Firefly Glen autumn jazz
201 Posts
Ooc —
Leta considered what he said, wondering for a beat if he were right and she ought to feel insulted. But Leta did not have it in her to feel that way, and for more reason than just one. Firstly, well, I came here, to Moonspear, for me. I... I wasn't learning how to fight or protect there, and her aunt had just died, and she had just seen her sisters children, all dead, alongside her, and I came to the Glen because... well, I want to help. I don't... I don't think I'm ready to lead yet, you know? But helping makes me happy, and it's the least I can do for them helping me too. She wasn't the easiest pupil, largely because in the fighting arena Leta had no natural talent. Hunting? That she was good at. One might think them similar, but Leta had yet to connect any dots. 

She could hear he was annoyed with her for not telling him, and Leta looked to the earth. Shame came to her then, the same shame she felt to even admit it. Why hadn't she told him? At the very least, she could give him that answer. I... I felt... I felt useless. And embarrassed. And that if you knew that, that maybe you would realize, I'm actually sort of pathetic or something, because that was how she had felt. Pathetic. I should have been able to do something. Whoever it was... it was like... it was like I was just a rock he could shake out from underfoot. It was so easy for that stranger to take me down. And I tried to attack him too, Charlie, she breathed, and it didn't even make a difference... He softened, relieved that she was okay, and Leta looked back to him, ears pressed against her crown. 

His words were well meaning, and she wetly said with a halfhearted grin, I do. So don't leave me, 'kay? she could not muster a wave of her tail, but her words were genuine. And I'm gonna work on being less pathetic so I can at least stop people from hurting anyone I care about. That was... that was horrible, she breathed. If he hadn't died, she would be dead. Who else with her?
Messages In This Thread
autumn jazz - by Charles - October 20, 2020, 03:22 AM
RE: autumn jazz - by Leta - October 22, 2020, 09:10 AM
RE: autumn jazz - by Charles - October 22, 2020, 09:30 AM
RE: autumn jazz - by Leta - October 22, 2020, 09:38 AM
RE: autumn jazz - by Charles - October 22, 2020, 09:56 AM
RE: autumn jazz - by Leta - October 22, 2020, 10:40 AM
RE: autumn jazz - by Charles - October 22, 2020, 10:48 AM
RE: autumn jazz - by Leta - October 22, 2020, 11:29 AM
RE: autumn jazz - by Charles - October 22, 2020, 12:16 PM
RE: autumn jazz - by Leta - October 22, 2020, 01:56 PM
RE: autumn jazz - by Charles - October 22, 2020, 04:17 PM