Neverwinter Forest We’re falling for pleasure
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
@Kratos and/or @Zephyr -- set.. The 9th or so?

Okay, things had settled down and he was basically just delaying going off on trip #2 because he didn't want to hear the answers. Well, turned out that eventually it wouldn't matter, but for now this was a nice excuse to go over and do other things since Kratos and Zephyr had to be mostly back to normal by now, right?

So, he went and was hunting them down. Exciting stuff there. He'd swung by where they'd been staying first, but neither had been there -- Mal must have had great timing -- so now he was on to the whole "wander around and hope to find a recent scent" stage of things. If he didn't find them, he'd loop by their spot again for a second pass. Calling was too easy, let's be real. He wanted to waste time, so this was the best way to waste it.
thoughts, they are like restless beasts in my head
time, it slowly kills me in my cold bed
· TW gore/yell
266 Posts
Ooc — mista
With new found freedom once more, the restless itch he has for venturing is overwhelming—Kratos bends to it’s will, striding about Neverwinter Forest and its surrounding territories as if he has a purpose to do so. There is no true goal to his wandering, however, other than seeing how much his body can take now.
Upon his wanderings, he’d spotted the merle Boss in the distance. Kratos the unsociable keeps his distance, yet amusement flickers as Mal continues to walk in circles—no doubt searching for something.
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Fortunately (or unfortunately for Kratos) having Mal never find him would make for a rather dull thread. So, as he looped back on his own trail, he did spot the hulking form of one of the two wolves he was seeking. Guess he couldn't waste too much more time unless he dragged out the conversation and Mal wasn't sure it was possible. 

Hey Kratos! he called, prowling over that way. Think you're all back in one piece? Found something out from one of our new allies that you might find interesting, but only if you're pretty much back to form. A grin at that. Well, he certainly hoped Kratos would find it interesting at least. It would fit with his skills as far as Mal knew. But at least if he wasn't interested, it wasn't a huge deal. The whole thing seemed relatively optional to start with.
· TW gore/yell
266 Posts
Ooc — mista
Yeah, unfortunately Mal spots him and zooms over like Kratos has a target on his back. It’s odd—he didn’t think that what he’s been looking for coulda been him. Pale gold eyes narrow.
Yeah, he says, rotating his shoulders. The sting along his back has dulled and the wounds are pretty much healed up at this rate. You find a healer?
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Kratos was an odd one. Certainly seemed moody, but Mal was never sure what exactly was the thing setting him off. Like why the frown for him showing up? Wasn't he allowed to go over and have a conversation with a packmate? Whatever. He continued without a blink, One for sure, and possibly another, yes, but that wasn't the thing. Aibreann would be the for sure case, and Cupid did seem to know his plants -- at least well enough to use them for himself. Seems like you successfully scared off Mango, so if you need further help, see if you approve? A tip of his head. With what happened at the borders it didn't seem likely that Zephyr was gonna go near Cupid

But on to the point, What I was looking for you for was one of the women from Yuelong -- a coastal pack -- she's trying to set up a sort of alliance-army thing. Her pack, Moonspear, us, whoever else she finds who wants in. Basically pool anyone who's wanting to defend their homes, work together, train together, and then if someone else shows up and tries to hurt any of our members, everyone makes sure the perpetrators are long gone, one way or another. Have nobody else hurt like you and Zephyr, or Phillip. Speaking of, where the hell did that kid go? Well, Mal would go take a look for him after this. A brief pause there, Since you're likely our most experienced fighter, and I know Zephyr mentioned you were training him, do you think either of you would be interested, or would you rather just stick around here? There was a part two of this set of questions, but hey, this was the far more outlandish bit of it. Heck, if he said no, might be easier to rope him into the second half.
· TW gore/yell
266 Posts
Ooc — mista
Kratos hadn’t frowned, but he also didn’t smile. It’s rare that he smiles at Zephyr, let alone anyone else, so it is just who he is as a person. He didn’t grow up in the nicest place, and sure, the same could be said for various wolves, but it also didn’t mean that he had to leap with joy at the sight of everyone either.
Fuck, he’s gone? I haven’t seen ‘em since the day he fucked up Zephyr’s leg and my back, so it wasn’t my doing. It’s more likely that something happened to Mango outside their door similar to the other’s. Maybe Mango wasn’t so lucky compared to them.
@Aibreann will likely get him as a pupil then. His feelings about Cupid are a mystery depending on a thread with Zephyr.
What Mal is actually after is soon laid out on the table in front of him—fortunately he answers most of the questions he has, like what the hell Yuelong is. So a mercenary group. He summaries, and Kratos is likely to play a part if it suits his fancy, but if it is strict upon rules, he’d just throw further wrenches.
Dunno, I’ll have to talk to him, he states with a shrug. His interest is far from obvious.
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Well, he had been kind of joking about it, but whatever. At least then he really didn't get devoured by Kratos or something? I saw him at the meeting, but when I got back from Moonspear, seemed like he'd been gone a while. I don't even know what way he left. There was only so much Mal could do to keep people safe -- they'd been warned, so leaving on their own was taking their safety in their own hands. But back to the... Dammit, what did she call it again? Whatever the hell the mercenary group thing was. Either way, if you guys want to be part of her little group, Ying said she could probably be called by going out to the field near here and calling from there.

Moving on to part two, I was also hoping you'd be interested in training as many wolves as you'd be comfortable with here -- I think most of us could at least use a bit of a refresher. Make it even less likely we'll have someone end up chewed on. Then they also wouldn't have to worry about Kratos wandering off like Zephyr had said he was apt to. Seemed like a win-win overall.

Only difficulty was both Kratos and Zephyr were soon to do a disappearing act. So much for all this, not that Mal knows.
· TW gore/yell
266 Posts
Ooc — mista
We could wrap this up if you want!

Oh, cool. So it wasn’t really his fault. He never knows how to take humor, especially when it comes from the Boss—much as he wanted Mango get shit on for nearly killing them both, he knew better than to react when he’s a packmate.
But right. Ying, field. Got it. He’ll remember.
Moving onto the last bit, Kratos supposes he could very well go about training folks. He did with Zephyr, his first time taking an apprentice. Funny how he went from being lone creep to dad training ducklings how to swim. Yeah, sure. I can train anyone who wants to learn.
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Yep! Pretty much can do so I think, either now or in your next post I guess.

Good, I'll point them your way then. But he wouldn't really get a chance, would he? At some point, everyone probably needs to be tested a little. But no rush there. Things were going to come together! Or so he thought. Get everyone shipshape so that no matter who showed up at the borders, everyone would be safe. It sounded great on paper, and as long as everything worked out, it would continue to be. And that was pretty much all Mal had to say for now. Once he was sure that was agreeable, they could continue on their respective ways.