Brecheliant
Family
a hundred mini dreams and a healing scar ♥
2,119 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Medic
Master Midwife
Master Sitter
Fennec sounded better when she spoke again, which was a relief to Eljay. He was glad that she seemed to be feeling a bit better at least, even if it still sucked. It just did, and it always would. He might not have a disability such as being blind -- he couldn't imagine what that would be like -- but in another way, he understood what she was going through because he had been treated like he was less of a person because of how soft he was for a chunk of his life; or at least by certain people. While his parents had always seen him for more than he was, many others had seen him for less than he now realised he was. It'd taken a long time to realise that. He was glad Fennec had more self-esteem than that, but he'd help her where he could if he could help it.

It was good that she asked about medic stuff after that. Eljay's tail wagged a few beats to show that this pleased him, both because it meant that Fennec must be feeling better as well as that it hadn't tainted her interest in becoming a medic. Well, there are some things you can do with plants, roots and herbs. There's some that kill pain, and some that stop infection. Some do both. It's just a bit harder right now, after the flooding, because a lot of herbs are kinda.. dead. Sometimes moss can also help soak up blood if it keeps bleeding after you've cleaned it. You just have to make sure the moss is clean, too, and that it's the.. soaky kind - uh - I can show you that. He smiled softly after saying that, hoping that it made sense. But if the wound isn't too big, then cleaning it is all you have to do, if it doesn't keep bleeding. Cleaning's the most important thing, at least. Other things would be easier to teach and show with the right herbs and mosses, so it was frustrating there weren't many right now.
Messages In This Thread
RE: And I'll hate myself for checking as if I don't know - by Eljay - September 29, 2020, 03:14 AM