Otter Creek Hiding from the sunshine,
32 Posts
Ooc —
Away
All Welcome 
The wisp had taken a momentarily base at a nearby forest, a perfect cover amongst all else. It was hard to truly see within it's blackened forest, and she felt safe within it's cold grasp. However, it was still temporary. Dragoon was a mercenary for hire, she preferred the comfort of more safety in numbers and the privilege of a substant food providance. 

Scars widowed underneath her light pelt, yet, she always kept an allure despite the damage being done. Perhaps it was graced, but useless for a traveller of no caring to her looks.

Until the means for work, she worked her way through survival. Outside of the forested site, there was a creek. Quietly and lightly Dragoon travelled toward the stream, hoping to freshen her parched throat with a drink, and perhaps a dinner to fish.
[Image: dcwje5p-dbc91026-77cd-487e-8b50-9bfc6d45...NqJ0qDs8YM]
"Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future."
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
Donovan hasn’t traveled too far from his territory, just outside the mountains and into the flatter plains of the wilds. From a distance he can see rivers. A place to drink from, something that is clearly needed as of late. Especially with the sun being so fierce in the middle months of the year, all he wants to do is laze about isn’t he cool waters.

He head towards the flowing water and as he approaches, another form is made clear. A ghost drifting along the waters edge with piercing red eyes. He’s automatically drawn to them. Donovan inched himself forward, he’s on the opposite side of the stream from the willowy woman. His expression is one of pure interest as he gazes upon her.

Finally he speaks. A tilt of his head and a smile beginning to form on his maw. “Now who are you?”
32 Posts
Ooc —
Away
A large man approached, perculiar with tiger-like stripes and a curled tail. His size didn't intimidate her, as she worked with behemoths alike, however the perculiar description he held was an interest. The sylphen woman did not meet too many halfbreeds. He came to her with an ease, and a smile to his voice.

Though she knew all can hide through a persona, "I am Dragoon." Cold but soft, and said no more.
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
Donovan tilts his head, auds pressed forward to hear the soft velvety voice. His smile persists and he takes it upon himself to take a few cautious steps into the stream. At the deepest it goes up to his elbow and he’s crossing the water barrier between them in no time. Though he isn’t rushed, his pace is languid and unhurried. When he reaches her spot by the bank he doesn’t even get out of the water, content to feel the cool liquid hug  his forearms. It cools him down exceptionally fast, though it doesn’t quell the heat within his dark pelt to slip his tongue back into his maw. 

So he stands there, canary orbs forever on her own wine colored hues. Which seem rare enough to the point that he’s amazed by them.

“Where do you reign from Dragoon? And where do you see your travels taking you?” He asks in a casual tone.
32 Posts
Ooc —
Away
"You share not of your own name." She did not wish to divuldge to much on her personal life, prefering to keep it at bay. Dragoon turned the conversation around and asked of his own, something she had not been granted yet. The whispful woman wasn't sure what this man's motive, and for his questions. She almost would've assumed he would want something of her, but then again, one could never know.

Eyes followed the man to the river as he entered, and she stayed by the shore, keeping dry.

"I'm only a mercenary for hire." Her journey did not matter, as Dragoon aimlessly wandered without a real purpose. It was what she only knew, and continued to doing. It wasn't the best life, she will admit, but the ghost was satisfied with it.
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
“Pardon.” He laughs casually. “Call me Donovan.”

Then as he stands in the water she reveals such an interesting tid bit of information from her. A mercenary for hire then? Perhaps Donovan could be interested in hiring her. First he must know her level of skill in battle. So as he climbs out of the water, muscled body soaking wet, he stands to look at her. A challenging, yet interested expression overcoming his face.

“I could be interested in your services. Show me what skill you possess.” He hums back confidently. “In a spar that is.”
32 Posts
Ooc —
Away
I prefer doing the health-point system, is that alright with you?

"Alright." She wasn't opposed to his suggestion, as it wasn't uncommon for those with an interest to ask Dragoon, to show her skills. Sometimes she lost, and failed to get a job, and sometimes she won, with a mission to carry. She was generally neutral on the whole ideal, because there was always someone else who would need her help.

"I do not join groups unless the Alpha shows his ability to lead." The ghost warned the other. She had no intention to join where he was from, if he was. The water washed away any scent he contained. Sometimes after the contract or before- Dragoon has been asked. Now it was a simple precautionary to tell.
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
I usually like to do the spar system listed on my ooc account here. If you think you’d much rather do the health-point system them don’t be afraid to tell me. I just think it’s more realistic this way. (*´ω`*)

“Alright.” He parrots her with a smirk. Then chuckles out a rumbling string of laughter at her next sentence. “I am the alpha. My pack is called the Saints of the Dying Light.” 

He stands and looks to her expectantly, backing up a couple of steps. “How would you like me to prove it then, dear.” He’s standing at his tallest, large form muscled and impressive. Or perhaps only to some. His curled tail held proudly above his hips.
32 Posts
Ooc —
Away
you're system confused me just a bit, so would it be alright to continue with health points? Unless they don't even end up fighting!

