Brecheliant
Family
a hundred mini dreams and a healing scar ♥
2,112 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Medic
Master Midwife
Master Sitter
Maia was surprised that he would want to stay in one place at all, which didn't surprise Eljay. He knew that it wasn't how most wolves were. But most of his experiences with leaving the pack territories were terrifying, and he just wanted everyone to be safe, himself included. The toughest thing for Eljay to accept was his children leaving. Weejay had the tendency to leave the pack territories when she was upset about something, such as when Finley and Elwood had died. He'd grown to accept that she left the pack territories at times, that she did like exploration, though thankfully she was mostly a homebody like himself. With Elfie, he had begrudgingly accepted it because he had no other choice, and, well... It had turned out awful, which didn't bolster his confidence towards the outside world any.

After a moment of silence while Eljay tried to collect his thoughts, he said: I dunno. Then added after a few seconds of hesitation: My mom got hurt a few times when she was out exploring when I was little. He didn't usually reflect much on his upbringing or the problems he faced. He wasn't sure why he was saying that, but he supposed that was a big part of why he didn't like going out. I guess I've always been a homebody. And then when Elfie -- when he -- He couldn't say died, it couldn't be true -- -- got lost, I just... It just confirms that it's not safe. I'm just worried to get hurt out there. And I like my home. Even moving's been difficult. It takes time to feel comfortable in a new place.

It wasn't really the answer she had hoped for, perhaps. He supposed that it would've been nicer if he had said that he was willing to try travelling more. But the truth was that he was not only scared, but also loved finding a proper home a lot. He'd only left his home twice -- once for Drageda and once for Wiffle (but it helped that he had never liked living on the Plateau).
Messages In This Thread
RE: Don't like where I'm at, 34 was bad, so I just turn to 35 - by Eljay - September 18, 2020, 04:48 AM