Blacktail Deer Plateau My eyes, they're dripping like rain
。+゚☆゚+。Fly me to the moon。+゚☆゚+。
175 Posts
Ooc — Cheeto
Spree 
For @Revui (hope this location isn't toooo far?)
Lunaria could be found sauntering through the trees with a newly caught hare in her maws, sluge sounds being created within the mud below everytime she moved. The original plan was to take only one back for @Macaria to eat (all this harrowing travel was bound to make her hungry anyway) but Luna figured it would've been much more efficient to stock up for days to come — and so with a change in priorities, her search for food dragged on longer than originally planned.

Luna placed her hare onto a flattened rock to join the other two she'd caught before — a decent looking stack so far by the looks of it. Maybe chasing down a couple more wouldn't hurt before she started heading back to the ghostly dame.
[Image: da6698m-a8f89b53-b982-4210-bdbf-0270bf6457d3.gif]
Ghost
"God is every bit as feral as that which he creates."
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist
Perfect!

He had not found what he'd sought, and grew despondent for a time over the loss of his friend. Further exploration was required; if he backtracked along the coast enough, checked beach after beach after beach, maybe he would be lucky enough to find Sunhawk's remains - but the rain had not let up and he did not know where to look at this point.

Revui moved inland out of a sense of personal preservation, loathe as he was to giving up on his lost friend. There would be no adequate searching done during this perpetual storming; he held on to a sliver of hope that the loud-mouthed oddball would resurface at some point, but it was a dwindling wish.

The rain eased enough for now, going from a torrential downpour to a constant but light shower, which was likely the best Revui was going to get. He had not eaten since he had witnessed Sunhawk go over the cliff; he had devoted all of his energy to finding him, and now that he was sheltered beneath the canopy of this forest, he could breathe, he could think. He could feel - and he was burning with hunger.

While most of the trail scents had been washed clean and the deer paths turned to sludge, there were still hints of other life among these trees. He climbed the ridge at a sluggish pace, gripping at the slick bedrock as best he could. That was when he noticed it — a fat looking hare, drenched of course, but fresh at first glance. It had been seemingly discarded atop a flat segment of the plateau. The closer he got, the more he could make out - it was a set of coneys, twinning upon the stone, and his belly rumbled.

As he approached his strides became more insistent. Whatever had hunted these two plump things was probably still around considering how intact they both were, and Revui could not discern wolf scent from the mess of rain, especially so due to the salt that crusted his own coat. A dark shape emerged from among the dripping trees in time to toss down a third body, and Revui froze.

He did not think he knew this wolf, but he studied them all the same. A sweep of his eyes across their silhouette - looking for the sunlit spine that might mean his friend was here with him.

The woods have always been filled with these soft doe-eyed things;
with hearts beating for the arrow, the bullet, the lance.

I have always been the huntsman.  ⤑

。+゚☆゚+。Fly me to the moon。+゚☆゚+。
175 Posts
Ooc — Cheeto
There was a presence nearby, and Luna sensed it before she'd even put her prey down. She could have sworn it was Macaria for a second but it wasn't — no, of course not. That scent didn't belong to a woman. The dark female's heart rate sped up in her chest and yet Lunaria couldn't find it in herself to turn around; her legs were instinctively frozen and glued to the ground. Instead, the she-wolf slowly turned her black crown to look behind, large moonstone optics eventually falling on a greyish-silver coat and greenish eyes that stared back at Luna.

"I....I don't suppose I can help you, yes?" Lunaria addressed the visitor that decided to stop by, a bit of shakiness being heard in that soft voice of hers. So much for trying to pretend like they weren't there and attempting to sneak off — but this tension was killing the fae. If he was gonna just stand there then she might as well speak.
[Image: da6698m-a8f89b53-b982-4210-bdbf-0270bf6457d3.gif]