Sun Mote Copse Like the records I'm playing, they might keep you waiting
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,529 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
It might have been the space that helped to calm Eljay down, but Maia did not take it that way.  As he replied steadier, she could only guess that her letting him off the hook had been the key.  Was it really that awful, thinking of coming with?  She felt the realization, and the pain of it, spike through her, and she bit her lip before they could catch the hurt on her face.  Y-yeah she replied, her voice catching for a second.  Me too.

Weejay must have caught on too because she dropped it as well.  Maia was glad.  She never would have wanted to force him to come with, not if it freaked him out so badly.

Maia felt her chest tightening.  I... I'll see you around.  She finished, a little rushed, before she whirled and began to walk quickly back to where Wraen was probably waiting.  It was a stupid way to say goodbye but she was maybe 2 seconds away from outright crying.  Why did she always have to be so dumb?
Messages In This Thread
RE: Like the records I'm playing, they might keep you waiting - by Maia - September 15, 2020, 11:03 AM