Sun Mote Copse Like the records I'm playing, they might keep you waiting
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,529 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
Maia couldn't even begin to answer that question, aside from the fact that Wraen had handled the harsher goodbyes.  But Maia doubted, now, that any of them had truly been harder.  She couldn't bring herself to look at him even as the silence stretched on, because she knew if she did she would cry.

She was already doing enough by leaving, she didn't need his sympathy in it.

She waited for the dismissive goodbye, or the lukewarm 'see you around, hope it goes well'.  Or the accusation, because as much as the Firebirds touted their open door policy, she still always expected it.  Instead, the silence was eventually broken by an increase in his breathing, one that finally forced her eyes from their position in the dirt.

I'll visit, yknow, and... she trailed off as her voice tightened.  She didn't know what Wraen had planned, but she knew this would never be home again.  So even if she did come back, it would never be the same. She didn't really know what else to add, or how to respond, but she felt a wash of worry at his reaction.  She didn't know what it meant.

Weejay luckily broke in, speaking words that Maia hadn't even bothered to consider a possibility.  It was so outlandish that he'd want to leave everything here, all his family, and go traveling.  Now she felt a little guilty for not asking herself, but at the same time, she prepared herself for the answer before it came.  Of course he'd say no.

In fact, she almost opened her mouth to say something... but then shut it, eyes going to the ground once more.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Like the records I'm playing, they might keep you waiting - by Maia - August 29, 2020, 11:30 PM