Stavanger Bay Bless this morning year
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
He's looking for @Ragnar and/or @Thistle Cloud but anyone's welcome. I'll be power playing Junior.

After breakfasting and making sure the pack wouldn't fall apart in his absence, Peregrine collected an energetic Osprey Jr. and set out from the foot of the plateau. The two loped along the river, heading northwest into Ravensblood Forest. From there, the young Warrior recognized where she was and took the lead. She'd make a good Outrider, Peregrine thought as he glided along behind her. He knew she'd been exploring the possibility lately and smiled admiringly.

She reached the bay's borders and sent up a howl several seconds before he caught up with her. Peregrine nipped Osprey's ear affectionately, then turned speculative eyes upon his surroundings. He'd met Ragnar briefly once before—when the northern male had come to the plateau to inform Peregrine of his brother's misdeeds—and he idly wondered if the Alpha male's pups might accompany him in response to Junior's call. Peregrine halfway expected the entire family to come running, eager to see young Osprey again.
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
<style type="text/css"> r1 {color:#5e6d7c; font-size: 10px;} .r1box {background-color: #0b0c14; width: 500px; margin: auto; background-image: url('http://i.imgur.com/TdbsUHq.png'); background-repeat: no-repeat; border: 1px solid #4b4e55; outline: 10px solid #1f2633;} .r1text {margin: auto; width: 350px; color:#313d4a; text-indent: 15px; font-family: georgia; line-height: 15px; font-size: 10px; text-align: justify; padding-left: 20px; padding-right: 20px; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 420px; margin-bottom: 30px;}</style>

Ragnar had been relatively close to Junior's position when the young girl's howl rose into the air, making it easy to alter his course to her direction. He was surprised to hear her voice and a little saddened that she had went back to her family despite that he knew it was what was best for her. Knowing what was best for the young Shield Maiden did not lessen the ferocity in which he missed her any. Perhaps it wouldn't have been so bad if he'd gotten a proper chance to say goodbye to her, which he felt a little irked at her mother Hotguy about (since Tokio assumed that Thistle told Ragnar everything). After all, they had found her, fed her, kept her safe, and grown fond of her during her stay in the Bay. Did he not deserve a chance to at least say goodbye to his foster child despite how temporary she had been in their family?

Despite his feelings about it he tucked them away and approached the scene, eyes of Caribbean ice falling upon Junior first with a soft fondness before they flickered to the dark male that stood near her. He did not recall his name but he recognized him as Crete's brother and the Alpha Male of Blacktail Deer Plateau. “Hello Junior,” Ragnar greeted the girl with a soft smile playing at the edges of his lips, glad to see her again even if he suspected it was on a temporary basis. Ragnar drew to a stop and turned his eyes to Peregrine then and spoke, “I can see the resemblance between you two now, if I had realized that she belonged to you I would have taken her to you personally.” He had been secretly hoping she had decided to stay in the Bay but things had not happened like that. Ragnar still wasn't so sure that Junior wasn't a gift from Odinn but that was a thought he was not inclined to share.

I was a rover, an outrider, a silver tongued devil. I was inflicted and I was broken. I've been many things.
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
I still don't know the outcome of Thistle and the cougar sooo You can assume if it fits your needs that she was knocked unconscious and Ragnar found her.

Gunnar or Tveir had heard his foster sister's call and ignoring his mother he ran towards Junior as fast as his little pudgy legs could go. The light brown fur of his paws and mask contrasting starkly with the dark brown of his fur and his slate grey eyes. He skidded to a halt and slipped between his father's legs to stand underneath him and look at her Hiya Junya! He giggled then and leaned against his father's foreleg happy to see his foster sister. He studied the other male closely he had his brother's pelt color, it was weird to him to see such a color on a grown wolf. He was going to say something, but some thing akin to self preservation kept him from opening his mouth.
<i>Set and Avatar from JAVA</i>
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
The instant Ragnar materialized, Junior burst into motion, running to greet the white wolf. She bounded upward, nipping and licking at his chin, before whirling to pounce at the dusty pup that tagged behind him a moment later. Peregrine regarded this reunion with a small smile playing about his lips. It was evident to him that Osprey had been well loved during her stay here at the bay.

Ragnar came forward and spoke first. Peregrine lowered his head respectfully and answered, "I have no doubt of that. I came here to thank you and your wife for looking after my little girl. I don't think I know the words to express the depth of my gratitude to your pack and family. We..." He glanced sideways to make sure the two pups were distracted. They were busy wrestling. "We thought she was dead. We even found remains. Her return was a miracle for us."