"You're mistaken- that was just formalities. I don't have a desire to join any group at the moment." She had hoped he would get the hint, but Dragoon properly corrected the man this time. While appreciating the sentiment, at the moment she didn't wish to probably settle. Especially with a group that the mercenary hasn't heard of, nor seen it's basics. 

"You are welcome to hire me, however." The ghost sat down properly, as she stoicly looked at the man as a business partner.
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
Not a problem sorry it confused you! And we’re going off of this method then? If they do fight lol.

He nods once to her. “How would I go about hiring you then, darling?” He asks a tilts of his head and an inquisitive stare. “A spar? Food? What is your currency to keep you with us?” 

He’s growing impatient, she asked who the alpha is and he gave her an answer. Yet, he still stands before her watching the woman with a quirked brow as she folds her legs into a seated position.
32 Posts
Ooc —
Away
its alright, thanks for understanding, and yes !

Dragoon nodded, "food, shelter, a place to stay." While all wolves enjoyed a nice hunt, she enjoyed not having to worry about that, and if she was able to, or find a good place to stay for the night. Sometimes the mercenary would come across an unclaimed den, and a territoral wolf would chase her off. She then decided that would be a requirement- providing food for the worker, and a temporary place to stay.

"The contract stays until you are satisfied, or dissatisfied with my work." Business as usual.
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
“Easy.” He chirps. “Then I will take you. But first you said an alpha must prove his worth?” He asks hanging his head level with a strong back. “Ask and you shall receive. How would you like me to do this?” 

He wonders exactly how loyal this one will be.
32 Posts
Ooc —
Away
"Then is it a deal?" She quirked a brow up, wishing for concrete words then of talking of her terms. Dragoon needed to know she was properly being hired for whatever case he had.

"Ah," that was a good question. The wisp tended to say it was a precautionary for wolves who requested, and many just assume 'power' and 'charm,' get their way, so usually by the time the contract ends, she leaves. However suppose she never had a real term to what counted as her leader, "someone that can properly manage a group without chaos falling in their steps." Was a good start. Generally a very picky wolf, Dragoon would need to observe what was done.

She didn't care what type of group that it was, but if one caused trouble at every corner, that was a headache. Not to mention disobedient members were even worse, she absolutely detested those wolves. Didn't want anything to do with self-proclaimed 'rebels.'
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
At her last words Donovan barks out a bout of rolling laughter. “You’re a mercenary for hire and you don’t like conflict? Chaos?” He inquires with a cruel smile and a quirk of a bright circular brow. “Then I’m not sure that our paths can be aligned my dear. The Saints aren’t unreasonable, but we will crush any who oppose us. It seems others don’t view very eye to eye with us already.” He hums casually. “And I’m sure you know how that goes.” The words are snarky, accompanied by a shrug of his massive shoulders.

“If you were to join me — if I were to hire you,” He corrects himself. “There would be chaos. I would expect you to spill blood for our pack. If you are not up to that then say it now or forever hold your peace.”
32 Posts
Ooc —
Away
She understood the confusion of her statement, and started to clarify, "I can withstand it for hire- it's a temporary pass. It's what needed for food and shelter." Dragoon was willing to exchange that few days of peace for the quality time of being a mercenary. Though, she has always been one, after all. Not every job however has been chaotic. Perhaps hypocritcal, but it was how the wisp felt.

"However I don't want to settle in one- and throw my loyalty to one that does so. I've passed a few who spill blood for pride, and the streak follows."

"I am given a task, and complete it as so, and go on my way. You're welcome to take that information how you want." Dragoon was not loyal to anyone, but the task given. To her best abilities, the mercenary will do that job she is given, and once completed, on her way. Staying too long and getting caught with constant battles was not an interest. 

She rather enjoyed the Mercenary life, bouncing to Pack to Pack, but keeping away from their turmoils and inner drama.
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
He nods thoughtfully, taking in her words. She is only hired temporarily. That means he won’t have her loyalty or anything of the such. He’s supposed to give her a task to carry out. Short term only. Therefore Donovan does not bid her anymore thought of attempted hire. He wants longevity, she can promise no such thing.

“Well, I will not be hiring you then. I have no quick easy jobs for you. I want another body to help my sustain my pack. To make us stronger in the long term. You promise nothing long term. Therefore, your services will not be needed by me or my pack.” Then despite his words, his tone is soft. “Thank you for the offer, darling.” He offers as condolence.
32 Posts
Ooc —
Away
"Alright." She nodded expressionless. Dragoon understood not many would want temporary help, only longetivity toward their goals, so she didn't hold it to heart. However now that the man made it clear, he would not hire her, she thought it was best to move along now, "Then I will be on my way."

With the deal having fall through, the ghost was ready to diseappear into the nether realms.
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
Fading and archiving here! Thanks for the thread! ;>

He nods back to her. “Hope you find something much more suited for your odd taste in mercenary work dear.” He hums with a snicker.

He too begins to make his way off, not looking back he crosses the shallows stream once again. Pointing his nose in the direction of the canyon he’s off back to wander around these stranger lands.