Hoshor Plains And admit that the waters around you have grown
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
All Welcome 
For @Ira
set shortly after this thread

Their missing leaders had been one of many anxieties that plagued the healer since they had been forced from their home. She worried about what their absence meant and what would happen if they didn't return. She was incredibly uncomfortable being in the plains where their borders weren't marked to keep strangers away from her children. They were close enough still to Moonspear that she feared someone might find them; the thought kept her up at night, and she was afraid to leave her children alone for very long. But she needed to check on Ira and Evergreen to make sure they were okay. The reopening of the caves meant her herb den was now available, but her supplies had already been dwindling, and she hadn't been able to find much else, which meant she would have to use what she had left very sparingly; she hated to do that, but she had no choice. 

Ira was the first leader she sought out, and she traveled across the dying grasses of the plains, hoping to find her at least resting. She obviously hadn't yet been able to instruct the Constable on how she would best heal, but she hoped she wouldn't find her pushing herself more than she should.
lift me higher, let me look at the sun
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Sorry this took a while aaa thanks for starting

Much to the healer's luck, the constable had not wandered far. After she escaped from the caves and rested, she desired to return to her duties, however the several attempts to even scout the area proved to be too much for her. As much as she hated it, she had taken to eating from the small cache the pack had filled and lounging her time away if she was not asleep. It was, for a lack of words, boring. She prayed that her leg healed soon, as Kaistleoki needed her now more than ever.
#DAA520 , pawprintIra's Playlist  3/20*, * = incomplete threads
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
Much to her relief, she found the Constable resting. Speedy worried greatly about her ability to offer the appropriate aid with such a sad supply herbs, but she brought what she could spare: some willow bark and a small amount of dried marigolds. The flowers had grown in large numbers near the river throughout the summer and early fall, so she had collected quite a few, but even that supply was getting low. Preventing infection was most important, so she tried to use the flowers only as needed. Not knowing the extent of Ira's injuries, the healer had brought some of the plant just in case. She dipped her head in greeting as she came to a stop at the Constable's side. She dropped her bundle of herbs and her eyes were immediately drawn to the swollen leg. She winced. Are you able to put any weight on your injured leg? If it was broken, things could get dicey; she didn't have everything she would normally use to treat a broken limb, and her worry increased. She would certainly try her best, though. And how much pain are you in? How do you feel? Nauseous? Tired? the questions came out quickly as her gaze roamed over the leader's various cuts and scrapes. She took a seat and waited, falling silent, ready to think through a plan of action once Ira's answers provided her with more information.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
An ear flicked back as the sound of footsteps approached. Ira's golden gaze, clearly exhausted, turned to Speedy as she approached. The constable seemed to offer a weak nod in response before she was quickly bombarded with questions. No, weight on that leg is rather painful. I try to not move it, but there's still a dull reminder even if it's still.

Ira glanced at the small pile the healer had brought. She was no expert, but it didn't seem like a lot. If they were low on herbs as well as food, winter would certainly be rough. I'm hungry, but we are all suffering right now. When I do move I can feel the sting along my hindquarters, but I don't really notice much in comparison to my leg.

The roan woman curled to look back at her wounds. I'm holding on, but I won't lie that I try to sleep through it all. I keep waiting for things to get better, but if I can't get on my paws winter will ravage this pack...how bad does it look?
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
Worry spiked in the healer; she couldn't put any weight on the injured leg. That along with the considerable swelling led Speedy to conclude that it was most likely broken. Broken bones were tricky; the pain was hard to manage and they took a long time to heal. But she was hungry, which was a good thing, and she didn't seem to show any signs of infection yet, which meant the healer could hopefully deter that. The worry in the Constable's words squeezed her heart. Sleeping is good, she started, picking up the willow bark and setting it in front of Ira. Here, eat this; it will help some with the pain. I have something stronger, but I'm afraid Dragomir used up most of my supply, so we'll have to be sparing with it. And I'll bring you something to eat as soon as I'm done treating your wounds, she continued. You need to eat as much as possible; you'll only slow the healing process if you don't. 

