The Sunspire Rally for the Future
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
<style type="text/css">.ame {margin:auto; width:530px; text-align:justify;font-size:11px;} .ame q {color:#7a2638; font-family:georgia;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1.3px;} .ame p {margin:0px;text-indent:30px;}</style>

Wolves were sorted further, and she nodded when she was handed the task of the kill party. It came with a little extra, to which she listened carefully -- slow one down when appropriate, so that the killing group may make the final blow. Amekaze's tail switched, now more eager than ever with the prospect of responsibility and the ability to exercise some bonus skill. Will do, she smirked. What she could manage, anyway, but she was determined to see it through. Of course, circumstance would play its role, as it would in any hunt. She would study the options for the weakest link as soon as she caught sight of them.

Insofar, she liked Vienna's directions. To see the plan come to fruition was the next step, and she moved lightly towards the other wolves in the kill party so that they may begin to prepare themselves.

[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
<p style='text-decoration:italic;font-size:10px;'><I>Got nothin to lose but time</I></p>
350 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Posting again because why not? ^^ heheh

Vienna had been carefully watching for signs of reaction to her plan, reading to ensure that all were happy with their placements. Even if they were not it would matter little, for she was sure Ferdie would keep the order, but it would make her feel much better if she had done well in assigning tasks.

Thus, when Summer cast a significant look her way, she caught it almost immediately and gave a small nod in response. She had almost amended her orders but second guessed the addition. Now, however, she went on. "Any others who may join can help the chasers to keep the herd where we want them." They could use more control on that end, for if they put too many in the take down they may get in one anothers' way. She glanced once more at Summer, mostly to see how he felt about that job.

Amekaze seemed to enjoy her role, which made Vienna extremely happy. She didn't know her well at all but knew that she was an old friend of Ferdie and Jace. Thus she respected her highly, and to have her approve of the plan was a high praise indeed.

As Ame moved to gather the kill party, Vienna did likewise, catching the eye of her chasers and moving towards the path that they would take around the herd. She might be leading this hunt but she would still await Ferdie's sign of readiness. He was, after all, Alpha.
Loyal to the death
452 Posts
Ooc —

Ferdie Von Pelt inclined his head with respect to Vienna. He gazed toward the open meadow trying to decided the best escape route the deer may use. Where will you have us hunker down? The kill team needs to hunker in before the chase team moves at all, keep the deer as unspooked as possible until the last moment. Even then you may be able to subtly move them before needing to spook them. Ferdie winked at Summer offering advice without calling him out.

i am the storm.
373 Posts
Ooc — Stevie

As Vienna caught his eye, he felt his heart begin to steady. He nodded gently at her suggestion, committing himself to the chasing party happily. He was more comfortable with chasing than trying to kill. After all, chasing was pretty much just running. He could easily run, especially when he had his packmates running right alongside him, leading him.

Ferdie joined in with some advice then, and before Summer knew it, he was scanning the terrain and picking a spot. "There's a ridge beyond those hills," he said. Suddenly, it occurred to him that he was speaking. His heart seized for a moment, and he looked nervously at the group. What was he doing?? There wasn't much he could do now though except to continue... "It might.. work well..." he ended with a mumble as his gaze turned downwards, inwardly rebuking himself for being so ridiculous as to offer an opinion.

Open for Commissions! PM me for more info :)
Sometimes you just need to die a little inside in order to be reborn,and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
84 Posts
Ooc — Kaitlyn
Aleera started to follow in behind Vienna, wondering where they were headed, pausing and listening to the youngster Summer. She nodded her head in agreement, looking toward him with a smile trying to encourage him, "I think it would work quite well, what do you think Vienna?" Aleera hoped that her words were encouraging, but she could never really be sure if her words were helpful or not. She thought that the ridge was the perfect spot to hid and observe the prey in the area.
<p style='text-decoration:italic;font-size:10px;'><I>Got nothin to lose but time</I></p>
350 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
The idea to find the hunters a place to hide was a sound one. Vienna had expected that they just lie low, for the deer in their panic would likely not see them, but that was not a guarantee, and the more they could do to make the hunt go well the better. At Summer's suggestion, Vienna looked over to the ridge. It was well positioned and, better yet, would present a clear target to the chasers. "It's perfect!" She responded, eyes sparkling as she looked at him. She was elated that he was joining in. "We can try to chase them around the left side of it, and see if we can get the weaker ones closer to the ridge so that they will be easier to spot and take down."

It would be a task, forcing the deer to where they wanted to go, but like Ferdie said, they could get pretty close before they actually set the deer to running. Then they could take stock of where they were. They would have to have at least one on the right and one on the left to keep the deer from splitting. Then they could have two behind to spur them on and help if stragglers get away. Once they got them running, though, they would likely keep on a straight route, panic driving their steps, until the danger had passed.

