Emberwood I realize your laugh is the best sound.
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
It wasn't surprising that Awol wanted to help her. He was a kind sort of fellow, and seemed to take his duties seriously. If he hadn't been so devoted to becoming a scout then he would have made a fine counsellor, she thought; always eager to help those of the wood, and especially herself. These were the kinds of people Ibis had grown up around and she hoped the the Emberwood would facilitate the same sort of culture that Elysium once carried; they would not be a sanctuary like the Willows, but that didn't stop them from being kind and compassionate to those that might need them.

She was glad for the company. He expressed the desire to hang around her so that she wouldn't be lonely, and Ibis laughed softly. I don't think it's possible to be lonely anymore, what with all these friends. But I appreciate it. I'd love to walk with you. Together they could investigate the woods and find the best routes for patrols, or the best spots to one day allocate as caches, and whatnot. It was a lot of work for one person.

His comment about Okeanos stung a little but, it did not show on her face. Ibis was gradually learning how to control her emotions. She still felt them keenly, sometimes so strongly that she'd have to hide away to feel them in private, but.. For now, all was well. We're friends after all, right? Awol queried after his offer was made, and Ibis nodded, stating emphatically: Of course we are friends! And thank you, I appreciate the offer.

She booped him again and then began to prance away, but not so fast that he couldn't catch up and walk alongside her if he wanted to. As she went she took a long, deep breath. The air was so crisp here, so clean! How long before the acrid stench of the marsh mud would be gone from her - and would she notice? As she exhaled her breath she sighed, So, what sort of questions?
Messages In This Thread
I realize your laugh is the best sound. - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 14, 2019, 06:13 PM
RE: I realize your laugh is the best sound. - by Alheis - November 14, 2019, 06:24 PM
RE: I realize your laugh is the best sound. - by Alheis - November 14, 2019, 07:00 PM
RE: I realize your laugh is the best sound. - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 14, 2019, 07:08 PM
RE: I realize your laugh is the best sound. - by Alheis - November 14, 2019, 07:20 PM
RE: I realize your laugh is the best sound. - by Alheis - November 14, 2019, 07:43 PM
RE: I realize your laugh is the best sound. - by Alheis - November 14, 2019, 08:37 PM
RE: I realize your laugh is the best sound. - by Alheis - November 15, 2019, 06:52 AM
RE: I realize your laugh is the best sound. - by Alheis - November 17, 2019, 08:56 PM