The dark Alpha glanced at the children again. "Is that your son?" He hesitated, knowing that the little boy was almost certainly Crete's biological child. "They are cousins," he observed quietly, his eyes flicking back to Ragnar's face without meeting his eyes directly. "Is your wife around as well? I know she was there for the confrontation with the cougar. I wanted to make sure she was all right and thank her personally. I know Junior wants to speak to her too."
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria

Ragnar smiled affectionately at Junior as the child rushed towards him, peppering his chin with licks and nips, feeling Tveir lean against one of his forelegs as Junior paid him attention allowing Ragnar's attention to go to fully to Peregrine when the Readleaf-DiSarinno spoke to him. “I did what any father would have done,” Ragnar spoke to Peregrine lowering his already soft voice just in case the children happened to be paying more attention than they let on though he doubted it. At Peregrine's question regarding Tveir, Ragnar's gaze went to the child that resembled Thistle the most though none of the three children resembled him, which was, of course, expected considering the children were not his by blood. “That is Tveir,” Ragnar introduced the second born to Peregrine wondering if the other man could see Crete in the child. A confirmation soon followed when Peregrine spoke quietly that they were cousins and Ragnar spoke a redundant, “Yes,” despite that it had not been a question.

It was lucky that Ragnar did not have to ask Peregrine to specify which wife he meant because it was obvious enough to Ragnar considering Thistle was the only wife Junior and Peregrine knew of. “Yes, she is still healing from the cougar,” And she wasn't very happy with him currently but he did not confide that to Peregrine. He would call for her if her presence was insisted upon but for the moment Ragnar suspected she did not want much to do with him and in that was avoiding him. He couldn't know for sure but he had a suspicion at the very least.

I was a rover, an outrider, a silver tongued devil. I was inflicted and I was broken. I've been many things.
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Tveir grew bored with the grownups talking and pushed his body forward to pounce on Junior in play. Staying far away from the other wolf, because he didn't know him and he and his daddy were talking anyway. What was the point of listening when it wasn't about fighting or protecting or fun stuff.

Tveir hadn't seen much of his mom in a few days, but he saw the new female that smelled like his dad and he didn't like it. He'd stare at her sometimes, and he refused to talk to anyone, not really sure what was going on except that it was big and possibly bad and it made him nervous.
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
We can sort of put this on hold until Danni's ready to involve Thistle, if that's okay. I don't think Perry or Junior would leave without being able to see her. :)

Ragnar's comment made Peregrine wonder what he'd do if he found a pup somewhere near his territory. Would he immediately take it under his wing? He wasn't sure, though he made no reply to the white king's statement. Peregrine was simply infinitely grateful that Osprey had fallen under the care of a man who had taken in a wayward puppy rather than leave her to die on the riverbank. He shuddered.

"Tveir," Peregrine repeated. When Ragnar confirmed the children's relationship, Peregrine mused inwardly, He's my nephew then too. He blinked at the cinnamon child, seeing no resemblance to Crete. His eyes quickly cut back in Ragnar's direction.

"Is she hurt badly?" he asked out of genuine concern. "Would it be poss—" Before he could finish his sentence, Junior bounded between the two adults and shouted, "I wanna see Thistle! Can you take me to see her? I didn't even get to say bye!" She paused, then whispered loudly, "Is she mad at me... 'cause I didn't say bye?"
I want the part of you that you refuse to give. *anonymous*
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Here i don't know when that thread is going to be finished if at all so i'll just shoot Laksha a message telling her to knock Thistle out...then ragnar or nerian or whomever can find her unconscious....i owe hawkeye a thread before it too. so for now just assume she had been unconscious and someone found her? because a concussion usually only lasts a day or two so it won't mess with my other threads that i have going on...

Thistle cloud heard the call and though she didn't want to go she watched as Tveir had departed and it made her follow him behind. Her head still ached a little bit and she didn't want to really talk to anyone, but she had heard junior's voice and having had them leave quickly and then well she didn't remember much else from that. She walked towards the borders slowly. She slid next to Ragnar her flank touching his mostly to keep from falling more than anything with dizziness, but to look you wouldn't know it.

