Sun Mote Copse Like the records I'm playing, they might keep you waiting
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,529 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
Maia flushed as Eljay worked out a rough approxomation of a 'sorry'.  Whereas he was convinced she did not want him along, she was likewise sure he was only upset because he was too polite to turn it down flat.  He didn't want to come, and she didn't want him to feel like he had to.  Even while Weejay was pressing the point, Maia closed her eyes briefly, then inhaled and lifted her head.

It's alright, umm, you don't have to.  You're important here, and... yeah.  There was a brightness that she tried not to let sound forced, though whether she succeeded, she didn't know.  She was glad that Weejay had come by to say goodbye too, though, and gave her a smile.

It's not going to rain forever, and I've seen you with flowers.  You're garden is going to be back better than ever soon enough.  I can't wait to see it when I come back!  The hardest goodbye yet, but just another goodbye.  Not forever - but for who knows how long.  There's no way.  You're dumb, and awkard, and a mess.  Sure, you make people happy... but he'll be just as happy after.  Few days and they'll barely remember you were here.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Like the records I'm playing, they might keep you waiting - by Maia - September 02, 2020, 08:26 PM