Whitefish River and here we go, life's waiting to begin
I'M JUST A BELIEVER THAT THINGS WILL GET BETTER
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Stunned into silence, Evergreen’s eyes grow to the size of dinner plates. He slouches, looking as tiny as a man of his giantic size could—with round ears swerved back. His face overall looks to be slapped. The shock of the situation and her words takes him by surprise. He’d thought—
He thought a lot of things. At first, he’d hoped that Ira had been interested in him. Their relationship meant a lot, and she’d been the first source of stability in his life since Thistle exited it. Yet over time, the crush he had on her had been, well,  crushed. The day she took as him rejecting her was the day he thought she squashed his chances.
And then he got to know Winterbourne, and his life changed, his feelings grew—an uncontrollable garden that bloomed so tight in his chest that he thought he couldn’t breathe at points. A love impossible to drown, and a love that turned to be mutual.
He never thought he would ever be deserving of a relationship. Never thought anyone would love him, let alone two amazing people that have been important in his life.
Ira—Ira, I’m sorry, he whines. He feels like the most terrible, bad, awful person. A Grade-A Asshole. If he knew, if he wasn’t so stupid and didn’t live in his own bubble and ignore what he didn’t want to believe, he wouldn’t have ever dared to ask this of her.
I… I didn’t know. I thought…. I thought that day meant you couldn’t ever—ever see yourself with someone like me. That you thought it was absurd, but I was just… stupid huh. His gaze sinks. He doesn’t know what he could do to make this better—to fix the huge gaping wound that thrives in their hearts, and he knows Winterbourne has to witness this all—the breaking of the dams. Yet he wouldn’t have it without him, for if he wasn’t there to be a support that Evergreen could lean on, then he would have likely been unable to cough out any words at all.
I’m sorry… I—sniff—I wouldn’t have dared to ask that of you if I knew, I promise—sniff. I wouldn’t do that to either of you, he pauses, glancing at Winterbourne who he now fears he could lose too. He feels like he’s losing both of them in ways. Though he knew that he’s always been more deserving of being alone. Kaistleoki had been a fairy tale he wanted to believe, and Ira kept that alive for him, but he knew it had been close to crumbling. It could tomorrow.
I don’t… know if anything I say would make it better. I care about you, Ira, I really do. I love you, but not… not like that. And there, the bomb. He knows it’ll hurt, and it hurts so bad to say. Because if the world was better  he could love them both and they could all be happy, but the world isn’t. It is cruel. It murders those you love. It rips families apart. It sets barriers and expectations for the impossible. And it hurts. All they can do is bleed out.
Working on wrapping up current threads!
Messages In This Thread
RE: and here we go, life's waiting to begin - by Ira - March 28, 2020, 03:39 PM
RE: and here we go, life's waiting to begin - by Ira - March 28, 2020, 04:03 PM
RE: and here we go, life's waiting to begin - by Ira - March 28, 2020, 04:46 PM
RE: and here we go, life's waiting to begin - by Ira - March 28, 2020, 11:40 PM
RE: and here we go, life's waiting to begin - by Evergreen - March 29, 2020, 12:05 AM
RE: and here we go, life's waiting to begin - by Ira - March 29, 2020, 01:20 AM
RE: and here we go, life's waiting to begin - by Ira - March 29, 2020, 03:03 PM