She spoke softly her voice grating in her head Hello I'm Thistle Cloud.And no little one i am not mad at you. She thought about adding her last name, but it was too much to repeat really in all honesty at the moment with head aching like it did.
102 Posts
Ooc —
Ein, who had also heard the call of Junior, ran to meet him as well, although he was a little late to the greeting. Finding that his brother was already there Ein would huff, he should have been here first. He would walk toward his parents first to greet them properly, before turning to see Junior and his brother. Pouncing on Junior quickly, which was the only real way to greet a friend was it not? Although he would turn to his brother seeing an even easier target.
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria

“I do not think so but I am no healer,” Ragnar confessed to Peregrine with a sheepish twist of his lips, the scars that riddled his body did not speak of a man who saved lives but rather of one that took them. Perhaps that was his initial attraction to Thistle and Nerian both healers. They were the givers of life to his pariah reaper the scarred Scandinavian was. Ragnar glimpsed down at Junior when she bounded between them and shouted loudly that she wanted to see Thistle. Ragnar's lips had parted to tell her that Thistle was still healing from the cougar but the words ceased their journey to his lips when he felt Thistle slide against him, leaning into him slightly. The Viking's head moved to his right to nip affectionately at her cheek knowing that he was nothing more than her crutch currently. She might have been madder at him than a wet hornet but he still loved her and he was not ashamed to show her, to prove it to her.

“My love this is Peregrine,” Ragnar introduced, hoping that Peregrine didn't mind and half had the notion to add 'Crete's brother' but the resemblance was there so Ragnar figured it needed no introduction. “He is the Alpha Male of Blacktail Deer Plateau and as you can see Junior's father.” Ragnar glimpsed down when Eirikr too jumped into the little gathering they had going on. He glimpsed around for his daughter but she did not appear and he figured she was probably with Nerian. “This one is Ein,” Ragnar introduced to Peregrine. “Children,” Ragnar called for Ein and Tveir's attention. Segja halló til Peregrine Ragnar encouraged them, speaking to his sons in his native tongue inclining his head towards the guest the boys had yet to acknowledge. “It is rude to ignore a guest at our borders, remember?” He reminded them in a softly reprimanding tone.

865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Gunnar laid ear's to head and backed away from his foster sister. He looked up at his father and then back down. "Fyrirgefðu föður ég gleymt" Then he perked ears forward and spoke, I'm sorry sir, I Tveir, is nicetameetcher mistae Peregwine. He backed up and leaned against his father's foreleg again as his foster sister was happier to lick his mom than anything else really.

He watched the goings on from the perch against his father with wide eyes, happy to be included.
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
"Junior," Peregrine reprimanded gently, shooting Ragnar an apologetic look even if he was sure the scarred male didn't mind the girl's antics. The puppy didn't pay him a lick of attention, of course, especially when a pretty she-wolf shuffled onto the scene with Junior's mini-me tagging along not far behind. Before she even introduced herself, Peregrine intuited that this was the wolf of the hour.

Even as Osprey Jr. squealed and littered Thistle with apologetic licks, Ragnar spoke, introducing his mate and children. Peregrine nodded to all of them, though his eyes fastened on the careworn female. "You saved my daughter's life twice," he said, having gleaned this knowledge from Osprey's account of her misadventures. "I don't know how to thank you but to say... thank-you, from the bottom of my heart." He spoke gruffly. It wasn't often that Peregrine found himself indebted to strangers. In fact, it had never happened before.

"It seems you have a thriving family here," Peregrine noted. "What is it you call your pack, Ragnar?" He paused, allowing the Scandinavian a moment to answer, then glanced at Osprey and said, "I want you and your family to know you're welcome to call on Junior at the plateau's borders. And she has my permission to visit, as long as it's all right with you and yours," he added, much to Osprey's wiggling delight. "I believe she has come to think of you as a second family, so it's the least I can do to... share her with you," Peregrine finished, his lips twitching slightly.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle listened to him her ears perked forwards a little unnerved by the color of his pelt, so much like Ein and Crete. She wanted to cry a little bit, mostly because she felt terrible, having realized she had hardly spared her children's biological father with a thought since Ragnar.

