Whitefish River the hamiltons move uptown
Ghost
618 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Guardian
Hearing his son say that he loved him, too, was as sweet as any symphony. A balm to the ears. Vercingetorix might be bound for hell upon death -- he'd certainly given it his best effort -- but the one thing that would forever redeem him was that he'd created this boy. This kind, beautiful, loving, perfect boy.

Even if he was loath to take credit for that, the fact remained. Now, Verx needed to better live up to his own role in life.

I know, buddy, he replied sadly, frowning. Goddamn, if only it were still possible to placate Dragomir through fervent words! But he was too old now, and had experienced the horrors of the world.

My fault. My fucking fault.

Verx touched his nose, very gently, to the crown of Drago's head, taking in the scent that was imprinted on his mind, his heart. Only death could take me from you, he vowed, his voice a hoarse whisper. I'll never leave you, not if I have anything to say about it. But Dragomir. . .

He pulled back, his stare gimlet once more. Whoever did this to you, I'll find them. I'll make sure they never hurt you or anyone else again. That's what we gotta do in life. . .stand up for those we love, and get rid of those who hurt others for no reason.

It was the closest he'd ever come to a speech on morality, and it shocked even him as the sentiment left his lips.

Still, he meant all of it. Every word.
Common · Trigedasleng
Messages In This Thread
the hamiltons move uptown - by Vercingetorix - August 09, 2019, 09:44 AM
RE: the hamiltons move uptown - by Dragomir - August 09, 2019, 05:50 PM
RE: the hamiltons move uptown - by Vercingetorix - August 10, 2019, 03:41 PM
RE: the hamiltons move uptown - by Dragomir - August 10, 2019, 05:59 PM
RE: the hamiltons move uptown - by Vercingetorix - August 11, 2019, 05:24 AM
RE: the hamiltons move uptown - by Dragomir - August 14, 2019, 03:38 AM
RE: the hamiltons move uptown - by Vercingetorix - August 16, 2019, 04:52 PM
RE: the hamiltons move uptown - by Dragomir - August 20, 2019, 11:44 AM
RE: the hamiltons move uptown - by Vercingetorix - August 25, 2019, 04:51 PM