((edit to keep plot moving, taking some liberties here. let me know if any aren't okay!))
"Alright, let's go!" She set off after ensuring that all were with their proper groups. She'd leave the hunters to work out exact strategies amongst themselves. Angling towards the herd, she made certain to lead them downwind. Internally she thought about where eerone would do the most good. She had already somewhat planned this out. "I will take the far side. Fang, you can take this one. Summer, Aleera, you two can get them moving from behind. Don't worry about waiting but a moment. I'll catch up." Her speed would serve her well in making it around in time, and Aleera had the strength and experience to spur the deer to run. Summer would have good backup in her while still being able to do his part, and Fang seemed quick enough to hold his own mirroring her. Pausing briefly to make sure no one had any major issues with their parts, she began to sneak around, careful to keep her path wide. Then with a happy bark she charged in, assuming that the herd would already be moving with a little help from her packmates. Astutely she searched for some sign of a slower, weaker creature to direct towards the other party. Setting her sights on one whose strength already seemed to be flagging, she kept an eye on it and would attempt to keep it to the left.
i am the storm.
373 Posts
Ooc — Stevie

The remaining duties were doled out to the wolves that had gathered and the hunt was set in motion. Summer gave a meaningful glance to Aleera, confident in their ability to work together since they had already done so once before. Silently, he crept into position as his packmates dispersed around him. Once there, he waited, sunny eyes scanning the terrain to watch as each wolf fell into place and they were ready to begin.

In what seemed like no time, the hunt was moving. Summer sprang forward as Vienna gave the signal, studying her and the deers movements simultaneously to make sure he placed himself appropriately. He saw his packmate's change of path and followed her trajectory right to the intended prize--an older doe that seemed already its strength to be waning. With a burst of speed, Summer charged forward to block it from going too far too the left, making sure it had a nice clear path to the ridge where the others were waiting.

</style>
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
feel free to begin to wrap this up (vaguely, if you'd like) in your posts! sorry for suddenly bringing it towards an end, but with everything going on, i think it's for the best. we'll have plenty more pack things and hunts soon ;D
<style type="text/css">.ame {margin:auto; width:530px; text-align:justify;font-size:11px;} .ame q {color:#7a2638; font-family:georgia;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1.3px;} .ame p {margin:0px;text-indent:30px;}</style>

Vienna led the hunt seamlessly, and she watched keenly as wolves fell into place then matters got underway soon afterward. She followed suit and assumed the role assigned to her, moving then to settle quietly to wait for the right second to spring. Before long, her eyes were glued to the deer as they began their flight, studying for signs of weakness -- no matter how small.

The second she spotted it -- the older doe who just couldn't seem to keep pace, and was breathing heavier than the rest already, she knew what would follow. The rest of the deer fell away from her focus as she prioritized that one. If all went well, they would be eating well tonight.

When the time was right and all was in place, she was eager to sink her teeth into their quarry, and from there, it was a blur of the rush of the hunt.

350 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
How about, since catching two is pretty rare, I leave it up to the dice? 1d10 and if it is 5 or 6 we get both? I don't mind taking both regardless, but don't want to get too unrealistic if others want to keep it real ;)

After this round I can do a final wrap-up post if you like! Or Ame can if you would rather ;)

The deer and the hunters had merged, but still the chasers' role was far from over. Now they became support, assisting with bringing the prey down so that the hunters could deliver the killing blows. Instantly she shot towards the deer Amekaze was holding, for it was the one she was closest to. Avoiding flailing hooves she sank her teeth into a hind leg in an attempt to bring it's motion even more to a halt and prevent any chance of it escaping today.

Bringing down two was an unlikelihood, and she could not see how Ferdie and Kipling were doing in finding a deer. She had only seen the one with any real weakness, so the odds hadn't looked very good on that front. She couldn't help them, however, and kept her focus on the one prize that it looked as though they'd be taking today.
i am the storm.
373 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Super crap post is super crap

Summer, like Vienna, tore after the old doe as Amekaze grabbed onto it. Vienna was quick to sink her teeth in the beast's leg, so Summer dove around the flashing hooves to make his own grab at the animal. His jaws landed upon the lower part of the doe's neck, claws digging into her shoulder to hold on for deer (lulz) life.

With the combined weight of the wolves, the deer's strength gave out and it came tumbling to the ground. Summer kept his hold tightly, unwilling to give it the chance to escape. Vienna or Amekaze would surely make the killing bite soon, but until then Summer was going no where.

</style>
350 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
wrapping it up. Slight power play of Ame, if that's not ok let me know!

Vienna's teeth sank in deeper and she lowered herself almost to the ground, attempting to avoid the brunt of the deer's other hind leg. A few blows had glanced off her side, but she had managed to avoid the hoof that could do the damage by sticking to the outside.

Then it was over. The killing blow, delivered by Amekaze, caused the deer to drop, and as she felt to go slack she let go, elated that they had a prize. It did not look as though they would be going home with two deer today, but she didn't mind. They had increased their chances by going for two without dividing their number too heavily.

She stepped away from the kill, knowing that the others would do the same. It was Ferdie's privelidge to eat first, as well as her brother. The rest they would store away for hard times ahead. Her blood was still rushing after the hunt... It felt so good to be a part of something bigger again.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
s'all good. WRAPPIN' UP and i'll award your exp shortly (assuming i figure out how LMAO)

Bodies came together and the hunt reached its climax with her teeth digging deep -- the killing blow dealt. The rush of success followed, as did blood from the prey while her own heart pounded. She soon slowed up, hearing her fellow wolves do the same, to watch the beast crumple to its knees and experience its last seconds.

And so, together they fed as she hoped that this would be the first of many successes to come their way in weeks and months to follow.