The leader wanted to know how bad her condition was, and Speedy glanced at her leg, her mouth tightening a little in worry. She debated briefly with whether or not to tell her the whole truth but decided against keeping anything from her; she seemed like someone who would appreciate her telling it like it is. Your leg is probably broken, she started. I won't lie to you; it's a hard injury to heal from, but it is doable. It will take time and you must do as I tell you. Any deviation from her instructions could set everything back. And even healed, there is a high possibility that your leg will never be the same. But I can hopefully get it back to functional. She sighed. Whatever has affected the prey and caused the land to shake has also affected the plants. My supplies are low, but I can make do with what I have. As long as no one else got seriously injured over the winter. She tried not to think about how highly unlikely that was and focused on the task at hand instead. You need to rest and eat and please try not to worry so much. I'll do my best to help out wherever I can. She was spreading herself thin, she knew, but she had no choice. 

Most of your other injuries are just superficial, but I am going to apply a poultice to the deeper wounds so they don't get infected. Normally, I would clean and redress them every day, but I don't have enough plants for that. So, we'll do it every three days and just keep an eye on them. She picked up the flowers and began to chew them. She glanced to the Constable, seeking permission to apply the mashed plants to her wounds. Assuming she was granted what she asked, she got to work on the lacerations, applying the poultice to the ones that needed it the most. She hated having to work under such restrictions, but there wasn't anything she could do about it.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The Constable's face scrunched at the news. Her odds for a perfect recovery didn't sound the most promising and that wasn't exactly comforting. She had asked for the truth though and that's what she got. Ira had no room for cushioning with the pack's current state and if that meant she might have some difficulty later, so be it. She would face that hurdle when she reached it. Ira gave a nod allowing the healer to do her thing and treat the wounds, wincing slightly as the pulp was applied.

I appreciate your words Speedy and I hope I might be on my feet soon enough to repay you. How long does a broken leg take to heal? If we are going to be in the plains for a while we should start marking borders. If we don't start rebuilding now the pack will fall apart by our first snow. Her odds of getting over a mountain in winter with a broken leg failed to bring any comfort too. surely Speedy felt the same with her pups. This wasn't exactly the safe home she imagined for winter, but there was no time to go back now.
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
I'm sorry, she said, her own face twisting in pain when she caught a glimpse of Ira's pain. She quickly finished applying the mass of plants to the wounds she deemed most worrisome and then took a step back. Okay, all done, she said gently. 

Speedy shook her head. You don't have to repay me; it's my job to help you heal. She was incredibly worried about being here on the plains. They were a little too close to Moonspear for comfort, and she feared one of them happening across their weak borders or one of her children wandering off and meeting the wrong wolf. But, she needed to focus on the things she could control, like helping Ira and helping the pack get more settled since it seemed like they would be here for a while now that their leader needed time to heal. It will be a long healing process. A couple moons before you can start short periods of easy exercise. And then probably even longer before you're back to normal activity. It was not the news she wished to deliver, but she needed to be honest with the Constable about what the next half a year of her life would be like. It was not a good time for such a debilitating injury, but once again, she had no control over that; she could only control how the healing progressed. 

Don't worry about the borders; I'll make sure they get marked and strengthened, she promised. She would patrol herself and ask the other members for help. She would do her best to keep the Constable's stress and worry over pack matters to a minimum.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Ira's golden gaze moved to the mashed plants that had been applied as Speedy stepped back. She couldn't really say she enjoyed random mashes in her pelt, but if it helped her heal faster, she would take it. A low hum hit her throat at the healer's response. It certainly wasn't good news, but she'd rather hear that then a buffer of false hope. I see. I'll do my best to recover quickly then.

The constable sighed but offered a small smile to Speedy as thanks. It's truly appreciated, Speedy. I would have preferred our first winter to take place by the river, but we will just have to make due. How are the pups?
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
Speedy nodded. And I'll do whatever I can to help you, she reassured. She would do what she could with the resources available to help the Constable heal as quickly as possible. 

The healer shook off the thanks; she never expected any gratitude in return for her help. She healed because she wanted to help ease any pain she could, and she never needed anything in return. Concern spread over her face at the mention of her children. They're okay—a little shaken up from the events of the move. She released a soft sigh. I worry about how safe they'll be here, though, she added quietly. Obviously, there wasn't much she could do to change the situation except try and make things as stable here as possible, but she still worried greatly.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Ira did not need a verbal answer, the look on the healer's face was enough to confirm her suspicions. It seemed everyone wished to be back by the river, and the Constable could not blame them. For now though, they just had to make due. When they were back on their feet, Kaistleoki could look to the river once more for protection and hope their land healed in their disappearance.

I understand. The kids will always take priority. Once we are able, Kaistleoki will ensure a safe home for their future. I will not keep you from them any longer, your service is greatly appreciated.With her leg properly treated, Ira rested her head at her paws certain that KO's medic would take off for some much-needed rest.