Moonspear my throat feels raw from all this screaming
453 Posts
Ooc —
The sight of the herd awoke the dormant ancestral knowledge in Dragomir that already knew everything Hydra was telling them. He listened all the same, but the blood in his veins, the blood of thousands of wolves who came before, already knew. They needed the herd to run. An animal that large standing its ground was far too dangerous to take on even with many wolves, but a running herd showed its weaknesses. The old. The sick. The young and inexperienced. These were their best bets.

Hydra led them down among the herd. Dragomir circled to the right, breaking away from Osiris and the Alpha female with Isilmë close behind. His ears were pricked and his eyes alert as he scanned the fidgeting herd until finally their nerve broke and they began to run. The sound of their hooves on the icy ground beat a similar tattoo to his heart and he surged into motion, cantering leisurely behind them and waiting for an opening.

Hydra and Osiris tried their luck by testing one of the elk, which flew ahead and out of their range. No dice. Dragomir swung in to snap harmlessly at a younger elk's flank but it neatly stepped back in line with its fellows, bleating its alarm. In spite of the chaos unfolding his body knew exactly what to do; he swung out of the way last second when one chose to lower its head and swipe sidelong on the run, then fell back into pace with Isilmë, watching all the while for any faltering among the prey animals and any indication by his fellow hunters that they'd found their target.
Messages In This Thread
my throat feels raw from all this screaming - by Hydra - January 27, 2020, 09:20 AM
RE: my throat feels raw from all this screaming - by Hydra - February 03, 2020, 09:47 AM
RE: my throat feels raw from all this screaming - by Isilmë - February 12, 2020, 11:43 AM
RE: my throat feels raw from all this screaming - by Hydra - February 19, 2020, 11:10 AM
RE: my throat feels raw from all this screaming - by Dragomir - March 19, 2020, 02:03 PM