Hushed Willows maybe it's all your fault
and they called it puppy love...
81 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
Trade 
Fionn knew he ought to practice. He had trained as a soldier for a few months now, but after their collective removal from the court, "training" had become taking a couple poppy seeds and dreaming of fighting dragons. He could feel he was getting out of shape, and while he didn't mind sparring at all, he just didn't exactly like his options. There was Orlaith- who he didn't really know, and wasn't truly acquainted with- and there was Aoibh, who he disliked, but ultimately bowed to since she was a woman. He did not care greatly for either of them, but he'd rather take the one he knew well- the one who had already dragged his dignity across the ground many a time. Fionn released a call for @Aoibh ,  a summons to a friendly spar- hoping she might accept it, if only for the chance to beat him up.
[Image: 1582061981337.png]
Brecheliant
Family
788 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Hope you don't mind, she needed a new one and this looked lonely <3 I'mma try not to be horrible lmao

Bridget had been a fairly absentee fairy so far, though honestly, not her fault!  These wilds were so damn interesting and hell, if there was one thing she was good at, it was following her intuition.  Intuition that sometimes led her to exploration... and that had now led her back, because if she wanted a place here, she should probably look like she actually lived here.  Couldn't get a promotion on looks alone, right? (Though if it was possible, trust, she'd be the one.)

The wolf who called for a spar wasn't calling for her, but that didn't deter Bridget much.  Worst he could do was turn her down.  Hey, name's Bridget. She introduced herself as soon as she got close enough to see him, a wispy boy, though she wasn't dumb enough to think that meant a damn thing.  She'd been pinned by smaller.  If you're lookin for a round, I wouldn't say no.  She grinned, tilting her head.  The invitation was good natured, but she could feel that competitive burn kick start.  Hell, she loved a good game!
my power they'll never take
44 Posts
Ooc —
Away
small post!

Aoibh scrunched up her nose, deterred and uneager to answer Fionn's call. Though she was tired and preferred to be isolated, how could she pass up a "friendly" spar? Grumbling still of course. The faerie padded along through the willows as she caught up to him and another she-wolf. Bridget? ❝ Bridget?  Unbelivable,❞  the hunt general sighed. ❝ I  suppose  this is  a  great  reunion  then,  huh.  No  matter. I  hope  your  both  ready  to  get  beaten.❞
81 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
When Bridget came for a spar instead of Aoibh, Fionn was admittedly happy. Any woman had to be better that Dei's twin, and Bridget seemed to have a lovely competition to her. Sweet! I'm Fionn, and- And then Aoibh showed up. Fionn's brows scrunched together in annoyance as she arrived (even if he had called her,) disappointed that he couldn't spar with just Bridget now. So, um... how does this work? Is it like two on one, or everyone for themselves? Because he was slightly nervous now- Fionn had never sparred with more than one wolf at once, and though this might be good practice, something told him he'd end up beaten badly.
Brecheliant
Family
788 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Oh... hold on.  Wait.  Aiobh?  Holy shit, you're here too?! Awesome. she smiled, then gave a small laugh.

Look, it's cool, I can watch.  Unless you two want to take me of course.  I don't want anyone thinking I only beat you because of unfair odds, she said with a wink.  Then she took a slight step back, waiting to see what the decision would be.
44 Posts
Ooc —
Away
flexing her muscles in an attempt to intimidate her supposed mercs-in-arms, the explosive fae clicked her nails together impatiently. she portrayed that much more of a villainous witch than a fae; though she did not mind. their soft lifestyle and systems were not to her liking, the new court seemed much better. if she was going to assert any dominance and make her way in the ranks to the crowned huntress she idled, then she'd train night and day to overpower any supposed creature.

bridget, bright and bouncy liker her usual self proposed to watch and take notes. " you'll never know what could happen when facing an enemy," she started, " or enemies, but we'll take your offer this one time. but don't think your exempt from a beating."
81 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
Bridget seemed comfortable to watch, and though Fionn did not want to exclude her, he was naturally nervous of the idea of a two-on-one. He waited for Aoibh's decree, (she was the woman and therefore in charge, of course,) and when she decided to accept Bridget's offer, Fionn released a nervous sigh of relief. He shot a grin to the blonde fae, You can be our cheerleader? He joked with a wag of his tail, but truly he simply did not wish to ignore her presence. 

He turned to Aoibh then, lowering his body into a challenging stance, daring her to charge at him first.
Brecheliant
Family
788 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
skippable!

Alright, she accepted easily, getting out of the way and instead standing lazily a distance back.  She wanted to be ready to move if their spar brought them close, and it also gave better vantage. She could circle a bit... catch what they did.

Her fur itched to compete, but she'd get her turn.  For now, she was rooting for Aoibh... no offense to the kid she didn't know.  But that could change, depending on just how he fought here.
44 Posts
Ooc —
Away
5 damage to fionn.
aoibh ducked her head as she thristl waited for the fae to back out the side as she went in for a low blow for the man's chest. knocking the sense from your opponent had to be the most favored trick up her sleeve, but she had no idea if fionn had steeled himself better these days and had grown in their "break" from each other, so the turnout would be interesting to see.
Brecheliant
Family
788 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
I'm gonna go ahead and wrap this!! Feel free to request a re-open later if you wish!

Bridget watched with mounting, excited tension as they sparred.  She felt herself tensing in anticipation, revving up for the challenge.  She wanted in, real bad, but she held back.  Not yet.

Eventually they parted, and Bridget immediately stepped forward, facing the winner.  My turn, she challenged with a cocky grin.  She'd gotten to see some of their moves in action and felt she had a pretty damn good chance.

In reality, it was likely she lost, if they even answered the challenge in the first place.  But despite frustration and some wounded pride, she'd laugh it off, and at least she'd managed to meet a couple of packmates in exchange.