Thistle spoke softly Just pay someone else back with kindness and that is all the thanks i'll need. Thistle's ears went back when he spoke of sharing, touching a chord in her chest not yet healed, she wasn't even sure if it would ever be, but she didn't say anything, just gave him a soft smile.
102 Posts
Ooc —
Ein lowered his head slightly as Ragnar reprimanded the two pups slightly, "Fyrirgefa mér föður, mun það ekki gerast aftur." He would say, hoping his father was not angry. Turning to the wolf he had originally ignore, Ein bowed his head, "I am sorry, my name is Ein." He would stand between the three adults and sit on his hind legs facing the older male. Noticing Junior's excitement to see his mother, although he would look up at his father and then to the older male waiting to see what would happen next.
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria

Við gleymum ekki börn. Virðing er mikilvæg. Jafnvel óvinir okkar verðskulda það. It was a soft chide in his native tongue, but also an important life lesson all in one neat little package. He would repeat it to them as often as needed to make sure that he drilled it into their heads. As their father, it was his job to make sure they were better men than he, even if, Floki's cryptic warning ended up being true; that one day he would hate them for being better than he. Even so, then he had completed his job as their father. Appeased when both of his sons greeted Peregrine in turn, Ragnar allowed his attention to go back to the Plateau's Alpha Male when he spoke once more. “We are called Stavanger Bay,” The native Old Norse word rolled off his tongue easily, much more better than any common tongue word he spoke with his sometimes hindering accent.

“As she has became family to us,” Ragnar looked at Junior when he spoke that with a warm smile towards the little Shield Maiden in training. “Junior is always welcome here. I will be sure to let my wolves know that she has the freedom to come into our lands at her leisure,” It was a rare gift. An extremely rare gift coming from Ragnar who was assertively territorial. He trusted the girl not to abuse it. “We will be holding a festival of sorts soon, if Junior would like and it is okay with you, she is invited to join us.” If Peregrine inquired the nature of the festival Ragnar would be honest, just as he was with his wolves. That it required the sacrifice of a couple different animals (though he conventionality let out the wolf part intending to do that far away from pack lands despite that it would be a complete stranger he would offer). In the end, Ragnar was not willing to take from the Gods without giving something back in return.

865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Tveir listened but made no more comments or movements, preferring to just lean against his father and observe. It was interesting all the changes happening and though he wanted to rebel against it, he was slowly becoming accustomed to it. He tilted his head and listened he wagged his tail at the mention of a festival. Excited for it, even though he wasn't entirely sure what it was. Junya comin' to da febistal?
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
The strange tongue piqued Peregrine's interest, though he didn't comment on it. From Ragnar's tone and his two sons' reactions to his foreign words, the visiting Alpha understood the gist of it. He gave the young boys a smile to show that all was well. He tried to keep his heart objectively hardened to their presence, yet there was certainly a small part of him that could not forget that they were his nephews by blood.

Ragnar spoke of a festival, extending an invitation to Junior. "Oooh, I wanna go! I wanna go, dad! Can I go?" the youth in question cried out before Peregrine could even begin to form an opinion on the matter. To Ragnar, the small Warrior added, "What's a festival?" She looked to Gunnar too, as if her brother-of-sorts might also know.

"What sort of festival?" Peregrine complemented his daughter's question. He didn't see any reason why not, though if she were to attend something so important, he wanted to know the details, as her father. He might also request to attend alongside her, as her warden. "And when is it?" he added, as the word soon didn't tell him much. Not that there was much on his or Junior's schedule that might conflict with it.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle was fast becoming tired, her head still hurting and she leaned head against her husband debating whether or not she could leave without causing offense. She realized she probably couldn't so she straightened as best she could continuing ot use her husband as a prop, though she imagined she was probably getting heavy. She bent her head and licked the fur between both her son's heads, nuzzling each behind their ears. She smiled softly at them, and then looked back up. She did not know much about the festival, so she couldn't help her husband to explain.
102 Posts
Ooc —
Ein sat between his parents and the new male listening as best he could to what was being said. He much preferred Norse, but he listened respectfully just the way his father had taught him to. Hearing about the festival, his little tail would sweep back and forth, his excitement becoming evident. Ein's ears would perk forward as he waited for more information about the festival.
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria

Everyone was silent when Ragnar spoke of the Festival of Uppsalla, though this was because he was vague with the details of it to the children wanting them to experience it for themselves. Only Thistle knew the full extent of the Festival but she did not seem inclined to assist him in responding to Peregrine's fair question. Ragnar regarded that perhaps it was because it was from his culture and therefore it was his job to answer any queries made about it, as to which he was fine with. He had not ignored Tveir's question, instead figuring that in a few moments Peregrine would likely answer it for his second born. “It begins as a celebratory feast in the honor of my Gods,” Probably the most harmless part of the whole festival. “After the feast sacrifices of prey animals are made for each God to thank them for all that they have done for us and have given us. After that is done we share stories, some of the Gods, or legends. They don't have to be of my own Gods or legends,” Ragnar informed Peregrine honestly, wondering if the 'sacrifices' thing would be the point in which Peregrine drew the line. Most wolves around here, Ragnar had came to find, seemed skittish and squeamish to the idea.

