Wapun Meadow 4am
207 Posts
Ooc —
Private 
It's getting late, He comments idly to @Ira, casting a glance toward the darkening sky. His feet are sore from walking all day, and he's eager to get settled for the night — but his suggestion is more for his companion than anything. He could probably keep going for a few hours, and would if not for Ira's current condition; he's eager to be done with this trip, and back with Evergreen. We should find somewhere to sleep.
Winterbourne's voice is low and raspy due to a throat injury during his childhood, and it can sometimes be difficult to understand him.
lift me higher, let me look at the sun
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Her pace had slowed considerably, each step felt like she was dragging her paws despite her insistence to keep moving forward. Easthollow was close, she knew the path well and normally would have kept going for a bit longer, but she couldn't hide the relief at Winterbourne's suggestion. A sigh slipped past the Constable's lips as she was quick to sit and rest her legs. That may be for the best. Since leaving the Empire Ira found her nausea lessening, but for a price. She ached everywhere, her pads, her back, her legs, granted part of it was likely from the journey, but a nagging feeling told her this would be her new hell for the oncoming weeks. There are some trees at the edge of the meadow. We can find shelter there.
#DAA520 , pawprintIra's Playlist  3/20*, * = incomplete threads
207 Posts
Ooc —
He stops when Ira sits, frowning slightly as he watches her. His gaze drifts briefly toward the edge of the meadow at her mention, but returns to her quickly, concerned. I can hunt for you, once we pick a place, He offers, taking a few uncertain steps closer to her. There isn't much he can do to help her, he thinks, but he ends up asking anyway. Or... um, is there anything else you need?
Winterbourne's voice is low and raspy due to a throat injury during his childhood, and it can sometimes be difficult to understand him.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The roan woman shook her head, I'll be ok, just tired. Food sounds nice just don't push yourself. I'm sure Easthollow will have a meal for us tomorrow. Easthollow. They should be there by tomorrow if they kept breaks to a minimum, Ira just hoped the stay would be pleasant. Ira hauled herself to her paws determined to make the final stretch to a suitable place to rest. I should probably warn you now about my father. I know not how much Evergreen has decided to share with you, but there is a lot of bad blood in my past.
207 Posts
Ooc —
Actually, Evergreen hasn't told him anything; vague things about Ira's personality, yes, but nothing of her history. Which is pretty much what he expected; after all, Winterbourne wouldn't want Evergreen to tell anyone details about his family or history. So Ira's words are a surprise to him. Bad blood? He echoes with a touch of concern, wondering if that phrase would apply to his own rocky family situation.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Yes... So it seemed he knew nothing...where to even start. I suppose I'll keep this short. I come from a pack with strict ideals. They liked to keep the bloodlines pure and outsiders were often turned away. She glossed over what exactly "pure" meant and prayed that Winterbourne did not pry further. Most were confused by the term in her experience, but it involved hitting details the Constable did not feel like sharing in their moment. My mother was impregnated by my father, an outsider. She died shortly after my sister and I were born and we were taken in by the Alphas as their own while my father absconded...Without getting into details I was furious when I discovered the truth. I sought him out for my own answers and found him amongst Easthollow a few years later.

They had, of course, made up since then, but that did not change the foundation that both she and Greyback had been raised on. I eventually forgave him. The blood has settled, but I fear what our news might bring when my father hears of our current status. Another rocky topic, golden eyes shifted uncomfortably to the Grocer at her side wondering what he might think or how he will take the news. Same sex pairings are nonexistent where I am from...and children are bore from mated couples.
207 Posts
Ooc —
It's a lot to take in, and he finds himself with many questions along the way — but (fortunately for Ira) the last part is what takes most of his attention in the end. A slight frown tugs at his features, silence stretching for a few moments after she finishes. His own gaze falls away from Ira, ears pinning back partially. So he'll... be against this? He asks when he finally finds his voice, eyes returning to the Constable.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
As expected, the male seemed hurt by her words, or more likely the potential disapproval of her father. She couldn't blame him, but it also shouldn't affect him. Her father did not rule Kaistleoki, her and Evergreen did. Yes. Unless he has changed, but I fear he as resilient to change as I am. I'd like his approval, but he has no say over me if we do not get it.  Perhaps she would be wrong, maybe Greyback would side with family this time. He could be there for these kids, unlike her upbringing. I just thought it would be good to inform you before the borders, but please try to not let my words shake you. I have stood up to him in the past, I can do it again.