Neverwinter Forest Mirror of given light,
time falls like moonlight
317 Posts
Ooc —
Away
All Welcome 
During the night, Miriam held onto Liliana tightly, while in the morning sobbing, and searching for her son. There wasn't a day she did not look, and hoped for any sign of his return. She wanted to leave, she wanted to search for him so badly, but her dearest daughter, who had misfortune upon her, couldn't lose another family. Especially since Mal at the moment, was not home, and she did not know of his return yet.

Today was another day, where she searched through the forest. Occasionally calling out for Asmoses.
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Miriam hadn't joined the group that had greeted him on the return. He wasn't particularly surprised by this -- as far as he knew everything was ok (unless someone brought it up in which case IDK, maybe he was looking for her a bit more actively than that. Regardless, Mal had to find her anyway to tell her about what happened on his trip.

So he sorta limped along to find her. Sure, Cupid had treated his shoulder, but Mal had things to do so would probably be a pretty awful patient -- and he'd probably get an additional round of it when he stopped to see @Aibreann and the children later. He hadn't heard her call out last, but did pick up on her trail, shadowing along until he spotted her up ahead, Miriam! Hopefully she'd be happy about what he had to say. Maybe not, it wasn't the greatest thing in the world, but it was something.
317 Posts
Ooc —
Away
"Asmoses!" Miriam never seemed to stop calling for him, in hope he would return. Others offered their help, so she didn't yet wander just yet, and at night, often held Liliana closely. When she would ask where her brother was, the best she could answer was 'The Goddess has plans for him.' Which she so hoped to be true, that there was a plan in motion for him.. But he was so young, and she worried so.

She turned around, someone called for her, and familiar sight came forward. Though he limped so, and she walked toward him with a worry, "Are you okay?" 

So much had happened since he was gone- but it seems, he too has been through a lot.
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
He knew the twins did have a habit of wandering, so assuming nobody said anything in the other thread, it might not seem too unusual for Asmoses to have wandered off to cause trouble somewhere. Something to ask about shortly though. 

Yeah, he said, dismissing his own injuries, there were more interesting things to talk about, he thought, I just got back and there's something you should know -- I found the guy. His eyes glinted, not with mischief but some other unknown intensity. He was glad he found the guy, wished he'd done more, but there was opportunity to do more now that he wasn't some unknown ghost of a wolf.
317 Posts
Ooc —
Away
"Did he do that?" Her heart thumped. She knew what he meant- the man who touched her daughter. There was fleeting thought, that the same stalker had stolen her son. Though he came back, without Asmoses.. A relief, but also a scare. Her daughter would be safe from the terror in the dark, but what about their son?

There was a lot happening, a lot to ask, a lot to question- who was the man? Where was he? And firstly, why did he do that? Why did he take away her daughters innocence, her trust of others, her.. Her childhood?

Pools formed around Miriam's eye as she swallowed, no words to process.
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Mal looked at his shoulder, kind of absently. It wasn't really exciting, promise. Blink. He looked back to her, He got a little pissed when I tried to remove his face. -- But I know where he is, and what he looks like and in a little bit I can go back and find Riley and go back. I didn't expect to find him, he just walked out -- we'll make sure he doesn't hurt anyone again. It sounded great on paper and it was a little rambly, perhaps. But he was excited to share the news that at least would put a little bit of closure on the issue. Make it less frightening maybe. Something along those lines.

He wished he'd been able to find Riley but it was far too much planning ahead. If he'd called as soon as he knew, chances were the guy would have run off. Or something worse. There was still enough energy and thought about it bouncing around inside his skull that he still wasn't searching for any other issues that might be lingering around for why she might be distressed.
317 Posts
Ooc —
Away
"If you.. Go again," she swallowed, "can you look for Asmoses?" She was like a sniffling child, holding back her waterworks of tears. She had been crying for days, and even with @Cupid to assure her so, she couldn't help but blame herself, and mourn for what had been done.

"He has been missing for.. A while."
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
His expression fell into some sort of muddled mess -- he'd been wired, figuring she'd be happy he found the guy and blah blah all that, but now he wasn't even sure if he'd heard her right. Asmoses was gone? Uhh. What?

And remember, he still hadn't slept at this point. It added more extremes to his mood while his mind whirled, trying to figure out if he needed to turn around and head right back out even though he was clearly in no state to do so, A while? What do you mean a while? Like why was he just hearing about this? If he was actually gone, why hadn't it been said? He'd just been out there looking around! This wasn't the time to have a kid go missing. He needed to be home. How?
317 Posts
Ooc —
Away
She broke down crying, and without Cupid to calm her down, the mother was hiccuping an ugly mess, "he seemed so down.. I should've noticed, I focused too much on Liliana." Both her children depended on her so, but Miriam was so focus on Liliana's journey to recovery, and her own self-reflection, on the way she seemed to neglect her son.

"He has been gone for a week Mal. Please.. Please find him."
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Mal fumbled, trying to figure it out how this happened. So many people had gone missing at once, including Miriam herself. It was supposed to be over now. Everyone was supposed to be home and safe.

How--? I just got back. I didn't see any sign of him out in the mountains at least. I -- I need to heal before I go out again. I went over the mountains, no sign there -- at least where I looked but.. How could that happen? Why was he gone the moment Mal left to find someone else important? He just wanted his whole family to be together, so why did one piece of it have to stay missing even if it wasn't the same piece.
317 Posts
Ooc —
Away
A sniffling mess, she could only try to fix herself back up after listening to Mal. He did not find her either- and Miriam could only flatten her ears at the news. At the same time however, it was relieving, because she knew he was not there, then possibly may either be north or west. There was thoughts on what to do-

"Rest up. I'm.. Going to go searching for him around Neverwinter again." Normally so, Miriam would care for Mal more then at the moment, but her mind was only filled with Asmoses. Mal can heal at home, but their son was lost in the wilderness, without them to help. She needed to.. She had to.
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Why couldn't things end up positive for once? Some nice happy thing? It seemed more likely they just weren't gonna let him be happy.

Okay -- I mean. I can go looking again in different direction soon I hope too. As soon as I'm healed. A thought that would end up being delayed significantly because of Cupid's death because in all honestly at that point he wasn't in a state to do anything about it. So. He mentally flailed. If the boy was gone a week, then he wasn't going to be in the forest, right? How was he just.. gone? How did he deal with this now?
317 Posts
Ooc —
Away
She only nodded, words having trouble forming. His health was important, but at the moment she could not worry too hard. He was a grown adult, a man of strength, and an alpha. Her son? He was only a child, with his head in the clouds dazing at the stars. After so, the woman left to search around.

In the distance one could hear her calling for Asmoses.