Brecheliant
Family
a hundred mini dreams and a healing scar ♥
2,112 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Medic
Master Midwife
Master Sitter
Eljay frowned when Maia noted that it wasn't safe here, either. She was quick to elaborate, possibly because saw the look on his face, and said that everywhere seemed equally dangerous. He didn't agree at all; the outside was riddled with wolves who didn't mean well. Sure, there were some that meant well too, but the risk of running into an unfriendly face was just a lot bigger out there. At least there aren't any aggressive wolves inside the pack borders, he ended up saying, not wanting to outright disagree with Maia right there and then.

She said that she got feeling comfortable, and that having a home you like was good. Eljay couldn't agree more, thinking back to how uncomfortable he had been at Heron Lake Plateau the whole time, and how much he'd missed Redhawk Caldera. Honestly, he wished that they still lived there, but the Copse had become much of a home to him over the past years too, even though a lot of grief lingered here, too. But also a lot of good memories -- memories with Wiffle, memories of how he'd bravely followed her here, memories of raising his children. He didn't want to give those up.

Still, Redhawk Caldera always had a place in his heart. He admitted: Sometimes I think what it would be like to move back to Redhawk Caldera, where I was born. It's not far from here, maybe you know it..? Eljay had revisited it only once -- to get the stone for Wiffle -- and he knew it was an alright distance away from here. I didn't think I could ever be happy anywhere else after we left it. Not until I moved to the Copse. It was a very two-faced story; on the one hand, it spoke of his love for Redhawk Caldera and how he'd love to live there again, and on the other hand, it showed that he could adapt and find new homes that he loved in similar ways, even if it wasn't always easy.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Don't like where I'm at, 34 was bad, so I just turn to 35 - by Eljay - September 25, 2020, 08:44 AM