Wapun Meadow learning that i’m deserving of love and the peaceful heart
i will pry his bony fingers free
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
no, you really don’t. came merrick’s scathing reply, spinning indra upon her figurative heels. a gaping o of surprise claimed her lips, while anguish sunk its claws into her disbelieving eyes. 

had she done that? 

had she done all he accused..?

a flare of resentment kindled in her heart, brought forth by the childish memory of a younger indra, scarce twelve months to the day, cursing her mother’s name, her father’s memory, cursing all that had left her to die. 

it took a terrible amount of strength then, to introspectively observe merrick’s words — particularly when she felt the salty lashing of his accusations fresh against her vulnerable heart. 

she had left him. 

she had. 

that old misery, that old shade of unspeakable guilt, scrabbled its’ way out from her organs in chittering fury. he was right, and anything she wanted to say in her own defense died the moment she tried to dispel it from her parted lips. 

a sense of rottenness clung to her, for she recognized the truth in his words — 

up until you have to die.

her ears turned, a new sense of panic creeping through her. ..what? indra blinked, tearful and full of irrevocable despair. she rocked back on her haunches in stunned surprise, her knitted brow and sorrowed-with-tears gaze affixed to the serpent feigning as her beloved son.
now the wren has gone to roost and the sky is turning gold,
and like the sky, my soul is also turning.
Messages In This Thread
RE: learning that i’m deserving of love and the peaceful heart - by Indra - October 01, 2019, 12:24 PM