Nova Peak silberkette
ᴀ ᴠᴀʟʟᴜᴍ ᴏғ ғᴀɪʀʏ ᴛᴀʟᴇs
sᴍᴀsʜᴇᴅ ɪɴᴛᴏ ʀᴇᴀʟɪᴛʏ
248 Posts
Ooc — daphne
Away
aaaa fak i only check my TL so i did not see this omfg i am das schlechteste ;~;

a fern stirred under a trembly breath as duskentide eyes watched her father labouriously negotiate with the terrain. his body was shorn, and his muscles wizened: the strength of him didn't appear to weather the long weeks of convalescence very well.

whisper-steps led phaedra alongside him from the slope above, in the cover of trees. her heart pounded, its beat a turbulent force like a storm, with her heart as a dreadnought placed within her slim breast, braced for wave after great wave against a minuscule dike.

their last meet prior to the events that led to his present ordeal had fashioned some anastylosis of their former bond, but weeks of being dismissed from his company had again cast her lower and lower until she was crushed altogether into the earth by the gravity of misunderstood rejection.

no amount of gilded-tongue charmed her through her mother's garrison; she was insulated from seeing her father's fresh traumas with uncompromising sentry detail, and it left her with lingering resentment. 

white ears tipped upwards at his fitful grunts, eyes widening any time his progress was thwarted by the unsurety of his footing. she was loath to encourage him, embittered still, but seeing her father struggle left her feeling troubled, with a sense of empathy that she couldn't shake.

she watched mahler in silence and kept pace from above even when he lost ground and, to that end, some of his progress as well. then he stopped, and phaedra thought he may never move from that spot ever again. 

thus so, as the irritated growl disenthralled from his ruined throat, the girl hesitated a moment before making herself visible to him (should his eyes intuit her presence). no effort at speech was made— there was nothing she could say to this father of hers that would hearten him now, anyway.

as she looked
impassively upon his wounds, the purse of salves caintigern had given her was recalled to mind, though she was unsure how well it had kept in the the rain. after her mother's final refusal to let phaedra see her father in his palliative den, the girl hid the pack in the dry hollow of a bole, but who knew if that tree had made it through the storms. she feared whatever the purse contained was damaged beyond usefulness, but if not ...
Messages In This Thread
silberkette - by Mahler - September 14, 2020, 09:49 PM
RE: silberkette - by Phaedra - October 15, 2020, 04:30 PM
RE: silberkette - by Mahler - October 19, 2020, 09:45 PM