Moonspear oh you get into my head, give me feelings that i won't forget
453 Posts
Ooc —
Dragomir walked just behind Hydra, both ears fixated on the Alpha female while his eyes continued scanning their surroundings. Every once in a while, he paused to re-mark a weaker part of the borders. He'd heard whispers and rumours of these recent events through the grapevine, but having the attack confirmed caused a heavy weight to settle in his gut. He couldn't say he knew Osiris or Dacio as anything more than passing acquaintances, but they were still pack and it still represented a threat to them all. Made sense why she wanted them to travel in pairs.

As for Merrick, Dragomir knew him as a man, not a boy, by the name Sanguinus. Not that Merrick had ever said as much, but Dragomir thought he recognized his attacker as Aurëwen's companion from when they crossed the mountains, and nothing had ever shaken his belief in that. Not even Vercingetorix's insistence than it couldn't be Sanguinus. So he didn't make the connection between his attacker and Osiris', though he knew plenty of Blackhead herself. My dad said she deliberately attacks babies, he pointed out, suppressing the urge to shudder. Makes sense her friends are the same.

He wasn't prepared for Hydra to ask what he thought they should do about it and even moreso that she thought he would make a good leader someday. She caught him off guard and he had to think about it longer than he liked. Unlike the majority of Moonspear, Dragomir was not a bloodthirsty or vengeful sort of wolf—even his childish wish to see Aurëwen dead so he could forget her abandonment had faded with time. Waging war neither occurred nor appealed to him. He didn't believe that fighting solved anything unless it was absolutely necessary, and leaving the mountain less defended to chase after rogues never would've seemed like a good idea to him, so it didn't cross his mind. Strengthen the mountain, move as pack, he said, and give them no reason to try again. Blackhead was insane, if reports were to be believed, but she and her other friends would have to be supremely stupid to attack a group of three or more wolves on their own.