Whitefish River Someone Tell Me Something Comforting
lift me higher, let me look at the sun
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Of course there was no way to ensure anything, the world could take just as fast as it could give, but Ira appreciated the effort. However, Speedy's face said everything she needed to know. Perhaps she pitied her, or maybe she just wished she knew beforehand, but before she had the chance to ask or forget about it the woman's face had morphed back into a smile.

Next time? Did she really think there would be a next time? Ira never thought she'd see the day that she'd rise her own, and the chances of her getting this opportunity again seemed...slim. At least she had these children, they were more than she could ever ask for. Thank you, but I don't think we will have to worry about a next time. It should go without saying given no fathers were in the picture.

The Constable wasn't surprised Speedy shrugged off the compliment, she always did. What did surprise her was when she referred to her as a friend. Ira was always hard to open up and those she called a friend were few and far between but...the label felt right here. The healer had been there for her countless times, and she was grateful Speedy thought the same of her, jobs aside. It was nice to know she at least had one friend left within Kaistleoki now that she had lost a close one.

Ira wasn't sure what to say and it likely showed on her face, but before she could find the words Speedy had already continued. She gave a small grunt in response to the healer's suggestion before letting her head rest, I'll do my best...you should rest too. Let Emrik take over or have someone else make runs for you. You should be relaxing right now. Ironic coming from her, but the Constable was often better giving advice than following it.
#DAA520 , pawprintIra's Playlist  3/20*, * = incomplete threads
Messages In This Thread
Someone Tell Me Something Comforting - by Ira - May 27, 2020, 01:00 AM
RE: Someone Tell Me Something Comforting - by Speedy - May 27, 2020, 01:57 AM
RE: Someone Tell Me Something Comforting - by Emrik - May 27, 2020, 02:12 AM
RE: Someone Tell Me Something Comforting - by Wynter - May 27, 2020, 02:17 AM
RE: Someone Tell Me Something Comforting - by Nutmeg - May 27, 2020, 11:53 PM
RE: Someone Tell Me Something Comforting - by Ira - June 03, 2020, 02:25 PM
RE: Someone Tell Me Something Comforting - by Speedy - June 03, 2020, 10:41 PM
RE: Someone Tell Me Something Comforting - by Ira - June 05, 2020, 09:17 PM
RE: Someone Tell Me Something Comforting - by Speedy - June 09, 2020, 11:41 PM
RE: Someone Tell Me Something Comforting - by Ira - June 10, 2020, 01:49 AM