Brecheliant
Family
a hundred mini dreams and a healing scar ♥
2,117 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Medic
Master Midwife
Master Sitter
Towhee didn't mention going after the guy that hurt Maia, but Eljay fully expected she'd take care of it. After all, this could be dangerous for their own too, and if nothing else, for next year's children. He was certain that it would be taken care of so Eljay didn't revisit the subject.

Instead he was caught off guard by what appeared to be a rare Towhee compliment. Eljay wasn't used to this treatment from Towhee and it was kinda weird to feel as if she was seeing him as her equal now. He had always felt like he was at least half who she was, in her eyes. Oh, uh, thanks, he said, clearly a little flustered. That means a lot -- ah -- coming from you. He didn't mean to say it like that and so hastily added, I mean -- a brief pause, then a less hasty, thank you. Because there wasn't anything he could say to save that, and he didn't want to keep rambling on.

Eljay thought about how Wiffle had given him the honoree rank and he couldn't help but wonder if any of the leaders after that had ever considered him for leadership. His parents were betas to Redhawk Caldera for the longest time. Eljay had never quite felt ready to take up that honorary, traditionally Blackthorn beta title and now he wasn't so sure if was even available. The rank system had changed, of course, but Phox and Niamh came closest to it and there just didn't seem space for him, anyway. He wasn't sure that anyone else would see him as competent enough. He wasn't sure he'd be competent enough... He just wasn't the same material as his parents. And it felt like no one but Wiffle had ever truly seen any potential like that in him, so it was unlikely to happen again.

It was just a silly thought, he thought to himself and quickly pushed it aside.

Yeah? I'm glad too, Eljay said in response to Towhee's last comment, though he had to admit that was mostly because Maia was here right now. Imagine if nobody had been there for her after the attack.
Messages In This Thread
lay it lay it down let me see your hand - by Eljay - November 07, 2020, 12:20 PM
RE: lay it lay it down let me see your hand - by Towhee - November 09, 2020, 02:14 PM
RE: lay it lay it down let me see your hand - by Eljay - November 09, 2020, 02:49 PM
RE: lay it lay it down let me see your hand - by Towhee - November 09, 2020, 02:57 PM
RE: lay it lay it down let me see your hand - by Eljay - November 09, 2020, 03:24 PM
RE: lay it lay it down let me see your hand - by Towhee - November 09, 2020, 09:17 PM
RE: lay it lay it down let me see your hand - by Eljay - November 10, 2020, 07:28 AM
RE: lay it lay it down let me see your hand - by Towhee - November 10, 2020, 02:12 PM
RE: lay it lay it down let me see your hand - by Eljay - November 11, 2020, 05:46 PM
RE: lay it lay it down let me see your hand - by Towhee - November 11, 2020, 07:01 PM
RE: lay it lay it down let me see your hand - by Eljay - November 12, 2020, 02:47 AM
RE: lay it lay it down let me see your hand - by Towhee - November 12, 2020, 09:26 AM
RE: lay it lay it down let me see your hand - by Eljay - November 12, 2020, 10:54 AM