“In Odinn's Cove the Festival of Uppsalla lasted for three days and anything less is an insult to the Gods, but this is the first time Stavanger Bay is holding anything like this, so I am going to see how well it is received by the members before I declare it a three day celebration.” Surely, the All-Father would understand. Sometimes, exceptions needed to be made and Ragnar did not always think Odinn as an unfair King. "A week from now at dusk." Ragnar spoke having decided on a date promptly, off the top of his head for Peregrine and Junior's sakes. Up until that point he had not had a set date for it.

865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Tveir realizing that his question would not be answered yet he sat down further between his father's legs and his tail played a tatoo on the ground. A small thump thump as he wagged it happily to be near his mother and father, his brother and his foster sister. Now only if Gyda were here it would be all good. He hoped that Junior could come to the feast he really did.
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Lol @ Ragnar choosing a date just for them... only for them to miss it!

Ragnar gave Peregrine a detailed description of the festival's purpose and the events which would take place. As a Gamekeeper, the idea of sacrificing small animals didn't really bother him, though the religious overtones made him slightly uneasy. He glanced at Osprey, who was looking back at him plaintively, silently begging for his permission to attend. The swarthy Alpha male shifted his weight, considering. Junior was still so young and impressionable. He wasn't sure about exposing her to religions—particularly those with some darker aspects—so early in life. He supposed it was already done, though, seeing as she'd spent the better part of a month with the Viking's family.

"We'll plan to attend," Peregrine said at length, causing Junior to squeal happily and joyfully tackle Tveir, gnawing on his ear. He briefly met Ragnar's eyes. "I would like to accompany my daughter if that's all right with you. I promise I'll—that we'll both—be respectful participants." He still didn't feel entirely certain, yet he saw how much it would mean to Ragnar et al, as well as Osprey Jr.

"For now, we'd better head back home. Thank-you again for all that you did for my daughter. I'm not really one for alliances, so I cannot extend an offer for such in good faith. However," Peregrine continued, "if you ever need anything, Ragnar and Thistle, you and your family are welcome to call upon me personally. Just ask for Peregrine Redleaf-DiSarinno. I will never forget what you've done for myself, my family and my daughter." Turning to her, he said, "Say goodbye for now. We'll see them all again soon."

Giving Osprey plenty of time to say her farewells, Peregrine collected his lookalike offspring and the two set off toward the plateau. Junior jabbered the entire way home. Once upon a time, it might have made him jealous to share his daughter's love with another family. Somewhere along the way, however, envy had seemingly dropped from his repertoire. He felt only warmth and joy as she regaled him with tales of the Vikings, their ways and her excitement over the upcoming festival. After all, if not for Ragnar and Thistle Loðbrók, Osprey Jr. wouldn't even be here.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle listened to them all, understanding the father's reservation about the religious overtone of their families festival. once upon a time Thistle had been the same, not so much now. He children would be vikings, all of them those she had now and those that she would have in the future. She tilted her muzzle to the leader of the plateau and her children's uncle, and spoke softly Thank you. She looked at her two boys Tveir, Ein tell Junior Goodbye, come you can see her later.

Then she stood a little straighter and turned towards home wondering if she could make it back again herself, she wasn't sure. She may have to ask her husband for help, as much as she didn't want to, still being a bit cross.
102 Posts
Ooc —
last post in this thread! Had fun!

Ein had listened to the adult conversation trying to understand whatever he could, what was a festival? In a week! Is it going to be fun? Ein was excited, and it was obvious on her pelt. He was just about to jump at the chance to ask his father a waterfall of question, but was held back by his mother calling him and his brother away. Ein was about to voice is protest at leaving, and would have if his father wouldn't have scolded him for disobeying his mother. With a pout firmly on his snout, Ein stepped forward, "Bye Junior. It was good to see you again."He nosed her slightly, before turning to his father, reaching up as high as he could Ein tried to nose his father in farewell, "Goodbye..." he said to their guest and Ragnar before following Thistle Cloud away from Junior and the adults.