Rose right away.

Rosencrantz was falling for his bait, perhaps a little bit too well, but Connor had to sort himself out before he could answer, "confidence is not something you are born with, its something you create, I can't give you confidence, but I can help fuel your spark just like others can." The cinnamon male continued, "confidence comes with experience, and in my philosophy, experience outranks everything," his voice grew more sincere and perhaps stern since Connor was being truthful to his own words. "You were a soldier, yes, but that is only part of who you are, Rosencrantz is who you are, and that is something that you have to tell me," his gaze drifted towards the calm waves surrounding the island. "Who is Rosencrantz? Is he just a soldier? A Warrior? Or is he a little more complex like a spider's web, with every little thread leading up to one whole heart of the web, the larger center." The titan said, the wind slowly arising in his fur, his gaze was relaxed but watchful, his jaded gaze slowly moving back to Rosencrantz, awaiting for how the male will respond to all of what has been said.
477 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Away
Carefully, Rosencrantz digested every word Connor articulated. Taking in all the advice, no matter how little he understood of the comparisons the cinnamon man had offered. It sounded as if the alabaster knight had missed something in his childhood, the ability to be empathetic with others, taught otherwise, to ignore and move onto the next task. That there was no room to be different than your brethren.

Once Connor had finished his analogy, Rose nodded in response. I see... Seems like I have much to work on. Turning his one eye toward the other titan, he offered a small smile, a mild twist of his lips to the sky in offering for the help of discovering himself further. Thank you.

With that, he turned back onto the path at hand, scanning the scenery for the next plausible trail to follow. Looks almost like a deer trail... Lets go and investigate. I'll take a look into myself further tonight before bed. With that, he quickened his pace down the road, following the winding trail that was carved by hooves. A thin trail veiled by leaves, but the smell and sighs were unmistakable.