Stone Circle you'll want all my broken parts, they complete my puzzle nonetheless
128 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Joining 
Awol's eyes almost betrayed him as he finally arrived to scent border. The sky was cloudy and grey. The young loner shivered. He was used to a somewhat full den with his littermates and caretaker, hunched up together. Even though his goal was to abandon his past life with his family, even the memories of foul, scalding breath and bitter snapping, and threads of curses could be reminisced. He could even argue it made him stronger and kinder than any other young wolves. 

He shook himself, the cold settling in firmly now. Call it melancholic, but he waited for the numbness to begin. He cleared his throat with a few forced coughs, and pointed his head up to the sky. The moon radiation it's milky white light on his figure, he released a howl to notify any wolves in the area.

That Awol was near.
place holder
[Image: ezgif-7-849c01d20f4e.gif]
common & german 
currently without memories, has a huge head scar of a four pointed star
on left side of head and one lip scar under left eye.

❛i'm an ungodly man, so i'll take the chance.❛
109 Posts
Ooc —
The earth was silent for now and the female took the time to get her patrols done today and perhaps find a mouse or something to fill her stomach for a few days longer. She was a bit on edge however do to the quakes and stood away from the wolf she came across. "Hello, you are at Easthollow borders. Can I help you?" She asked
128 Posts
Ooc —
Away
I hope you can. I'm Awol, I came from the east. I left the company of my family to find a real pack to join, he explained. He unconciously stepped a bit closer to study the stranger's features. She looked a bit older than he, and her eyes emitted softness. He was a bit suprised she didn't snap at him. Good grief, she even had asked, "Can I help you?"

No one has asked that question to him before. He might have came from a bad family, but they were veyr strict on their teachings of language and other things at a fairly early point in puphood. But he had never been thought this, and had to grasp the very concept himself. He relaxed.

What is your family like? Do they all talk as kindly as you? Obviously, he did not realize the bluntness of his words. It almost came off as an insult.
place holder
common & german 

"The mountains do not break to the wind nor does the sky change for a single individual."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
Greyback, hearing the call of someone at the border, tossed his head back and heeded it with his own. He always made it known he meant business when he cast his own song into the air; going the extra mile to make it as loud and deep as possible for all to hear. It rattled the animals around him, echoing past the lands and casting them out in fear of such a predator every time. Something he took deep pride in.

This was his home. Easthollow. And if anyone had even an inkling of a thought to think they could cross them Greyback would make sure they knew what lied ahead.

As he came upon the border he took in the familiar sight of Kiran, her fur a contrast a white against the darkened world. He would have to give her his dues for being late. She was a good packmate. Dependable.

As for the other figure, he guessed they were the one that called, and with a steady stride he made his way over with a raised tail and alert posture. As always, he kept a stone-cold facade for those he did not know and towered above them in size and strength with a dark, unreadable gaze. The wind whipped his fur behind him, sending the thick trails of fur into whisps around him. Perhaps if the sun was shining it would have cast a horrible shadow upon the youth.

"We are kind to those who are deserving, young one. Who might you be?" he asked.

128 Posts
Ooc —
Away
The white stranger had not yet answered his question before he had heard something. A howl, more like a song, cast its deep tones into the sky, and then some. Never, had the young loner heard such a howl. Howling was an inherited attribute to him, if you were wolf who couldn't howl, you were better off not being a wolf at all. But he never perceived it as an art, and as he pricked his ears listening to the loud melody, he knew his howls were put to shame.

Awol's crisp amber-gold like eyes were widened in awe at the mammoth he then regarded soon after. All of his attention off the white shewolf, he studied the grey giant. A symbol of pure masculinity, scars slashed over his muzzle and a larger one painted over his left shoulder's muscle. The newest stranger held an alert posture, his large tail raised. 

"We are kind to those who are deserving, young one. Who might you be?" he asked.

Awol chose his words kindly. This must be the leader of the pack or at the very least a very respected figure among it. My name is Awol. I have traveled from the east, leaving my family, he spoke clearly with a respectful, even tone. He cast a nervous side glance to the white wolf. I didn't really tell her this, but my family is very unstable, and we are falling apart. My mother treated us illy, and I left their company for a real life, or even a real pack. Winter is coming very soon, sir. You might have noticed, but I'm not exactly a seasoned hunter, he explained. 

He adressed his shoulder scar with his nose. My mother gave this to me, it doesn't really mean anything, he muttered with an edge to his voice. I was hoping to possibly...join? I-I know I'm not the oldest wolf you've ever seen, but I can learn. I'm very resourceful foodwise too! I honestly don't know if I can go back home at this rate...

It was no lie. He was very hungry eating off whatever he could scavenge on his way here. But he couldn't let any of that show know. This was a moment of truth.
place holder
common & german 

"The mountains do not break to the wind nor does the sky change for a single individual."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
permission to skip kiran was given!

Greybacked watched the youths awe through a half lidded gaze. And when he spoke, Greyback was slightly surprised by his even tone. Many others seemed to cower, bow even in his presence— but not this lad. He held himself steadfast, something that the Patriarch had yet to decide if it was stupid or brave.

He listened to the boy—Awol's story, and as he went on Greyback felt a pit of sympathy deep within his heart. He couldn't bare the thought of hurting his children, raising them up such a fashion that would surely cripple them for years to come. But this whelp, this yearling, admitted to running away and Greyback thought, perhaps once more, that was a smart idea or a stupid one.

"Im saddened to hear your story, young Awol." He started, his voice still deep and flat, accompanied with a stone expression. "But Winter is coming, as you said yourself—And my mate and I cannot spare our prey for anyone else; We have our own mouths to feed." He shook his head. He wouldn't tell this stranger that they are on the brink of starvation, hindered by the earthquakes that drove everything but themselves out.

"Go North of here. There is a pack, Lost Creek hollow. Perhaps they could take you in." And with that the giant turned to leave, his tail flicking behind him. He didn't spare anymore glances to the boy or Kiran, but did stop in his tracks for a final bidding. "I pray that you'll find a better life."

128 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Thank you both for the roleplay session! I have an idea for his future plot now. ^^

His reply had been given. The giant grey stranger had taken his leave. Awol was not deeply saddened, but he wasn't happy either. He respected the descision of the wolf, and took his note to travel north. He nodded his head to Kiran is slight thanks and tread briskly away. He would not travel to Lost Creek Hollow, though. Awol was marveled by the man's howl, and he radiated regalness. Awol wanted to be like him. He wouldn't grow to his stature, no. But he would come back, possibly in the spring or summer, whatver was best. He wanted t show when he grew, that he had learned, that he could hunt. Awol was a stubborn boy, and would not - absolutely could not settle for anything less. He would follow the path of the lone wolf, and become the mst valued and repscted wolves among any he came across.

He had heard the song of a male siren. And he was permanently drawn to it.
place holder
common & german