Brecheliant
Family
a hundred mini dreams and a healing scar ♥
2,112 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Medic
Master Midwife
Master Sitter
He had mentioned it apparently, and Eljay wondered what parts he should tell Maia then. Maybe he had only mentioned living there? Or travelling there? Alright, just say if I say anything double, he ended up saying after a good ten seconds of thoughtfulness. That would be easier than having to try and remember what he had told her before. He was relieved that she said she wouldn't use it in a story without permission, because he felt that it was a pretty embarrassing story. I don't think I've told anyone about this, but... So I.. At the time, it was pretty hectic, 'cause Fox and Peregrine had passed away and we had to take care of their pups, all together. My younger brother Lagan did really well, and at some point I just.. kinda felt like.. um.. I guess like I was no longer needed now that he was there. I'd helped raise Lagan and his siblings, and now he was just... better than me? So I thought I was only in the way and I didn't want to be a bother anymore. There was a quiver in his voice even now, three years later, as he recalled how that had felt.

I left the pack, hoping that... I guess that I would find some place that would help me improve, make me better somehow. I travelled for a bit but I was pretty lost from the start. It was only through luck that I happened on Drageda by the coastline, where Wiffle happened to live. He glanced at Maia to see if she was still paying attention and if she had any questions. If not, he'd continue -- She and her uhm.. her mate was the leader of Drageda, and she got me a chance to join. But -- they wanted me to stay around the outskirts and -- and prove myself. I didn't really know how to hunt on my own, because I was used to doing big game hunts in the pack mostly, so it was hard. I was super hungry by the end of it, it took months. Only when I almost gave up and thought I might just die out here, they finally accepted me. He smiled softly, even though it was a horrible experience. I think I lived there for.. a few months. How I got back home is quite a story too. It was kinda weird being in the spotlight like this. Eljay wasn't used to talking this much, but somehow, Maia's enthusiasm made it easier to talk and not so scary to be the center of attention.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Don't like where I'm at, 34 was bad, so I just turn to 35 - by Eljay - September 30, 2020, 02:29 AM