Moonspear oh you get into my head, give me feelings that i won't forget
453 Posts
Ooc —
Dragomir thought of all these things differently. Hydra dreamed of retaliation, of putting the perpetrators in their place and flexing the mountain pack's muscles in the process. What better way to ward off outside threats than a unified show of force to make even the boldest of wolves think twice? But Dragomir had learned the hard way that violence begets violence, for if Vercingetorix hadn't sought to put down his attacker, perhaps he would still be alive to be proud of the young man his son was becoming. This would only be reinforced when Dacio succumbed to his injuries.

Violence begets violence, on and on in a cycle, and unless the chain was broken, there were no victors in that war.

There was some of Moonspear in him, however: he was too focused on his own life to care much for the plights of others. Maybe the criminals would find other wolves to prey upon, but as long as they weren't him or his packmates, what did it matter to Dragomir? If they choose not to listen and get hurt because of it, they were asking for it. That might be the only way for them to learn, Dragomir reasoned. If they'd listen in the first place then they'd eliminate the possibility. It was possible, he thought, that Moonspear's imperial shows in their adjacent territories invited such chaos. Wasn't it the way of a rebel to oppose authority at all costs? Then perhaps the attack on Osiris wasn't as random as it seemed, though he would never, ever blame the Ostrega or Dacio for it. Merely mull upon the possibility.

We should just make sure all of our wolves are too much of a match for them, was what he thought. If they go after wolves they think are weak, then we need to make sure everyone here is too strong for them to bother. Then they'll go away. There was, in his opinion, no need to waste energy hunting down wolves when they could use it instead to train their own.