Brecheliant
Family
a hundred mini dreams and a healing scar ♥
2,110 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Medic
Master Midwife
Master Sitter
Daddy asked what Towhee did think of Eljay in a way that Eljay found hard to decipher. He couldn't quite tell whether his father was being a protective father here or the complete opposite, who thought his son was exaggerating. It wouldn't surprise Eljay if it was the latter, considering he knew he was a lot more susceptible to these things and a lot of it was gut feeling, too. However, he didn't feel it was very surprising he and Towhee weren't alike in any way and that she might not respect him. It didn't surprise Eljay, at least, and neither did he blame her for it, just like he had never blamed Nightjar who had actually teased him (and whose teasing Eljay perhaps projected onto Towhee's impatience with his feelings at times); but it did worry him.

I don't know, he said eventually, even though he had a lot of suspicions. But the truth of the matter was that he didn't know, and maybe that was why it made him so nervous. She doesn't usually talk about feelings. After a short pause, he added: But I can see that she doesn't like me, or maybe even kinda wishes I wasn't there. And if Eljay was honest with himself, he had at times had the same feelings, because he could not deal with Towhee well all the time, either. And I don't blame her, or anything, I just -- what if it makes Elfie feel the same?

Or worse, What if Elfie already felt the same and his feelings are confirmed by Towhee? Dad said that he didn't think Towhee would make Elfie lose respect for him. Eljay didn't think that she'd intend to, maybe, but that didn't mean it wouldn't happen. What if it happens even if she doesn't mean it, just because they would talk about what they both don't like about me?
Messages In This Thread
thick water - by Eljay - November 13, 2019, 08:57 AM
RE: thick water - by Elwood - December 08, 2019, 09:31 PM
RE: thick water - by Eljay - December 24, 2019, 06:52 AM
RE: thick water - by Elwood - December 31, 2019, 10:09 AM
RE: thick water - by Eljay - January 10, 2020, 05:15 AM
RE: thick water - by Elwood - January 19, 2020, 08:21 PM
RE: thick water - by Eljay - January 27, 2020, 08:21 AM
RE: thick water - by Elwood - February 02, 2020, 08:51 AM
RE: thick water - by Eljay - February 11, 2020, 07:21 AM
RE: thick water - by Elwood - February 22, 2020, 11:25 PM
RE: thick water - by Eljay - February 24, 2020, 03:06 AM