Brecheliant
Family
a hundred mini dreams and a healing scar ♥
2,114 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Medic
Master Midwife
Master Sitter
Eljay sensed that Alyx hesitated and after a short moment he encouraged, Don't worry, I won't tell anyone, you can tell me. Alyx soon began to share her story, admitting that she'd made a friend in Rusalka. Honestly, Eljay had already forgotten the name of the pack that she had been in; he just remembered that some wolves had taken her in and he was grateful for that, but he didn't expect to ever meet them, so he'd put their names from his thoughts easily.

Alyx went on to say she had made a friend and she seemed to have a bit of a crush. Eljay didn't really think of it as a crush, though mostly because he (and none of his siblings or children, as far as he knew anyway) had never developed strong feelings like crushes at that age. He saw it as a good friendship, and he understood that she might feel that way towards wolves who'd saved her when she had washed away during the floods and move. That whole period in time was kinda hazy for Eljay, as it was the so-manieth disaster to pile on top of everything, but he did vividly remember Alyx being missing and searching for her.

So, in short, it seemed that Alyx wanted to live with Rusalka so she could be with her friend Val and that her parents had said no. She thought it unfair (while Eljay thought that letting Meerkat go to Moonspear at that age was the dangerous parenting choice, honestly). Of course it seemed that way to her now. Hopefully one day she could understand her parents' decisions. Eljay hoped that if Elfie was still out there, he understood his own decisions, too...

Eljay frowned thoughtfully as his mind was brought back to Elfie -- who'd left the pack to train with Towhee at the time, and hadn't taken no for an answer -- and he wished that he could somehow help Alyx understand what it was like from a parent's perspective. Thank you for trusting me with this secret, Alyx. I understand that it feels unfair right now, he started off with, not wanting to make Alyx feel as if he was just trying to get her to be a good girl and shut up. I know this isn't what you want to hear right now, but, well... Your parents just want you to be healthy. They don't know uhm, this Val's pack as well as they know the pack that Meerkat is visiting. Eljay smiled apologetically, knowing full well that he wasn't making this easier for Alyx. It sucks right now, but as you grow older, you'll get to visit them, and maybe if you feel the same way when you're all grown up, you can still move there for some time. Eljay looked at Alyx as he tried to gauge how that made her feel, hoping that it helped at least a teensy bit.
Messages In This Thread
My mood's shifting to manic places - by Alyx - October 21, 2020, 11:35 PM
RE: My mood's shifting to manic places - by Eljay - October 25, 2020, 05:31 PM
RE: My mood's shifting to manic places - by Alyx - October 30, 2020, 10:11 AM
RE: My mood's shifting to manic places - by Eljay - October 31, 2020, 01:03 PM
RE: My mood's shifting to manic places - by Alyx - November 17, 2020, 10:07 PM
RE: My mood's shifting to manic places - by Eljay - November 19, 2020, 01:51 PM
RE: My mood's shifting to manic places - by Alyx - December 08, 2020, 10:58 AM