Whitefish River tonight i'll have a look and try to find my face again
I'M JUST A BELIEVER THAT THINGS WILL GET BETTER
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
He isn't sure what part of his spiral worked, but at least the silver male turns to him. A breath of relief escapes Evergreen's lips, his expression softening. He, too, wants to reach out, so he stretches a leg and tries to bump his paw to River's.

Yeah, he whispers. I'm... 'Me.' Not good enough, a failure, unable to protect what's important to him, the list goes on. River deserves better, someone that could be with him and say the right words. Do the right thing.

It doesn't stop Evergreen from feeling saddened by the idea, of him with someone else.

Uh, no one's... expressed interest in me like that, he tries to word carefully, lest he upset River again, but it's hard when his mind and heart are racing a mile a minute. Um, so I mean, I'm grateful you... like—squeak, voice crack—me. I didn't think that would ever be a possibility. Even if he dreamed or longed, stared and drooled, Eve thought he'd grow up old and alone. He accepted that a long time ago, and was content with it.

I'm just... confused, and, uh, I guess a... a little hurt, since I do want to know you better. I do... like you, River, I'm just... Confused, overwhelmed, unsure about Everything. Scared. All things he's already rambled about and continues to. He doesn't feel ready, and wonders if anyone ever does.
Working on wrapping up current threads!
Messages In This Thread
RE: tonight i'll have a look and try to find my face again - by Evergreen - October 20, 2019, 02:27 AM